I Try To Forget You, I Try To Throw It All Away

Unspoken Words

Min Ho’s POV

“We haven’t got the chance to hang out, just the two of us for quite some time right?”

Jong Hun who was standing beside me just smirked. He stuffed his hands into the pocket of his jeans and turned to the other direction.

“You didn’t ask me out today for just a small talk, did you?”

It was my turn to smile.

“No. You’re right. But you know this would happen sooner or later.”

“Min Ho, you’re the basketball captain; the star in everyone’s eyes. People respect you; you win every single game that you compete in. You ace in your studies. You’re the only heir to your family’s business; you don’t even have to work hard and money will come rolling to you. Name it, you’ll get it. Why can’t you, just this once, have some consideration for this guy here who has been friends with you since we were 5 years old?”

I took a deep breath before answering. Jong Hun was right; I’ve never had to go through any hardships. I’ve been considered lucky all my life.

“But this is the matter of the heart. You have to fight for what you want.”

Jong Hun whirled his head and faced me.

“And what do you think I am doing now? Slacking? Just sitting there waiting for Hara to say ‘Saranghae Jong Hun. You’re the one for me?’”

“You can’t force her to do something she doesn’t want to.”

“Damn it Min Ho. What is it with you? Don’t you get it? Or are you just feigning ignorance? You know well enough how this thing is going to end, without having me to spell it out for you!” he shot back.

“So you know you’re going to lose, you want me to give in to you?” I questioned him.

“I have my own pride too as a man. Don’t look down on me just because I’m nowhere near as good as you,” he scoffed.

“How confident are you of taking care of Hara? Are you sure you can give her the happiness that she deserves?”

“Are you? What makes you think Hara will accept you? Money can’t buy you love,” Jong Hun said evenly.

I balled up my fists at my sides, ready to have it out with Jong Hun. We’ve never fought before, but they say there’s always a first time to everything.

“Save it. You wouldn’t want Hara to find out you beating me up. That wouldn’t make a good impression would it?”

I stared hard at him for a good whole of 5 minutes. Surprisingly, he held my gaze. I couldn’t see the boy whom I had called my own brother when I was a kid anymore. We are both grown up now, men with feelings. The kind of feelings which have made things so complicated between us.

Slowly, I unclenched my fists and turned away from Jong Hun. No matter how bad things were between us now, I couldn’t bring myself to hit him. He was still a friend after all. But was I ready to give up the girl I love for my friend?

“Min Ho, let me ask you something,” Jong Hun suddenly spoke up.

“What is it?” I asked crossly.

“Do you love Hara enough to die for her?”

“Why did you ask me that?”

“Do you?”

For some unknown reasons, my lips were sealed tight. I couldn’t bring myself to answer Jong Hun’s sudden question.

If I said no, does that mean I am not worthy at all to love her?

 

Hara’s POV

I sat cross legged on my bed with the photo album opened widely in front of me. Pictures of three smiling kids were staring back at me.

I traced my finger over the photos.

In each photo, Jong Hun and Min Ho were standing on either side of me. No matter what they do, they’ve always been very protective of me.

How can they ask me to choose between them? I need both of them. It was impossible to just pick one...

But then; my eyes fell on Min Ho’s handsome manly face. Then I stared at Jong Hun’s unbelievable sharp features.

Jong Hun’s such a sweet guy, very caring indeed; I won’t deny that.

And Min Ho, he’s just every girl’s dream guy. I know, he can take good care of me for a lifetime.

I reached over and pulled open my drawer. My hand found the two boxes I was looking for and took them out.

I set it carefully on my bed in front of me. I chewed on my nails anxiously. Whatever decision I make, a heart is bound to get broken.

I lifted both of the lids up, each one revealing a glimmering silver ring inside.

“This is my promise ring to you. I hope you will accept this symbol of love of mine for you,” Min Ho had said when he presented me the ring.

“There’s really isn’t no one else except for you Hara. I won’t force you, but I hope you’d at least give me the chance to prove my sincerity,” Jong Hun said softly, pressing the box into my hands.

My heart raced.

Two rings, two different guys.

But in the end, I can only choose one.

 

Note; Hey guys. I'm sorry if this chapter isn't any good :( I'm kinda having a hard time filling in the spaces in between :/ But I'll try my best though. On the other side; do I have any 2PM fans here? :) I know I'm being random ;D