003

Back in Busan

After walking to the dance room with Mark, he showed me his dance.

I need to impress her, it's now or never.

I laughed to myself and watched his dance. He was wearing a tank top and jeans as he showed me. Gosh he has such a nice body.

I clapped as he finished and he smiled brightly.

She liked it!

If only everyone's thoughts are just as innocent and simple as Mark's, life would be so much better.

As I entered into my teenage life, I started to be able to read people's more depressing thoughts. It was the first time I saw the darker side of the world. 

'I think you should do this for that part.' I said and demostrated by dancing it myself. Mark seemed really impressed when I started dancing. I don't normally dance in front of people other than practising and competitions.

As I did a turn, I finished as I faced Mark. I didn't realise how close our faces were until I looked at him properly.

I was breathing heavily and Mark had swear all over his head after his dance.

At that moment I just couldn't read his mind. My mind just went blank.

He leaned in closer and held me by my waist.

And our lips finally touched a tiny bit, someone cleared his throat. We both immediately moved away from each other.

We both looked who it was and of course Jimin had to ruin everything.

'Sorry I wanted to ask if I could use the dance room.'

'Yea we were just finished.' Mark said and grabbed his bag. I cleared my throats as well and walked towards the door. Jimin looked at me as I did and it was so awkward.

It was the end of break and I just said bye to Mark and went to class.

I had ballet class after class ended. This is a performing arts school so everyone goes to at least one arts class, either dancing or singing.

The best thing about this? My mum is th ballet teacher here.

That's how everyone knows my mum is a controlling , cuz she is.

To other people, she's strict and professional, to me, she's even stricter. I'm never good enough to her, even though I'm the best in the class. She never says it, but I know from reading her mind.

Class went as usual, Mina tried to beat me in everything. When we warmed up she tried to be more flexible than me, when we danced she tried her ultimate best.

I'm better than her... No one's better than me...

'Mina straighten your legs! What's up with you?' Mum shouted to her.

I sighed as I saw her disappointed face, this girl needs to get a life, instead of just trying to beat me.

After ballet, Mina still a bit sad, until Jimin walked in a smile immediately appeared on his face.

At least Jimin's mine.

That thought in her head made me laugh.

What'a so good about him?

I packed my stuff and headed out after putting my headphones on. 

It's finally that time of the day when I just wonder around the city because I don't wanna go home. 

It's hard knowing your mum doesn't even love you and your stepdad does shady business on the black market. Yes. I mean it. From the first time I met him, I knew there was something wrong with him. 

If he finds out my ability, who knows what he would do...

I walked to the cafe I always go to and was greeted by Suga.

'Hey Rose.'

'Hey.'

'The usual?'

'Yes please.'

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't  be here right now. He risked his life to save me, and I don't know how to thank him for it.

Since we left Busan together, he was like an older brother to me. I don't know what I would do without him. He's the only person right now who knows of my ability, due to the incident 3 years ago.

I used to live with my grandma back down, mum doesn't know what happened to me three years ago, and why I left. I told her I just wanted to try the city life.

I always sat in the same corner cuz it was the quietest place I could find anywhere. 

'Here you go.' Suga gave me my coffee. I could still see the tattoo on his neck from when he was in Busan. The tattoo which was on her neck as well.

'Guess who's just transferred to my school.' I said to the cold looking guy.

'I heard.'

'Do you think he's here because of...'

'I don't think so, he knows nothing about the Venoms. But I can check it out if you want.' He said.

'Its fine... He's probably here by coincidence.'

Suga's joined another group here, his good friend is the leader, he's good with getting information around this area.

I sighed and drank my coffee. What if he's actually here because of her? We're in serious trouble if it is true. Darn it why can't I just be able to read his mind?!

It got dark after a bit and mum's gonna be out late teaching classes so I just decided to go home. Usually I would be hanging out with Suga for a bit more but I wasn't in the mood, everything that happened today just put me in a bad mood.

Now the area was filled with darkness, and people started to disappear to their homes.

I had my headphones on so people's thought wouldn't annoy me.

As I haven't gotten dinner yet, I went to the convience store and got ramyun. As I went to pay, I took my headphones off. Immediately I heard the shop assistant's thoughts.

She's so pretty, I wonder how old she is.

I just ignored his thought and paid him. As I was about to put my headphones back on, I suddenly heard something that gave me chills.

Please help me...

I looked around and saw a man who seemed normal and a woman, probably his wife, looking a bit uneasy. I thought I just overheard it, but the thought came again.

Someone please... I can't stand this anymore... He's kept me in his house for 5 years, yet no one could find me, can't anyone nor it ever these bruises on my face? 

I looked around again to see the woman. There was marks and cuts on her face, but they're not obvious. I quickly looked away as the man gave me a glare.

A part of me wanted to help, but another part wanted to just ignore this.

In this selfish world, people who stand out will always get crushed.

The two left the store after getting something.

Oh darn it.

Without realising, I started following them from a far.

If I don't help her, who knows what would happen to her. 

I can't just let him go. I was once like her, scared and frightened.

As they walked into a darker part of town, I quickened my steps to catch up on them.

They didn't notice me. They just kept walking until the woman suddenly started running away. 

'You ! Come back!' He screamed and grabbed her after running after her.

He immediately pinned her to the ground and punched her. Immediately I ran up to him and grabbed him by the collar.

Suga had taught me how to protect myself.

'Who are you-'

I punched him in the force with all my force. 

'!' I said as my knuckles hurt like hell after punching him.

'Help!' The woman screamed and attracted attention, people started to help the bruised woman.

'You little brat!' He shouted as he held his face.

I started moving back as he got up. His eyes looked like he was gonna kill me.

I'm gonna kill you you ing !

I didn't even think twice before I started to run. 

'Come back you motherer!' He screamed and ran after me.

what have I done. I shouldn't have helped her.

I ran as fast as I could. Thank god he was quite a big man and couldn't run as fast. For once I thanked my mum for giving me athletic genes.

I turned into an alleyway as it was dark so I thought it would be easy to hide. 

The small alleyway then lead me into more alleyways. I thought I could actually escape until I bumped into something, or someone.