-xxv-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are so much things, that the awareness of the feelings you have, can mess up. First and foremost, it messes up your mental ability. You can't think straight nor do things properly. So it's really just simply put as being a mess. And I, being very little experienced with situations like this,  am very confused. I guess not about the part of how I feel, but now more on what I should do with what I feel.


 
It's only been a little over a month since I became friends with Woojin. So, though I never deemed it possible before, I couldn't really trust the genuineness of how I felt. I mean, sure, there are flutters and I think of him too often. But what were these feelings really made up of?


 
I guess I need another Yoojung consultation.


 
"Sorry, I need my bestfriend" I pulled away my bestfriend, Yoojung, who was hanging out with Donghyun on the balcony.
 


"No" Donghyun pouted at Yoojung, trying to act cute for her not to leave.


 
"I think I'm going to barf" I made a gagging sound.
 


Donghyun scoffed.


 
"As if the way you and Woojin flirt are any better. Always gazing at each other so greasily. Sickening" he said, imitating the sound I made earlier.
 


"We do not" I denied, though a bit flustered at the sudden bringing up of the person I'm currently stealing my bestfriend from her boyfriend for.


 
"Yeah, sure you 'don't'. Just go. But make sure you bring her back quick" he narrowed his eyes at me.


 
"Why should I listen to you?" I poked my tongue out playfully, before quickly dragging Yoojung away.


 
"Whoa- Hey!" She exclaimed after being pulled too sudden.
 


"What's going on?" She asked as I pulled her to the room we shared.


 
"It's an emergency, let's hurry up" I said, hastily pulling her, after seeing Woojin come out from his and Daehwi's room. I saw his puzzled gaze as he watched me hurriedly pull Yoojung.
 


I pulled Yoojung inside our room and shut the door, not forgetting to lock it.


 
"Yoojung, oh god this is your fault" I panted, holding on to my forehead.


 
"What?" Yoojung asked with a confused gaze.


 
"You shouldn't have told me that-- that I liked Woojin" I whispered the last part of the sentence, afraid that someone might hear our conversation.
 


"That's your emergency?" Yoojung laughed.
 


"Yes, it is my emergency. I'm having a crisis here if you haven't noticed" I said in distress.


 
"Okay, crisis about what? Me telling you that you liked Woojin?" Yoojung asked again, obviously pleased with the reaction she was getting.


 
"Shh! Not so loud! Someone might hear you!" I whispered harshly.


 
She snorted. "What about it?" She asked with a shrug.
 


"I think it's playing games with me. I keep thinking of it and it's making me think that it is true" I huffed sitting on my bed.
 


Yoojung sat across of the bed from me, still with a smile on her face.


 
"That's what you call in denial, babe" she said.


 
"I don't believe it. It's just your words playing games on me!" I denied strongly, being reminded of Woojin calling me babe.
 


"Then describe him for me" she requested.


 
"He's... my friend" I answered, not giving it too much thought.


 
"I know that, describe how he is" she insisted.


 
"Why is describing him even important?" I pouted.


 
She rolled her eyes "Just do it"


 
"He's... I don't know" I groaned.

 

Not a total lie. But how could I describe him to her, when he makes me feel so much indescribable things?

 

"Try harder! I thought you needed my help?" She scoffed.
 


I opened my mouth to speak, before a knock resonated from the door.


 
"Are you two in there? The others want to go to the springs after brunch so bring your swim wear" Youngmin said over the door.
 


"Yeah, sure! We'll be there!" Yoojung answered.


 
"Okay!" He said, his footsteps resounding from the wooden flooring as he left.


 
"C'mon, we can continue this conversation later. I'm famished" she said, holding on to her stomach.
 


I sighed. I guess it can wait.
 

 

 


Surprisingly, Woojin wasn't sticking by my side today. He walked with Daehwi in front, while I walked with Youngmin instead.


 
"Missing your boyfriend?" Youngmin teased, nudging my arm.


 
"No, I don't" I answered. I only then noticed that I only denied one part of his question so it seems as if I'm admitting it.
 


"And he's not my boyfriend" I quickly added.


 
Youngmin's face had a teasing smile on after what I added.
 


"Took you a while to deny it though" he shrugged.
 


"T-that doesn't mean anything" I answered, a little flustered.


 
Youngmin laughed "What happened to the girl who, one month ago, approached our table with such confidence because she claimed she was interested in someone?"
 


That struck something in me, almost wanting to tell him that it was when I was still on with the plan.
 


Wait, did I just admit that?
 


"Huh" I huffed out, the only response I'm able to give.
 


"Huh?" Youngmin repeated my answer, laughing out loud after. This gained the others' attention, as they turned back to look at us. As I saw Woojin's head turn to us, I immediately turned to Youngmin, acting like I was laughing back. I don't know what urged me to do that though. I just felt the need to do so.
 


"Nothing to see here" Youngmin announced to make them look away.
 


With that said, they all turned back to the front, noticing Woojin stare a little longer, before turning back.
 

 

 

 
We all ate peacefully (but not without Youngmin being obnoxious ofcourse) and agreed to immediately head to the springs.


 
We were now headed to the springs, the place in the resort that Yoojung claimed to be one of the best places there, though she calls everyplace in the resort the best.
 


I saw Woojin, who sat two seats away from me, open his mouth to probably say something, before Youngmin jogged to my side with a strange glint in his eyes.
 


"Let's continue the talk we had earlier, yeah?" He asked with a wink.


 
"What talk--" before I could finish my sentence, he was dragging me already.


 
"This is so fun" he chuckled quietly, in which I stared at him weirdly.


 
"What do you mean fun?" I asked, utterly confused by what he was planning.


 
"Oh young one, you only think you are confused. When in truth, you already know it yourself" he patted the top of my head.


 
"Is that what you're calling being wise? Because I'm getting even more confused with what you're saying" I said honestly.
 


"You'll understand when you get older" he sighed.
 


"Okay, enough chitchat I need my girl" Woojin suddenly interrupted, cutting in between me and Youngmin. He hung his arm over my shoulders before pushing me somewhere else.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter