How Will I Ever Find A Way To Forget You

Unspoken Words

Ki Bum’s POV

I threw in the last bit of my things into the suitcase. My mind is made up; I wasn’t going to stay here any longer. In order to stop this crazy feeling, I have to get far away from Nicole though my heart aches to do so.

Just as I was about to shut the lid close, I heard my phone rang. My eyes widened when I saw Jae Jin’s name flashing on the screen.

He has never called me before. Did something happen to Nicole?

“Is Nicole okay?” I demanded the moment I pressed the answer button.

“Huh? Yes, she is. Why did you ask?” Jae Jin asked me back confused.

I heaved a huge sigh of relief. But then...

“Why did you call me?” my tone had turned unfriendly again.

“Ki Bum, can I meet you for awhile?”

“What is the matter? I’m kind of busy now.”

“Please. I promise it won’t take up much of your time. It concerns Nicole.”

 

I sat there on the bench; dumbfounded by what Jae Jin has just told me a couple of minutes ago. I had remained behind alone after he left; I was still in shock by the news I had just received.

I buried my head in both of my hands.

What have I done?

 

Nicole’s POV

I glanced down anxiously at my watch. 5 more minutes to 6.

Jae Jin was late. And he has never been late before.

Just as I was about to ring him up, I saw a shadow approaching me from up ahead. I looked up and saw the person I’ve been waiting for.

“You’re late. I’m hungry,” I told him as I crossed my arms.

“Mianhe. I was caught up in something else,” he gave me an easy smile as he slung his arm across my shoulder. “Let’s get something to eat now. I’ll treat you ice cream later.”

“Just ice cream?” I pretended to frown.

“Anyo. Anything you want. Just tell me. I’ll get it for you.”

“Seriously?” I beamed. “What’s the occasion today?”

Jae Jin looked at me in a weird way before answering. His expression was almost sad; like today was going to be our last day together.

An uneasy feeling crept up to me.

“What’s wrong?”

He shook his head and gave me a warm smile instead.

“Nothing. Come on, hungry aren’t you?”

There was something, I could tell. But I just let him took my hand and pulled me away; without pressing further into the matter.

I wasn’t going to ruin the day for us.

 

Jae Jin’s POV

“Nicole-ah, the night is beautiful isn’t it?”

I ruffled her hair as she leaned her head against my chest. I took in the fresh smell of her strawberry shampoo and her favourite perfume; Nicole’s scent. I don’t know if I was going to get another chance to be with her like this.

“It really is,” she agreed. “And there are so many stars tonight. Do you think I can still make a wish even if there isn’t any shooting star?”

I chuckled at her candidness.

“What do you want to wish for?”

“It wouldn’t come true if I told you,” she pouted.

“Oh come on. Just tell me.”

“I wish that nothing will change between us and that you will stay by side forever.”

My breath was caught in my throat and the smile froze on my face.

“Jae Jin? Why are you quiet?”

I took in a deep breath and hugged her tighter as I rested my chin on top of her head.

“I hope your wish will come true.”

“I hope so too,” she said softly. “You won’t leave me will you?”

I took a moment before answering.

“I wouldn’t.”

If I had a choice...Forgive me Nicole...

 

 Ki Bum’s POV

The door flew open in front of me and I was greeted by Nicole’s smiling face.

But her smile faltered when she saw me standing there.

“Ki Bum...” she said slowly. “What are you doing here?”

“Nicole, I came here to apologise to you. I know I’ve acted really childishly and hurt your feelings the other day. I didn’t mean the things I said and I’ve missed you a lot. Do you forgive me?” I let out everything in one breath.

She couldn’t stifle her laughter any longer and broke into a huge smile.

“Silly boy. Of course I forgive you. Best friends again?” she held out her pinkie finger.

I did the same as her and grinned happily.

“Best friends forever. Nicole, you’re not meeting Jae Jin today?” I asked her tentatively, watching closely for her reaction.

“We just met yesterday. I’m not sure about today. He hasn’t called me. Why?” she looked at me curiously.

She doesn’t know. She still doesn’t know anything yet...

“I’m just asking. Shall we go out for movies? Just the two of us?”

“Sure! I’d love to! Just wait here while I go get my bag okay?”

I waited for her while she disappeared inside.

The conversation I had with Jae Jin just the day before kept replaying in my mind.

She will definitely be deeply hurt. But what could I do to prevent it from happening?

I feel so helpless now. 

 

Note; Hey guys. Since this story is coming to an end soon, I wanna ask. Do you guys wanna a sequel to it? Do tell me okay? Even if you don't want it :)