I Want You To Myself

Unspoken Words

Min Ho’s POV

I watched her as she made her way towards me, looking just as pretty even in a simple white dress.

I gave her a warm smile as she approached me.

“You’re late,” I told her jokingly.

“Eh? Don’t tell me you’re angry?”

I shook my head.

“I thought so too,” she grinned. “Where’s Jong Hun? I thought we were going out together?”

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

“I didn’t ask Jong Hun along. I was thinking that maybe we could spend some time together. You know, just the two of us,” I said carefully.

She looked at me sceptically, but didn’t say whatever that was playing on her mind.

Hara looked around and seemed to finally realise the surrounding.

“Why did you ask me to meet you here then? This place is beautiful though.”

“It is right? Come on, we can take a walk slowly,” I reached out my hand to her.

There was only a moment of hesitation before she took it and we walked hand in hand by the water, stepping cautiously on the rocks.

“Careful. They are slippery,” I told her.

“It gives me a nice feeling though,” she said happily, already taking off her shoes. “You know, I didn’t realise this place existed.”

“Yah. I discovered it when I went out hiking with my friends that day. So I decided to bring you along.”

“Jong Hun would’ve loved this too,” she said wistfully. “He’d have fun playing with the water.”

I turned away from Hara so she wouldn’t see the change in my expression. Did she need to bring up Jong Hun’s name?

“Hara, can I ask you something?”

Nay? What is it?”

“Do you like me or Jong Hun better?” I blurted out the question before I could change my mind.

There was a moment of defining silence.

Then, she burst out laughing.

Of course, she thinks I’m joking.

“Min Ho-ah, you really have no idea on what else to say don’t you? It’s okay. We can just walk quietly.”

“No, I really want to know,” I insisted.

“You know that’s not a fair question. How can I ever...Argh! Min Ho, help me!”

I managed to turn around and grabbed her in time just before she slipped into the rushing cold water.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I held her tightly around her waist.

“Whoa. That was so close,” she said breathlessly. “Thank you.”

“I told you to be careful didn’t I?” I helped her to get back on her feet.

“It was your fault. If you hadn’t asked that question...” she wagged her finger at me.

I let out a small chuckle.

“Trust you to push the blame onto me. You’re always tripping over yourself anyway. It’s a good thing you have me.”

“What would I ever do without you?” she asked dramatically.

“That is why...you have to choose me,” I said lightly, but I was being serious at the same time.

“Yeah right. Come on; let’s get out of here before I really fall into the water.”

I followed her slowly as she pulled me along.

Hara, when will you ever understand?