There Is No One Like You

Unspoken Words

Jae Jin’s POV

This is it, the moment I’ve been waiting for.

If all goes well, I wouldn’t have to worry constantly when I’m with her. I know that all of these would be left behind and won’t come back to haunt me again.

But if not...

Just before I shut my eyes closed, the last thing which lingered on my mind was Nicole’s beautiful smiling face.

And it was all the strength I needed to get through this.

 

Ki Bum’s POV

As I made my towards her who was waiting for me at our usual meeting place, my mind was filled with unwanted thoughts.

I was debating with myself on whether I should tell her the truth or keep it to myself just like how I had promised Jae Jin.

But it was today, he told me today was the day.

Surely he would need Nicole’s support right?

“Nicole,” I patted her on the back as I approached her. “Been waiting long?”

“Key,” she murmured.

“Nicole, what’s wrong?” I asked her anxiously. There was something alarming about the expression on her face. Did something happen already?

“Jae Jin...He’s not picking up my calls. I’ve been trying to reach him since yesterday. He isn’t replying to my texts either. Do you think something has happened to him?”

I stared hard at her clearly troubled face and it was all I could do to resist myself any longer.

This was Nicole here, my best friend since we were kids, getting insanely worried about her loved one and I just couldn’t bear to see her being all anxious like this.

Her desperate eyes were searching for answers and I was the only one who could help her with that now.

“Nicole...There’s something that you should know...”

 

Nicole’s POV

“Excuse me, can you tell me which room Lee Jae Jin is in please?”

I waited patiently for the nurse to check through her records.

“He is in the operating theatre now.”

Operating theatre.

“How much longer?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not really sure about that.”

I turned towards Key who had accompanied me from just now with his expression just as strained as mine.

“He’ll get through this right? He will right?”

Key slipped his hand into mine and gripped it firmly.

“Stay strong Nicole. You have to be strong.”

I let myself being pulled away from there and just followed suit as he led me towards the waiting room.

“Why? Why didn’t he tell me anything about this?”

“He didn’t want you to worry. He’s confident that he can get through this. So, you have to trust him too,” Key gave me an assuring smile.

After it seemed like many hours had passed, the doctor finally came out of the room.

I immediately rushed forward anxious to get answers from him.

“How is he? He’s going to be okay right? It’s nothing serious? Tell me.”

I felt Key’s comforting hands on my shoulders as he held me close.

“Take a deep breath Nicole. Doctor, how is the patient now?”

I saw the doctor’s eyes darting back and forth from Key and me; like he was unsure on how to get the words out of his mouth.

  “Are you his family?”

“He lives alone here. We’re the only family he has,” I heard Key answering.

The doctor took a deep breath and I felt my own breath stuck in my throat.

I braced myself for his next sentence.

“I’m sorry. We’ve done everything we could. But he’s lost so much blood and...”

“Stop! Just stop!” I covered my ears and fell to the ground with a thud.

“You’re lying! Jae Jin wouldn’t leave me behind. He wouldn’t!” I cried out hysterically.

 

Ki Bum’s POV

I crouched down beside her as I tried to help her up. The news shook me up pretty badly too. I didn’t expect things to turn out this way.

“Nicole,” I called out to her softly.

She threw her arms around me and I could feel her hot tears drenching my shirt.

I closed my eyes and my own tears came pouring down.

I couldn’t imagine the pain Nicole must be going through right now. Her heart must be shattering into million pieces now.

Just then I saw them wheeling him out from the room. Though he was covered, I was sure he was Jae Jin.

Nicole heard it too and she stood up quickly. With shaky steps, she neared the stretcher and brought down the cover slowly.

Even from where I was standing, I could tell it was Jae Jin’s pale face lying there motionlessly.

 

Nicole’s POV

Even up to the last second, I had been hoping this was all just a bad nightmare I had to wake up from soon.

But when I saw him lying there with my own two eyes, I covered my mouth in disbelief.

I gripped on tightly to the edge; afraid that I would just collapse right there and then.

I brought up my trembling hands and placed them on both of his cold cheeks.

“Jae Jin,” my lips quivered calling out to him even though I knew he couldn’t hear me now. He was gone. He had left me without a word.

I leaned in close to him and placed my lips on his forehead; with my tears dripping down on his face.

Goodbye Jae Jin...

 

Note; Aww you guys. I'm sorry, I should've warn that my endings aren't going to be pretty :( & yes, this is the ending to Key/Nicole/Jaejin's story :/