If You Forget It All, What should I Do From Now On?

Unspoken Words

“What are you doing here?” Seung Yeon asked the moment she opened up the front door to her house.

“Seung Yeon, please. I won’t take up much of your time. Just, give me a chance okay?”

Without waiting for an answer, he pushed past her and hurried inside. At the last moment, he grabbed hold of her hand and pulled her too.

“Sit here,” he told her as he crouched down in front of her television.

She looked at him curiously, too baffled by what’s happening to even say a word of protest.

“Hey, um. Jin Ki isn’t it? I’m sorry. But can you please tell me what’s going on here?”

“Just watch.”

The blank screen suddenly started showing a younger version of her on the bicycle. She glanced at him confused.

“Isn’t that me? Where did you get this video?”

“You’ll understand later, after you’ve watched everything,” he answered simply.

Seung Yeon watched herself riding on the bicycle for the first time. Though she was still sceptical about the whole thing, she found herself smiling amusingly as she paid attention towards the video.

“This was your first time riding the bicycle. I taught you how to,” he spoke up suddenly from beside her, a bit too proudly.

She didn’t answer him but focused on the screen instead. The next minute, she saw herself falling off from the bicycle.

She felt a sudden pain in her head, like something was jolting at her memory.

“Ouch!” she winced in pain as she held her head in both of her hands.

“Are you okay?” Jin Ki asked concerned and pressed the pause button before turning to take a look at her.

“I...When I fell down there...I felt the pain as if it was happening now. I don’t know how to describe the feeling, but I felt something...”

“This place,” she continued as she pointed towards the image on the television. “I remember it now. It used to be one of my favourite places.”

“Yes,” he said softly. “You loved to go there whenever we had any free time. We could spend hours there, talking a walk or just sitting down on a bench and talking to each other.”

“We? You...and I?”

Jin Ki nodded vigorously, like he was desperate for her to remember it.

She shook her head slowly.

“It’s okay. Let’s watch another video.”

Before she could put up a protest, he had already inserted the CD into the player.

Seung Yeon saw herself on the television again, but this time she was sitting down and playing the piano intensely.

As the soothing melody started to fill her ears, she felt the stabbing pain in her head again.

“Please! Please just stop this now!”

“You remember it now don’t you? This piece, it was your own composition. You made it specially for me, for my birthday,” he ignored her request as he bent down in front of her.

“No! No I don’t remember anything like that. Please, don’t force me anymore. I don’t know who you are so please, just leave me alone!” she cried out.

“Come here,” he said as he pulled at her arm and brought her towards the white piano which was situated at the corner of the living room.

“I know you can play that particular piece again, if you try hard enough to remember.”

She shook her head in protest.

“I don’t. I know it, but I don’t know how to play it. I don’t know how I know it okay? I just do! But please don’t force me to do this,” Seung Yeon was close to tears now. Why wasn’t he getting it? Why was he still forcing her?

He took both of her hands in his and placed it on the keyboard.

“It’s okay. Do it slowly. Close your eyes and think about it carefully. Try to picture yourself like in that video just now, about 3 years ago. You’ll remember it.”

Seung Yeon did as she was told; she just wanted to get him out of there.

She shut her eyes closed and tried to imagine herself back in 3 years ago but nothing seemed to come to her. Blank. She couldn’t see anything.

She opened her eyes and found Jin Ki peering down at her. His face fell as he read the expression on her face.

Though she hated to admit it, she felt as if she had let him down. This man, this stranger, was doing everything he could to make her regain back her memory. He must’ve meant a lot to her back then; he wouldn’t be doing this now if that wasn’t the case.

“Maybe you’ve got the wrong person?” she tried.

“How could it be? Didn’t you see the video just now? Didn’t you see yourself? Tell me how I could possibly have gotten the wrong person!” he finally blew up.

Seung Yeon was taken aback by his sudden outburst. She started to back away from him slowly.

Jin Ki realised what he had done and he let out an exasperated sigh.

“Seung Yeon, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. It’s just that, this whole thing is so frustrating. I know I shouldn’t have left you back then; I should’ve taken good care of you just like how I promised. You don’t know how much I regret it and what I would give to have time turned back.”

She was about to open and say something when she heard Min Hwan coming from the front door.

“What’s going on here?”

She rushed to his side in a second; afraid of what Jin Ki might do now.

 

Jin Ki’s POV

Great.

She doesn’t remember me, she hates me and now she’s afraid of me.

I watched her as she hurried to his side the moment she heard him coming.

I watched her as she held on tightly to his arm, seeking protection from him instead of me.

What have I done?

I’ve just pushed her further away from me.

“I don’t think I’ve made a mistake by coming here. Perhaps you just need more time, I understand that,” I spoke up.

“I don’t think you should come here anymore. Just stay away from Seung Yeon,” he was the one who answered instead.

“And you are?”

“Min Hwan.”

“Min Hwan, you don’t know what’s going on. You have absolute no idea what’s the relationship between me and Seung Yeon. So just stay out of this.”

“Yes. I don’t know how close you guys were last time but what I do know now is that Seung Yeon has no recollection of you and it seems like she’s very afraid of you. So it’s best you stay away from her,” he said evenly.

I stared hard at him and he held my gaze. He stood protectively in front of her who was peeking at me nervously from behind.

What would it take for me to get through this, to her? How much longer does this have to go on?

“I’ll be back.”

I made my way out from the house not bothering to glance behind or take the CDs along with me.

Hopefully, she’ll watch it again later and perhaps then, something would come back to her.

Because I don’t know what I’d do, if she was to really forget about me completely.

She’s my life, so that means; my life would be over.

 

Note; Do check out my other story which I'm working on right now okay :)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/14895/cling-2pm-korean-mblaq-romance