Bonus Chapter :Birthday

Angel

*this was suggested by Weareone_exo99 so thank you :)

 

 

It has been a long day for the VIXX members so now they're just lounging around the dorm, Ken and Leo in their own rooms while Ravi and Hongbin are sprawled on the living room floor. Hyuk however, is no where to be found. He has asked to be dropped at the mall on their way home after their schedules and is yet to be home.

"What do you think Hyuk is doing? "Hongbin asks out loud but before Ravi could give an answer, the door of their dorm gets pushed open and there comes Hyuk with a silly grin on his face and a cake box in his hand.

"Why? Do you already miss me? "Hyuk asks cheekily as he makes his way inside and both the same aged members roll their eyes at their maknae's sarcasm.

"In your dreams. "Ravi says, sitting up properly and noticing the thing in Hyuk's hand. "You bought a cake? For what? "He wonders since as much as he can remember, that day isn't anyone's birthday and Hyuk's own birthday is in 5 days.

"Do you want to celebrate your birthday early? "Hongbin asks but Hyuk shakes his head.

"It's the birthday of someone who's very important to me but since he's not here, I want to celebrate it with you guys instead. "he explains, putting the cake box on the dining table before promptly setting the table for the 5 of them. "I ordered chicken and pizza too. They should arrive soon so can you get Taekwoon-hyung and Jaehwan-hyung for me? "

 

 

It doesn't take long for the food that Hyuk ordered to arrive and for the 5 of them to gather at the table, everyone hungry and the smell of pizza too tempting for them to say no to. 

"Are you going to tell us whose birthday it is that we're celebrating? "Leo asks as he reaches for a piece of cake. 

"My angel's birthday, Cha Hakyeon's birthday. "Hyuk says simply, grinning when Leo's movement come to a sudden halt. 

"Isn't Cha Hakyeon the name of that little boy who always come to our fan sign? Even until now I've never seen his parents. I wonder who he came with. "Leo says and Ken nods in agreement. 

"I like that boy. I mean, he's kinda weird since he always ask to kiss our forehead but there's just something soothing about him, don't you  think so? "He comments with mouth full of food and Hongbin gives him a glare for that. 

"Last time we met him he told me to take some rest and while I hear that all the time, it's weird to hear that from a kid. "Ravi mutters, chuckling and this time Hongbin nods. 

"Yeah, he even told me not to worry too much. I think he's kinda too mature for his age but I guess his parents raised him well. "He agrees. 

Hearing all that, Hyuk just smiles but says nothing. It warms his heart knowing that his angel, their angel, still cares a lot for them even though he isn't obligated to since they're no longer his charges. 

"So is it that Cha Hakyeon's birthday that we're celebrating right now? "Leo demands as their maknae suddenly goes very quiet and Hyuk laughs, shrugging. 

"Maybe. "

 

 

It is late at night and most of them are already sleeping when Leo caught sight of Hyuk standing at the balcony of their dorm, staring at the night sky. He was about to call him and tell him to come inside and go to sleep since it's cold and late but he stops himself when he realises that Hyuk is talking quietly to himself. 

"Happy birthday, Hakyeon-hyung. We celebrate your birthday today and we ate a lot like you told us to. "

"I miss you, you know that right? When are you going to come and see us again? "

"You are always watching us, right? "

"You know, I wish the hyungs remember you too. It hurts to be the only one who remember you the way you used to be. "

Leo who was watching silently can no longer hide his curiosity so he steps out in the balcony as well. "This Hakyeon you talked about, he must means a lot to you. "He comments, startling Hyuk to froze but then relax when he realises it's him. 

"Yes, he means so much to me. "Hyuk says, smiling sadly. "If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here with you today. I wouldn't even be alive anymore. "He mumbles. 

Leo sighs as he sees the tears glistening his maknae's eyes but then he looks up at the sky and stares at the one star that shine brighter than the others. 

"Cha Hakyeon, I may not know you the way Hyuk does but I know you mean a lot to him. "He says loudly, hoping that it would reach that Cha Hakyeon wherever that person is. "So I want to say thank you, for being there for him.