001

Back in Busan

'A hottie transferred over while you were ill. Oh my god he's the hottest guy I've seen in a while' Lisa said innocently as she held my arm, walking to school.

I have the ability to hear people's thoughts, sometimes, not with my choice. I saw people's true natures, secrets, things I wished I didn't know. I knew everything about everyone, except for one. I knew people's securities, problems, and struggles. If you were me, you would view everyone differently.

'You always say that when a new guy comes.' I said to my friend.

I know it when people are lying, and I disliked it. That's why I like being Lisa's friend, she can be a bit y and too honest sometimes, but she just speaks her mind, it was something I really appreciated.

It was hard being a new kid, knowing everyone's impressions when they first meet you. She's pretty so she must be a , she's annoying, she's so cocky. I've heard everything, some even worse than that.

I was off for a few days because not because I was really ill, I just had a cold. But every time I was a bit ill or was tired, my ability goes out of hand and all of people's thoughts attack my head at the same time, which always gave me headaches. That's why I always avoid going to crowded places.

'Yea but I'm serious this time, he's a real banger. Too bad, he's already taken...'

'By who?'

'Mina... She's just so annoying!'

I'm still jealous though...

I laughed quietly to myself as I heard her thought.

Oh Lisa...

'What you laughing at?' Lisa asked as she seemed confused.

'Nothing...'

'Hey...' Someone suddenly whispered into my ear.

'Yah! You scared the hell out of me!' I said and hit Taehyung lightly.

'Haha I know. By the way you can never guess who just transferred here.' Taehyung said and smirked.

'Who?'

'Rose there he is!' Lisa pulled me away from Taehyung before he could speak.

I immediately frowned as we approached a group of screaming girls. All of their voices on top of their loud thoughts are crashed into my brain at the same time, which I started to get annoyed at.

'Look that's him!' Lisa said and pointed into the middle of the group. Of course I couldn't see anything because there were too many girls surrounding him.

To be honest I didn't care at all and I wasn't gonna just stay here and wait for my headache to come so I just forced my way through the group of girls to find my way into the school.

Suddenly with a hard push somebody crashed into me and I fell onto the ground. I cursed softly to myself and tried to get up but someone pushed me down again as they tried to see the guy or something.

'Are you okay?' A familiar voice said form behind me.

 I turned around to see... the boy who I lost my first kiss to...

Park Jimin...

As we faced each other, both our faces looked shocked. It was like we had just seen a ghost. Oh my god this is so awkward...

I ignored his hand which wanted to help me up and just got up quickly to leave.

'Wait Rose-'

I ignored and just pushed forcefully though the group of people. This is too embarrassing...

My walk was fast so in no time I ended up in front of my locker.

'Rose!' Lisa said form a far as she ran to me, 'You okay?'

'Yea...'

'What was that about?' She asked and frowned.

'What?'

'That just now! It seems like you guys-'

'Know each other, yes they do.' Taehyung appeared from behind and smirked at me.

So that's why he was smirking.

Taehyung and I knew each other back in Busan. We both moved here and are really good friends.

'Actually they know each other very well, since they lost their first ki-'

I immediately covered his mouth but it was too late. Lisa had already figured out what he was gonna say.

'You lost your first kiss to him?! Explain, now.'

That's my best friend!

I sighed and I knew I had no choice.

We were both in middle school back then. At first I loved my ability. Everyone was so innocent back then my ability was actually fun. I knew what people  liked and was thinking about in classes. Unicorn, reindeers, whatever.

I thought I was so superior to everyone until he came.

Not a thing I could read.

Nothing.

At all.

Being the little me, I was curious. Why could I not read his mind? I was so desperate to know why.

It was also the time when I found out touch could improve my ability. The more intense the touch, the more I could know.

That's why, I kissed him...

Thinking about it now makes me so embarrassed.

Of course, being the guy he was, he ran away from me, thinking I was really weird. I always talked to him first, , said hi to him, and now I even kissed him. I was quite different back then, I was more cheerful, unlike now.

But then things got even more awkward as he started going out with her...

'It was nothing, just a little crush, so I kissed him blah blah blah...'

'Awww that's so cute...' Lisa said and covered .

Now I'm eve more jealous...

Not gonna lie, he is quite good looking. But the fact that I could not read his mind, makes me feel uneasy about him.

You never know what people hide behind your back.

I know this, because I know form experience.

Because the person I thought I could trust the most.

Betrayed me.