005

Back in Busan

'Kim Rose what did you ing do to end up in a police station?!' Mum shouted as she stomped down the corridor. People around looked at her as she was shouting really loudly.

I mentally prepared myself for a death trial. She gets angry even if I get lower than an A+ I exams, I can imagine what she would do now.

This ungrateful child! I let her live with me for free and now she dares ruin my reputation! I wish she's more like Minzy!

Of course she's thinking of her reputation. She doesn't love me like a mother, but she owns and controls me like I was her puppet.

If only she knew what Minzy has become of, she wouldn't be thinking this way... 

If I don't tell her, she might have to find out the hard way, just like me.

Before I could reply, she slapped me in the face. This time, people started whispering and chattering away.

That woman is crazy!

How noisy...

She deserves it, teenagers these days...

Shut up! You don't even know anything!

When she was about to hit me again, I closed my eyes and flinched. She's always been like this... There's nothing I can do to stop her.

If I fight back, she'll just kick me out like last time, I had to beg and apologise for a week until I was let back in the house. For that whole week, I had to stay at Lisa and Taehyung's houses as I had nowhere to go.

I was prepared for another slap, but nothing ever hit me, so I opened my eyes. It's when I witnessed the most unbelievable thing.

'Miss, you shouldn't hit her, she's done nothing wrong.' Jimin said as she was grabbing my mum's wrist.

I was so shocked my eyes went really wide. Oh no he didn't... oh god you shouldn't have intervined...

Mum immediately pulled her wrist away from his grip.

'Who do you think you are? Mind your own business!' She said and turned to me again.

'You ungrateful child! Is this why your grades have been dropping? Because you've been ing about with this rude and useless ?'

I had had enough of her. She can insult me, but calling an innocent person a and useless? No. Even if I hate him, this is wrong.

'Mum you have to apologise to him. Just because he said something to stand up for me doesn't mean he's rude, you're the rude one here.' I said as I looked at her with serious eyes.

She immediately showed her frustration in her face. 

'Me? Apologise? You must be kidding me. He interrupted our business first, he should be the one to apologise.' She then turned to Jimin and pushed his shoulder, 'Apologise to me.'

'Mum stop it.'

'Apologise I said!' She said again and pushed him again.

'Stop it.' 

'I said apologise you little brat-'

'This is why dad left you!' I screamed as I couldn't hold in my annoyance anymore.

'Don't you see you're making a scene here? Can't you ing see you're wrong? This is why dad left you, because you're so arrogant and stubborn!' I said and stomped out of the police station.

As I reached the entrance , I started running.

what have I done I'm gonna get murdered...

I continued running, until I reached a bench near the park and sat down to rest.

I know she's annoying and stubborn, but she's my mum after all. Why can't she be more nice and less aggressive?

Because of her people about me as well at school because she treats her ballet students badly. 

Because of her my childhood was ruined because my parents serparated and got a divorce.

It was all dark now and who knows what time it was. I had dropped my phone on the way here somehow so I was literally stranded. I can go to Lisa's but I didn't want to wake her up at this time of the night.

I just sat there and sighed. Well today went so well.

The good thing was that there weren't any people around so it was nice and quiet.

Until I heard footsteps and the figure came closer.

'You dropped this.' Jimin said as he handed me my phone while walking over.

'Thanks...' I said and looked away.

He was also holding a plastic bag, and in it, he took out a strawberry milk bottle and gave it to me.

'No thanks, I'm allergic to strawberries.' I said and smiled a little. 

'Oh sorry. Have this then.' He said and just gave me water.

'Thanks.' I said and took it.

He came and sat next to me, which I cursed in my head for as that meant I had to make conversation.

'I'm sorry for my mum, she's a bit..'

'Crazy?'

'Yea...'

'It's fine... Is she always like this?' He asked.

'Yea... I don't normally talk to her apart from ballet so...'

'How come?' 

'I don't really go home that often..'

'Oh...'

Somehow even though I could read his mind, I felt like I could trust him, there's just this weird feeling about him.

'You shouldn't let your mum do this to you. If she does this again, you should tell someone, and I'm always here if you don't wanna talk about to your friends.'

'Thanks... I'm sorry for everything really. Yiu must be tired.'

'Nah it's fine, I don't really go home that often anyway. Well I gotta go now or my mum would get worried.' He said and smiled for the first time.

'Wait do you have a way to get home from here?' He asked me.

'No not really, I was just gonna get the bus or something.'

'I can give you a lift.'

Before I knew it I was on he back of his motorcycle, hugging him form the back.

Kim Rose you're such an idiot.