-xxi-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly slipped into consciousness the next day, feeling my pillow rise up and down steadily and warm breaths hit my face.

 

Wait, what?
 


My eyes cracked open but the sunlight that shone from the outside made me squint my eyes from the brightness. I felt the swell on my eyes as I opened them to see that it was morning already. My eyes trailed to the amazingly warm pillow that I was currently laying on. 


 
As my eyes caught sight, my breath hitched, seeing that it was (obviously) not a pillow. I watched as Woojin peacefully slept, with our arms wrapped around each other loosely, my head against his shoulder. 
 


That means to say-- we slept in the same bed?


 
My heart leapt and suddenly, I didn't feel so sleepy anymore. I haven't even had my first kiss yet and now I slept in the same bed with a guy? Not that we did anything wrong but it just feels like it is.

 

My mind recalled the events that occurred the previous night. How I cried on his shoulder all night, as he held me. I mentally face palmed. I must've fallen asleep in the midst of crying.

 

Despite my shock, I didn't make a move incase I might wake him up. God, if he wakes up and sees our position, too, it'll be so embarrassing. But he could've let go though? Unless he, too, fell asleep? I breathed in and out to calm the beating in my chest.
 


I shouldn't panic. It'll just make the drumming in my chest worse. And to my dismay, I felt Woojin shift beside me, as I immediately closed my eyes shut, pretending to still be alseep.
 


I felt his body freeze for a second, probably realizing what was happening.

 

After a moment, he started breathing regularly again. I waited for him to do something, like secretly leave the bed and pretend nothing like that happened after I fake wake-up later or something. But instead of untangling our limbs from each other, I felt his hand tuck in a few strands of my hair behind my ear, before softly my head.


 
I felt my heart beat louder than how it was beating earlier and it made me fear that, from this proximity, Woojin might feel it. I maintained a relaxed face to keep my act up. I can already imagine how awkward it'll be if he knew I was awake. So I had to hold it in.
 


I heard him sigh moments later before I slowly felt him move. He gently sat up a little, making sure that I don't move out of my position too much. He used his free hand to gently hold my head and lay it down a pillow, freeing his arm that was under my head. Then, he slowly lifted my hand off his body, to replace it with a pillow instead.


 
The guy's real smooth. I had to admit.


 
I shifted a little to sell my act more, in which I heard Woojin sharply intake a breath, releasing it only after I have settled.


 
I resisted opening my eyes to see if he was still there and just waited for a sound to confirm his leave. It was painfully quiet, and from the fact that Woojin's bedroom floor was carpeted, his footsteps wouldn't be audible enough. That is, until, I heard the door gently open then close, signaling that he has left the room. I silently breathed in relief. Still, I didn't move from my place and opted to stay longer so that I, waking up, won't be too suspicious.
 

 


 

I ended up falling asleep again and waking up for heaven knows how long after. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and stretched a little. I didn't feel as awful as I did yesterday. It always felt better to talk about a problem and cry it out instead of holding it in and keeping the burden to myself. I swung my feet down from the bed, preparing to leave the room and search for Woojin. 
 


My face flamed in remembrance of the how I woke up to Woojin, hugging me earlier. Weirdly, the painful beating wasn't there anymore. And I'm glad it isn't. Atleast, not as painful as I remember it to be.
 


I wore the slippers that Woojin provided for me and exited his room to look for him. I first headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth (Woojin provided me some disposable toothbrushes to use), freshened up a bit before heading downstairs.
 


As I stepped down the stairs, the smell of food cooking mixed in with the air inside the house. I figured that Woojin might be in the kitchen, whipping something up for breakfast.
 


I headed for the kitchen, peeking my head in a little to see. I saw Woojin's back turned to me, as he was manning the stove. I entered the kitchen casually, the kitchen door creaking a little. Woojin turned at the noise and immediately spotted me by the counter, where his cooking materials and ingredients were spread out. He visibly flinched at the sight of me, probably still flustered, in which he tried to tone down his shock by acting indifferent. I felt my face heat up a little after seeing his face, being reminded of how closely I saw his face earlier.
 


"Good morning" I smiled, pretending not to know anything.


 
"G-good morning" he turned back to the stove shyly.
 


"Breakfast will be ready soon" he cleared his throat.
 


"Okay, I'll stay here and watch you cook" I said.
 


He turned to me briefly, as I saw the tips of his ears grow red.
 


"Sure" he replied, his back still turned to me.
 


I leaned on the counter watching him, thinking to my self. It was amazing how much the heaviness in my heart was lifted. Woojin didn't have to say anything. He just offered his comfort and made me feel that he was there.
 


I stared at his back for a few moments before he grabbed a plate and placed the cooked food  on it. He turned to me.
 


"Can you please prepare the table?"
 


"Oh, sure" I answered and went to the cabinets to get some plates.
 


As I grabbed the necessary utensils to eat, I left the kitchen and went to the dining room to lay them out. I breathed in satisfaction as I finished setting up the table. I looked over to the kitchen door, wondering what was taking Woojin so long. I decided to go check up on him, incase he needed anything.
 


As I was near the door, it sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter