-xvi-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, what's up?"


 
"Where are you?" I asked.


 
"Me? On the bus on my way home. You?" He asked back.


 
"I'm nearly home. Aren't you supposed to be at Youngmin's place?" I replied, watching the scenery outside fade from Yoojung's neighborhood to the highway.


 
"Yeah, well that got cancelled because Youngmin's relatives were apparently visiting. That includes Daehwi" Woojin answered.


 
I hummed in response.


 
"So what's going on? What do you need help with?" he asked.


 
"I did something wrong and I couldn't come to anyone else but you" I replied.


 
"How about Yoojung?" 


 
"That's the point. I did something wrong to Yoojung" I sighed.


 
"What did you do?" I heard him shuffle on the other side of the line.


 
"Well, you know that Donghyun and I went to the comfort room together? He asked me for help. He said he liked Yoojung" I began.


 
"And?" He prompted.


 
"I accidentally hinted at him that Yoojung liked him back. So when Yoojung and I chatted, I couldn't lie to her and told her, except for the part that Donghyun told me he liked Yoojung" I explained.


 
"Well, you were wrong" he said.


 
"I know. So help me" I groaned.


 
"Well the important thing is you need to tell her that you were wrong and that you're sorry" he advised.


 
"But how? Before she left the car I tried to talk to her but she just cut me off and stormed out" I huffed.


 
"And I hate my self for doing that to her" I bit down my lower lip when I started feeling my eyes sting.


 
"Don't be like that. You can't put your self so lowly. Nobody's perfect. We make mistakes along our lives and we have the choice to make up for it. Yoojung's your bestfriend. It’s impossible that she won't forgive you. Just give her some time to cool her self down" he spoke with such gentleness I actually felt the weight in my heart lift up by a great amount.


 
"So what should I do?" I asked.


 
"You could try contacting her. Either by call or text. You can even try both. Try calling first. If she doesn't answer, then just text her what you should" he said.


 
I breathed, contemplating. I heard more shuffling over the other line before I heard him speak again.
 


"Hey, my stop's next. Call me later if she doesn't respond" he said.
 


"Call you again?" I asked.


 
"Yeah, If those two plans don't work out, then we can think of another way to make you two make-up" he answered.


 
"Okay. Thank you Woojin. Walk home safe" I said into the phone.
 


He hummed in reply to my thanks.  "Bye and goodluck"
 


"Bye" I said before hanging up.
 


I heard a knock outside the car window and was shocked to see that we already arrived home and I didn't even notice.


 
I turned my head and saw that it was our driver knocking, probably wondering why I was still in the car. I collected my things and left the car.


 
As I headed up to my room, after washing up and changing clothes, I hopped on my bed and started dialing Yoojung's number. To my dismay, she missed every call I sent, until to the point that it reached 14 missed calls. I sighed in exasperation. I doubt she was going to answer. So instead, I opened KaTalk and started typing out a message.


 
"Hey, Yoojung. I'm so so sorry for what I did. It was insensitive of me. You're right it wasn't my place to tell and I should know that. Please, talk to me? I really am sorry. I swear it won't happen again. I'll give you space if you want. I understand you need space first, and I'll respect that. You're my bestfriend and I hate seeing you mad, specially if it's at me. You've been the bestest best friend to me and I can't go on knowing I hurt you. Talk to me when you're ready, okay? I love you and I'm sorry"
 


I took my time typing the message, putting every ounce of love and my guilt in it. I pressed send and stared at my phone for moments, hoping she would reply.
 


After minutes of waiting, I put my phone down and laid in my bed instead. I couldn't do anything but stare at the ceiling, as I waited for Yoojung's reply. I didn't even notice I slipped into slumber, only to be awoken by the sound of my phone notification. I quickly propped my self up on my arm and grabbed my phone, still dizzy from the suddeness of being woken up.
 


I sighed in slight disappointment when I saw who messaged, from highly anticipating it was Yoojung. '11:48 pm', my phone displayed. I tapped on the notification to open the message and read its contents.
 


Woojin
“How did it go?”

 

Instead of replying, I tapped on the call icon to call him as he instructed earlier.
 


"She didn't reply?" He immediately greeted, just as the phone was picked up.
 


"Yeah" I muttered, realizing the hoarseness of my voice from the glimpse of sleep I had. I quickly cleared my throat and continued speaking.


 
"I actually fell asleep for a moment while waiting for her reply. Only your text woke me up"
 


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter