Will The Day I Hold Her Hand Ever Come?

Unspoken Words

Tae Min’s POV

I sat there, slumping over my table with a pen between my fingers and a blank piece of paper staring up at me.

There were so many things that I wanted to say, all my suppressed feelings for Ji Young; but every time I opened my mouth, nothing seemed to come out.

Just staring at her naturally beautiful face, those pair of playful eyes and her stunning smile; was enough to make me go weak in the knees. And then I will completely forget what I was supposed to say.

I’ve been having this crush on her for 3 years now. No, it was more than just a crush.

I love her. I really do.

We’ve been in the same class since our freshman year and every single day since then, I’ve sit and stare at her from across the room; just simply amaze by everything that she does.

I sound like a stalker don’t I? No, it isn’t that.

I’m just a seventeen year old boy, hopelessly in love with the same girl for 3 years already and still unable to do anything about it.

So since I can’t pour out my feelings to her, I’ve decided to pen it down on a piece of paper instead.

There’s already a stack of letters arranged neatly on my study table, the things I’ve always wanted her to know.

My shyness isn’t the only reason we aren’t still together.

It’s because I know Ji Young too well, I know what she looks for in a guy.

Humour, smart, tall, good-looking, charming, sweet...

But yes, most importantly she loves a guy who can make her laugh the best.

Me? People always say I’m not funny enough. Whenever I try to be, it ends up being embarrassing instead.

I don’t think I will ever stand a chance...

It’s her birthday this weekend; and I still don’t know what would be a perfect gift for her.

I glanced sideways at the letters; they seemed to be mocking me.

Should I give her the letters for her birthday?

No. I wouldn’t want to ruin her special day.

Maybe, a bear? She likes cute stuffed toys.

With the words ‘I Love You’.

I shook my head in frustration. What was wrong with me?

Just then my cell phone rang out loud, making me jumped out of my seat startled.

I took a look at it and Ji Young’s name flashed on my screen.

Like she knows I’m thinking of her, I smirked as I answered her phone call.

“Hello?”

“Tae Min? Are you busy now?”

“Yes, very busy,” I joked.

“Oh,” her voice sounded distant. “Okay then, it’s okay.”

“But you know I’ll always make a time for you,” I said quickly.

I could hear her light laughter at the other end of the line.

“Shall we go out for an ice cream?”

“Eh? Are you asking me out?”

Nay. Well, if you are not interested...”

Anyo! No, I meant of course. I’d love to. Now?”

“I’ll wait for you at the shop okay? See you.”

I wondered why Ji Young suddenly wanted to see me.

Well, I won’t decline any excuses to see her