-xxvii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GoEun was up to something and I know it's something bad. She's never looked as confident as she did now. And it was as if  the world was on her side as it became clear to me.


 
"You know, you look really pitiful chasing after guys" GoEun said, appearing from one of the cubicles, as I was washing my hands on the comfort room sink that afternoon.


 
I didn't answer. Why should I? She was probably just up to something childish again.


 
"Wow an all time low blow for someone like you to be doing something like this. Oh, I can't even imagine the pain Woojin would feel when he finds out" she whispered as she passed, leaving me in the bathroom, alone and frozen.
 


Could she possibly...


 
She knew something. But how?


 
I gripped the edge of the sink tightly, actually afraid of what GoEun might do.


 
I breathed. Okay, I may only be misunderstanding what she said. Maybe it was something different. But what else would it be?


 
I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking about what happened. I couldn't focus on the lessons taught and I just sat still. I got so carried away by my thoughts that I didn't even realize it was already dismissal time.
 


"You're lost in thought again" Woojin nudged me as we walked along the halls together, where it was getting crowded.


 
I shook my head.


 
"It's nothing. I'm probably just tired" I sighed.
 


"Aw, want to go eat to recharge?" He asked, hanging his arm on my shoulders.
 


I snickered. "You idiot. I know you have practice to attend to" 


 
"Ah right" he said shamefully.
 


"How about I just take you home?" He offered.
 


"Nope. You can't do that either. Our driver is already waiting outside." I rejected, patting his cheeks as a silent apology.


 
"How about the next days then?" He proposed.


 
I shook my head. "Then I'm basically removing our driver's job then"
 


Woojin pouted cutely.


 
"What do I do then?" He asked.
 


I contemplated on his question for a few moments, before I finally gave in.
 


"Fine. You can drive me home on some days." I rolled my eyes with a smile.
 


"And dates on weekends and/or after school?" He added.


 
I smiled up at him, pinching his nose as I giggled.
 


"Alright, alright. So demanding."  I shook my head as I laughed before looking infront again.
 


"Well, I guess this is the moment we part?" Woojin said dramatically when we were nearing our family car.
 


"You're making it sound like we aren't going to see each other tomorrow" I said.


 
"We are. I just want to keep seeing you longer and longer." He said, looking directly at me, as we stopped by the car.


 
Instead of responding to him, I looked over to the driver.
 

 

"Give us a moment" I told him, in which he nodded in answer.
 


I opened the car door and pulled Woojin in with me.
 


"What are we doing here?" Woojin asked immediately.
 


I quickly wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.
 


"I wanted to hug you." I said as I smiled against his blazer.
 


He chuckled at my reason, hugging me back.
 


"And you just wanted to do it inside the car?" He asked.

 
"I'm not a fan of PDA" I shuddered.


 
"What do I do then? I'm a fan of showering you with my love" he replied.


 
I pulled away from him, making a gagging sound.


 
"Go run a cheese factory or something" I said with a roll of my eyes.
 


He chuckled before giving my cheek a peck.


 
"I'll go now. See you tomorrow?" He said.


 
I nodded back. "See you tomorrow. And be safe, okay?"
 

 

"I will" he said before opening the door and getting down from the car.


 
"You be safe too" he waved before shutting the door.
 


The driver came in a few seconds after Woojin had left, as we proceeded home.

 

 

 

 
The next day, I was sitting in our Literature class, as the bell had rung to signal the beginning of lunch break.
 


"You look bothered" Yoojung suddenly commented as she was packing her pencil case.
 


"Uh, congratulations for noticing? I guess?" I replied.
 


"What's the thing bothering you and making you do that rhino face?" she asked.
 


"What kind of concerned friend insults you while consulting you?" I commented with a light laugh, before I turned serious.
 


"It's uhm-- it's GoEun..." I sighed.


 
"She's still bothering you?" She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter