Keep Me From Accidentally Calling Out Her Name

Unspoken Words

His phone had been ringing for the past 30 minutes but he let it unanswered. He was tired of keeping up with this game; he didn’t want to entertain her any longer.

Just then a text came in a short while after it stopped ringing. He picked it up lazily as he pressed the button to read the text.

“It doesn’t end here. She’s still not safe yet...”

A sudden feeling of fear crept over him. It couldn’t be that serious right?

There was only one way to find out.

“What are you trying to do? Stop it! Stop your silly games!” he burst out the moment she answered his call.

He could hear her shrilly laughter from the other end of the receiver.

“Song Seung Hyun. You know I never stop until I get what I want,” she said calmly.

“What more do you want? I’ve told you, I’m not seeing her anymore. We’re over. Done! Okay? So just leave her alone!”

“Eh? You’ve broken up true. But you still love her don’t you?” she demanded.

He went silent for awhile. She was right. He still did love Ji Young.

That’s precisely why he had pushed her away; he didn’t want her to meet with any harm.

“Ji Yeon,” he started. Great, even their names sounded alike. “Listen, doing all of these won’t do you any good. Tell me, what do you get from threatening her?”

“You listen to me,” she shot back. “If I can’t get you, no one else can!”

She slammed down her phone before he had the chance to say anything else.

He let out a loud sigh as he rubbed his hands together.

What was he supposed to do now?

 

Tae Min’s POV

“Ji Young? Eat something. You haven’t gotten any food since morning.”

She shook her head slightly as she pushed away the plate and turned her back towards me.

It was disturbing to see her like this. She’s gotten moodier in the past few weeks, barely getting a few words out of .

She’s even lost her appetite, refusing to eat most of the times. If it hadn’t been for me forcing her, she would probably be starving now.

So it was true, your first love would hurt you badly.

I sighed dejectedly. I wished there was something I could do to bring up her spirits again.

“Ji Youngie,” I said as I placed both hands on her shoulder and started massaging her lightly. “You know you still have me.”

“Why did you think he changed so suddenly Tae Min?”

“I don’t know. Maybe he has other problems that he couldn’t share with you?”

“Do you think I was the problem?” she asked me sadly.

It was heartbreaking to see her torn apart like this. I was hurting just as much as she was. Why couldn’t she just forget about him and move on with life?

“No. You’re perfect, just the way you are. And I mean it. If he can’t see that, then he’s not worth it,” I told her honestly.

Without warning, she laid her head back down on my chest.

My heart was racing fast. This was the first time, we were being this close.

And I had to admit, I’m enjoying every second of it.

I brought up my hand to touch her hair gingerly. I pushed away a few strands of her hair which was covering her eyes.

“I wish I knew what happened. There must be a reason to it.”

“Ji Young-ah,” I said softly. “Forget it. Don’t keep thinking about it.”

“I’m cold,” she said suddenly.

Immediately I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer.

“Do you want a jacket or something?”

“Anyo. This is okay. Tae Min-ah, thank you.”

“For?”

“For everything. I wished I hadn’t met him. Then perhaps you and I could have a chance,” she said lightly.

My heart started beating faster. Was it possible, she could read my mind?

“You know, there’s always a chance...” I said slowly.

“No. Not now. I don’t know when. But I don’t know if I want to go through anything like this again,” she mumbled.

“What was it that you said?” I wasn’t clear of what I heard.

She said something else and the next second I heard a soft snore.

She could even sleep in this kind of position. She must be mentally and emotionally drained out.

I placed my left cheek on top of her head as I held her tightly against me. She felt so small and fragile in my embrace; it made me want to protect her even more.

“Ji Young, I’m sorry for not saying anything sooner. Perhaps then, you wouldn’t have to go through all of these...” I whispered to myself. 

 

Note; I decided to do a double update today for you guys since i don't know if I can update any time sooner. I'll try my best too. Thank you for taking your time to read this story of mine :D

And I've just started an application for one shots. You guys can apply if you want :)

Here you go ; Love Is