Loss

Angel

It has been a very busy and stressful year for all the 6 members of VIXX. They have barely completed the Conception project, released the new song especially for Starlights; Milky Way and are currently working on their performances for the end-of-year awards show. 

Everyone are exhausted and eventhough no one says it out loud, the way they act around each other is enough to show that. They barely even talk to each other anymore as they have no energy left after working hard throughout the day. And that day especially, everyone is drained, making them easily irritable and snappy. 

"One more time. "N says in between catching his breath, trying to stand up properly before signalling Ravi who's closest to the computer to replay the music. 

"Hakyeon --"Leo says dejectedly, obviously trying to tell him that he's had enough. 

The rest of the members, except Ravi who just obediently replay the music, all let out a loud sigh and starts whining in disagreement. 

"Just once more, okay? "N coax patiently. "The performance is tomorrow's night so we have to get it perfect by then. "He explains. 

"This is the last time? Promise me, hyung."Ken asks, grudgingly getting into his position and N merely nods and smile as the rest of the members followed Ken's action. Well, except Hyuk. The maknae huffs angrily before storming out of the practice room, grumbling something about untolerating leader. 

"Hyuk! "N tries to calls out after him but the maknae didn't even heard him as he's already far gone. 

"I'll go after him. "Leo offers, worried that Hyuk might get caught into trouble in his distressed state but N shakes his head. 

"Its okay. "The leader assures. "Let him cool off. He's doing fine with the choreo anyway. "He concludes, clapping his hand to signal s to start dancing again. 

 

 

It is already late at night and each member of VIXX has already settled down in the dorm, except Hyuk whom they haven't seen since he threw the tantrum that afternoon. N had tried contacting him but it turns out that the maknae has left his phone at the practice room, along with his spare clothes. 

"You guys go and sleep. I'll wait for him. "N says, eyeing s who are scattered all over the living room but no one listened to him as they're all obviously concerned about their beloved maknae. 

Just then, N received a call from their manager who was looking for Hyuk as well and the news that he received makes his whole world go dark. 

 

 

The funeral of VIXX's maknae, Hyuk, was attended by thousands of people; their family, their close friends, their idols friends, their company representatives and their fans, of course . But the presence of all those people doesn't ease the sudden emptiness in the remaining VIXX's members heart. To lose someone they treasured all of a sudden and without any warning causes them to be unable to grasp the reality. It all seems like a dream to them,a nightmare to be exact but when the truth finally dawn on them, they break down, harder than everybody else. 

 

 

The 5 VIXX's members are all seated in the living room of their dorm, not wanting to lose sight of anyone else in fear of another loss. Leo, Ken,Ravi and Hongbin are all huddled together on one of the couch, savoring each other's presence as they try to reassure themselves that it will all be okay eventhough they're not sure of that either. That left N, sitting alone on another couch, body hunched and hand clasped together in front of him. 

"If only you let me go after him... this won't happen. "Leo suddenly whispers, breaking the silence. He didn't know why he said it but he did. 

N let his body hunch even lower. "I know. "He admits. "I'm sorry. "

"Its your fault. "Hongbin suddenly blames the leader as well, eventhough deep down, he knows there's no one to blame. He just need to let his despair out. 

"I know. "once again, thats all N could say. 

"I want Hyuk back. "Ravi mumbles. He would never admit it before but now, he realise he loved their maknae just as much as he loves his own sister. And to lose Hyuk, he didn't just lose a room mate, he lost a part of himself. 

"Me too. "N says quietly, his voice finally breaking. "But he's... our Hyukie is...in a nice place right now. And he...he's happy. "

And just like that, N received a harsh slap to his face from someone that has never even so much as waved him away. 

"Jaehwanie... I'm sorry. "N murmurs, ignoring the stinging pain over his cheek as he looks up towards that once cute dongsaeng of his. 

Ken is fuming, but there are tears streaming down his cheeks. "Don't act like you know everything! "He snaps. "Youre the one who caused this!  If only you didn't force us--"

"I know. I'm at fault, I know. "

"Then fix all this! "Ken demands. "Bring Hyuk back to us! "

N let his head drop once more. "Hyukie... he's happy right now. Why would you want to... take his happines away? Why would you want to... bring him back to this unfair world? "

"You don't know all that! "Ken growls, irritated by N's know-everything act. 

"But I know."N denies. "I really do. "

"I don't care! "Ken says. "I WANT HYUK! I WANT OUR MAKNAE BACK! "

N finally gives up. "Alright. "

 

 

A/N This will be a two shot. Thank you.