-xxii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, I texted Woojin if he was okay. But there was no reply. It was understandable. He needed his time. Not just to comfort his mother, but to compose himself after what he just heard. He must've been so hurt.

 

Both of them must've been.


 
But I never stopped waiting for his reply.


 
A day passed. And then two. Days kept passing without a reply. I spent those numerous nights in concern. Thinking about what could have happened, and how he was.


 
Right now, It has almost been a week, the date currently being the 24th of December.


 
During that one week, I talked to Daehwi more. I talked to Daehwi about Woojin and what I was curious about Woojin to him. I didn't really directly tell him what happened. I asked first if Woojin had family problems. When he said yes, though hesitant, I explained why I asked him and briefly said that recently, his parents got into an argument and I was concerned over him. I told him about how Woojin hasn't responded to my message for a week already. He expressed the same worry but encouraged me that Woojin would be fine.

 

I knew I could trust Daehwi's words. He knew him better than me afterall.

 

I sighed and glanced at the clock. It's only a few hours before midnight and my parents still haven't contacted me. I guess, my parents aren't coming home this year again.


 
"Well, if they don't come home for Christmas we can celebrate it together since my family doesn't really celebrate Christmas" Woojin's words from a week ago echoed in my head.


 
There goes another person I could've spent Christmas with.


 
I couldn't really come over to Yoojung's because they went overseas to visit other relatives. It's not like I can come with her to that. Even our house helpers went home for Christmas.


 
So that means I'm left alone to spend Christmas.

 

I'm the only one left alone for Christmas.


 
I settled in my bed, preparing to sleep. There's no need to stay up till midnight if I don't have someone to celebrate with.


 
I closed my eyes and willed my self to sleep.

 

 

 

 

"What kind of person sleeps through Christmas?" A voice echoed.


 
"Should we wake her?" Another voice said.


 
From sleep, I was slowly falling into consciousness at their loud conversation.


 
"Why are you even asking? Ofcourse we should" the voice, I could almost recognize said. 


 
I slowly fluttered my eyes open, to be met by two blurry figures right by my bed.


 
I blinked away the blur in my eyes to see the figures clearly.

 

And when I gained sight, I felt shock all over my body.
 


"Oh look, she's awake" my father smiled down at me.
 


I sat up quickly, a grin starting to form on my face.
 


"You're here!" I exclaimed.


 
"Ofcourse we are, sweetheart. Two years of Christmas without you was difficult. We thought we should come home this year" my mother smiled at me, sitting down on my bed, an arm wrapped around me.


 
"Aw, Dad, come here" I laughed and pulled my parents into a hug.


 
"Thank you for coming home" I chuckled, though feeling tears rise up.


 
"Oh no, is our girl crying?" My dad pulled away.


 
"Who wouldn't cry after missing their parents?" I replied, wiping the tears away.


 
"We're sorry sweetie. But you know that we try our best to come home. That's why we have those special dinners when we're home, don't we?" My mother replied.


 
"It's been hectic" my father sighed.


 
"It still is" he continued.


 
"So does that mean..." I trailed on, feeling my heart slowly sink.


 
"We need to leave by tomorrow morning" he sighed.


 
"We're sorry we can't be with you through the holidays" my mother apologized, hugging my side.


 
"That's fine, as long as you came home and we're all together. That's enough for me" I smiled, though a little pained.


 
"Do you want to visit your brother with us tomorrow before we leave?" My mother suggested.


 
"I'd love to" I answered with a gentle smile.


 
My father smiled back at me. "Want to go open your gifts?"


 
I nodded a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter