Guardian

Angel

Hyuk was at ease, savoring happiness in his own heaven when the N-look alike angel appeared by his side. 

"Han Sanghyuk. "the angel calls out in an obviously displeased tone, causing Hyuk to frown as he wonder if he's done anything wrong. 

"Y-yes? "He asks. 

"I've been ordered to send you back to the land of the living. "the angel tells him, his tone softening a bit at the worry in Hyuk's voice. 

Hyuk blinks, confused. "Land of the living? "He echoes . 

"Yes. "the angel says. "You're going to be brought back to life. "

"What? "Hyuk wonders. "Why? How? "He demands, not knowing what to feel. Should he be happy that he's to going to be alive once more? Because it means that he's going to be able to meet his hyungs? Or should he be upset that he needs to leave heaven; a place with no worry or sadness? 

"The rebellious angel used his one wish; the one wish heaven granted him at the moment of his rebirth, to bring you back to life. And since this wish of his is an 'expensive' one, rather than just taking one of his senses; which should be either his sight or his voice, we have to take his life instead. "

"Rebellious angel who? "Hyuk asks. "Who would even sacrifice to such extent for me? "

"The rebellious angel is your guardian. "

"Guardian? My parents? "Hyuk prompts. 

"No. "The angel denies. 

"Then who? "Hyuk demands. 

"Your guardian is the one who loves you the most. "The angel says, but his answer revealed nothing as to who the rebellious angel is. 

"Who?! "Hyuk raises his voice, desperate. 

The angel looks exasperated. "Who do you see me as right now? "He suddenly asks. "Do you see me as someone you're familiar with? "

Hyuk creased his brows, bewildered by the question. "What do you mean? Why do you ask that? "

"We,angels,are creatures made up of light. Which means that we don't have any vessel to materialize ourselves. So, when we come to take souls to the place where they belong, the souls will see us as the person who loves them most. "The angel explains . "So who do you see me as? "

Hyuk took a moment to procces what the angel is saying but he can eventually blurt out an answer. "Hakyeon-hyung . "he says. "I see you as Hakyeon-hyung. Does that means that Hakyeon-hyung is the one who loves me the most? " 

"Exactly. "The angel confirms . 

Hyuk let his mouth hang open in disbelief. He has never expected the person who loves him the most to be the leader. As he ponders about it, he suddenly remembered his real question. "But what does it has to do with my question? I asked who is the rebellious angel that made such sacrifice for me? "

"The face you're seeing on me right now is the face of the rebellious angel, your guardian . "

Hyuk stares at the angel. "You mean Hakyeon-hyung? "

"Yes. "

Hyuk laughs. "You must be kidding me! "He claims."Hakyeon-hyung may be nice but he can't be an angel. That's just absurd! "

The angel suddenly looks offended ."But he is. Cha Hakyeon is a rebellious angel, a guardian angel who cares too much about the humans under his guard that he's not satisfied with just watching over them from heaven. He wanted to be by the humans' side and insisted to be reborn as a human, so that he can be close to his humans, his children. "

"You're not lying aren't you? "Hyuk asks, sensing the seriousness in the angel's words. "Hakyeon-hyung really is an angel? A rebellious, guardian angel? Who loves me the most and who sacrificed his own life to bring me back to life? "

"Yes. "

Hyuk swallows heavily. "If that's true... doesn't that mean that once I am brought back to life, Hakyeon-hyung will die instead? "He chokes out the question. 

"True. "

"If... when... he dies, you'll come and take him here, right? To heaven? "

"No. "

"Why not? "

"Because he's an angel. Angels who died have no place in heaven as heaven is the residence of angels; living angels. "

 "Then what will happen to him? "

"He will perish. He will cease to exist. "