Believe

Angel

"H-hell? "Hyuk echoes. 

"Yes. "the angel says. 

"Why would you do that? "

"Because demons belong in hell, humans on earth and angels in heaven. That's just how it is, Han Sanghyuk. "The angel explains patiently. 

Hyuk swallows heavily as he once more turn his gaze toward the demon, who's still keeping an expressionless face. He still couldn't believe that this creature is his hyung but if he really is, then it will be too cruel of him to let the angel send him to hell. "Is he really my hyung? Like for real? "He questions again, somewhat wanting to hear a negative as answer but it turns out the opposite when the angel just confirms his words. 

"Yes, he is. "

"Can you prove it? "Hyuk demands, still hoping that the terrifying figure of the demon isn't his hyung. 

"I can't, unfortunately. But like I said, angels don't lie. "

Hyuk sighs at the answer. "Are you my hyung? "He repeats his question, but this time, directing it towards the demon himself. 

"I am Cha Hakyeon. "The demon says in the honey-like voice that is unmistakably N's and as hard as it is for Hyuk to believe it, he had to. He had to believe that this demon, this black-winged demon, is his hyung; his leader. 

"Are you willing to accept him? "The angel asks when Hyuk goes quiet for a long time. 

"What happens if I don't and what happens if I do? "Hyuk asks, still pondering about the whole ordeal which are all just too sudden and somewhat ridiculous. 

"If you don't, then I have to send him to hell. "The angel says, repeating the same words that he has said for quite a few times now. "And if you do, then you should be able to purify his soul before darkness consumes it completely. "

"Purify what? "Hyuk asks, not quite catching the angel's words. 

"His soul. "

"How? Why? "

"He's now a demon because his soul is tainted by darkness. After some time, darkness will consume his soul completely and when that happens, I have no choice but to send him to hell. But if you manages to cleanse his soul before that happens, then he'll become human again. "

Everything the angel said is too much for Hyuk to take in but he forces himself to accept and believe it no matter how ridiculous it sounds . "How? How do I do it? "He asks a bit too desperately. 

"You must bring back and preserve his humanity."

"And once I do that, he'll become human again, right? "

"Yes. "

"After he becomes human, then he can stay with us again, right? Because you said humans belong on earth. "

"I apologize but that is not how it's going to be in your case. Once he becomes human again, I have to take his soul as it is part of the deal when we brought you back to life."

Hyuk stares at the angel in disbelief. "You'll take him away again. "He mumbles. "Once he's human he'll be gone again. "

"I'm sorry, Han Sanghyuk. But yes, you're right. "