Be Happy, You Have To Be Happy

Unspoken Words

He didn’t know how he knew but he just did. It was like there was a nagging feeling inside urging him to see her for the last time, to just look into those innocent eyes and beg for forgiveness. He knew that was close to impossible but he had to try.

He just had to see her for one last time.

 

Ji Young’s POV

I had the feeling I was being followed but each time I turned around to take a look, there wasn’t anyone suspicious.

Perhaps I was getting paranoid. Maybe this whole thing is messing everything up for me. And if I wanted to feel better, I had to see Tae Min now. He’s the only one I could count on, the only shoulder I can lean on.

I didn’t tell him about the letters, I didn’t want him to worry. He would just get agitated and start imagining the worst possible scenarios.

There. Those footsteps sound again.

I whipped my head around, expecting to see someone.

And this time, I really did.

 

Tae Min’s POV

I glanced down at my watch anxiously.

Ji Young was late. She has never been late. She told me she had some errands to take care of first but promised she would be on time for our movie date.

 I paced back and forth nervously. Surely nothing bad could’ve happened to her right?

I took out my phone and turn on my speed dial.

First try. No answer.

I tried again.

Silence.

I wasn’t going to waste my time for a third try.

Every passing second matters now.

 

Ji Young’s POV

“Who are you?”

“That isn’t important.”

As she took a step closer towards me, I took a step backward away from her.

She was just a girl to any other passerby, but she looked menacing enough to kill from my position. I couldn’t see any sort of weapons clutched in her hands but I wasn’t going to take any chances.

“I finally get to see you up close, Ji Young. You aren’t that pretty,” she slurred on her words.

From the way she said my name, it sent shivers down my spine. The deadly look in her eyes, they told me I owed her something. She wanted something from me. And she was going to get it one way or another.

Revenge.

I my lips nervously.

“Sorry. I don’t know you. I think you have the wrong person,” I turned around to escape but she was agile enough to jump over and blocked my path.

“Where are you going? Do you know how hard it is to see you alone like this? You’re always with that other tall lean boy.”

Tae Min.

I have to find a way to get hold of him.

But how was I supposed to do it with her watching my every move like a hawk?

“Is he your new boyfriend?” she scoffed. “I told Seung Hyun you aren’t a good girl right from the start.”

Seung Hyun.

I felt a stabbing pain in my heart at the mention of his name.

“Do you know Seung Hyun?” I whispered, my thoughts of calling Tae Min disappeared momentarily.

She gave me an evil smirk.

“I know him more than you do.”

I didn’t know what happened or what I’ve said but her eyes seemed to be darker when she talks about Seung Hyun. I glanced down at her two hands and they were clenched tightly, her knuckles turning white.

“I’m sorry,” I gulped. “I have to go now.”

I sidestepped her and tried to get away but she yanked hard at my hand.

I whirled around in surprise and everything happened so fast I barely had any time to react.

I felt someone pushing me out of the way and I stumbled down hard onto the pavement.

I could feel blood trickling down my left arm but I was numb out of the pain as my eyes widened in horror to what was happening in front of me.

Seung Hyun was lying on the ground with his two hands clutching his stomach tightly; thick red blood already staining his shirt. The knife fell to ground with a deafening thud beside him.

My body trembled in fear as I looked up at the girl who had wanted to hurt me earlier.

She was just as dumbfounded as I was as she looked down at what she had done.

“No. No, why did you have to come here? Why?!” she shrieked in anger. “No,” she shook her head vigorously.

She her heels and ran away, probably still in the state of shock and unable to believe he had hurt him instead of me.

It took me a moment to recover and as soon as I did, I crawled over towards Seung Hyun who was lying there in pain.

“Seung Hyun,” my lips quivered as I placed both trembling hands underneath his head and brought it up to my lap slowly. “You can hear me right?”

His eyes fluttered opened and he smiled weakly when he saw me.

“Ji Young...” he reached up his right hand to touch my cheek and left a bloody trace on it. “Are you okay?”

“I’m okay,” I nodded forcefully. “Stay still okay? I’m going to get you some help.”

“Ji Young...” I felt him tugging at my hand. “Please don’t leave me...”

I shook my head in protest.

“I’m not going to. I just want to get you some help.”

“I came to find you...I’m sorry...” he said, as he struggled with his words. “I’m sorry for what I had done.”

“Shh, it’s okay. I forgive you,” my voice croaked as I cradled him closer to my chest.

I reached down and placed my hands over his to try and stop the bleeding at the same time; though I know my efforts were in vain. I didn’t know what else to do.

I felt for his pulse but I could barely feel it. My heart beat quickened at the thought of losing him. I couldn’t. Not when he had just saved my life.

“Ji Young...” his breathing was heavier now. It was taking every ounce of his energy just to breathe in air now. It saddened me to see him in this kind of situation.

“Hang in there please Seung Hyun. Just wait for awhile more,” I begged him as the tears came streaming down my face.

I could hear footsteps coming from behind me. I stiffened up in my position, afraid that my attacker might come back and finish up her job.

 “Ji Youngie,” I heard a familiar voice calling out my name. A second later, Tae Min came kneeling down beside me as his eyes took in the scene before me.

“I’ll call for an ambulance. Wait here with him,” he gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

“Tae Min... Wait.”

Tae Min stopped dead in his tracks as he crouched back down beside me.

“Promise me something Tae Min...”

“Anything.”

“Promise...You will take good care of Ji Young...”

Tae Min gave me a careful look before nodding his head slightly at Seung Hyun.

“I promise,” he said quietly.

“I’m really sorry...Ji Young,” his voice barely audible now. He caressed my cheek softly. “Take care of yourself okay?”

I gripped his hands tightly now, afraid to let him go. He has to get through this.

He managed one last faint smile at me before he let out his last breath; still in my embrace.

 

THE END

**************************

A million thanks to those of you who had read this fanfic of mine. I love you <3