-xii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So what was that about?" Woojin asked as we walked along the rooftop garden of the school, killing the remaining time before the next class.

 

"What was what about?" I asked back, unsure of what he was asking.

 

"Donghyun" he said a little too quietly.

 

"Ah that" I cleared my throat. I was sure it wasn't my place to tell Woojin. Besides, what if he start thinking the same way as Donghyun and distances himself from me?

 

"Oh it's nothing just a few questions about  Yoojung. You know the thing between those two" I forced out a smile and a laugh to try to convince him.

 

Woojin's eyes searched mine before he sighed.

 

"Well, okay, I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or what, but I've been noticing that he's a bit off with you" he said as his eyes casted down.

 

I acted unknowing of what he said, asking another question.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

His eyes met mine and I could see the concern mirror through his eyes. 

 

When we started getting closer, his eyes stopped wandering whenever we talked and started staring at me through my own. He had slanted eyes that mirrors every single emotion he feels, like flags that wave every sign. And sometimes I get afraid that he might see it whenever I lie.

 

"Well for starters, he often stares at you. Not glancing, like really looking."

 

I looked away from him, afraid that he might see through me and find out what I knew. I tried to think of what to reply to him but it hasn't even been long when he spoke again.

 

"Don't take it weirdly! He's not a creep, he's just uhm--"

 

"I'm not" I turned to him and gave him a smile to assure him that I didn't think that way. (Well surely, not anymore since Donghyun's already told me what his deal with me was with all those staring.

 

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong going on between you two…?" He asked, the concern still not leaving his face.

 

"Yup! Stop worrying you child" I said and pinched his cheeks.

 

He pinched my cheeks back after I let go, as his concern melted away. He smiled cheekily, his snaggletooth making its appearance again. He kept his hands pinching my face but without too much force for him to hurt me.

 

"Okay, I believe you"

 

At his words, I felt like I took a punch to my gut. He said he believes me. It means he trusted me. 

 

I masked my emotions by slapping his hands away lightly and laughing as I did so.

 

"Are you shy?" He asked with the same cheeky smile.

 

"Excuse me?" I replied with my brows raised.

 

"Aww, do I make your heart flutter?" he said, stepping closer to me.

 

How the tables have turned. One minute I'm the one leading and the next he's already taken the wheel. Now, I'm the one getting flustered.

 

We were face to face now, and from this proximity, I could see that he was trying his best not to shy away from me.

 

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" He said blankly.

 

My breath hitched. Did he just complement me?

 

He paused for a moment and somehow realized what he said. He stepped away and avoided my eyes. 

 

"Shoot! I wasn't supposed to say that out loud-- uhm," he said, trying to think of what to say.

 

"Aw, do I make your heart flutter?" I repeated his words and fluttered my eyelids as I said it.

 

"How dare you?" He laughed and put me in a headlock and ruffling my hair.

 

"Seriously? A head lock?" I laughed and hit his stomach.

 

"Ow! We just ate!" He said and let me go.

 

"Ugh you ruined my hair" I complained, in a pout, as I tried to pat down my hair.

 

"Let me do that for you" he said, removing my hands, as he arranged my hair himself.

 

Woojin wasn't on the tall side but he still was taller than me. His nose was directly infront of my eyes, as he fixed my hair upclose. 

 

"Shortie" he snorted while he was still arranging my ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter