Understand

Angel

 "You'll be fine. I'll be watching over you in stance of Cha Hakyeon so rest assured. Just live your lives and I'll come for you when the time comes. "   

"Wait! "Leo grabs the angel's arm, stopping him from backing away any further and eventhough the angel immediately snatch back his arm, Leo stood his ground. 

"Yes, Jung Taekwoon? " The angel asks with obvious displeasure on his face. 

"I don't understand." Leo says, looking back and forth between the angel and N who's hiding behind him. "I don't understand what's happening. "He admits. 

The angel seems frustrated yet he still does his best to provide an answer.  "Cha Hakyeon was your guardian angel. But he rebelled because he wanted to live on earth, along with his children, which is the 5 of you. Thus, he was reborn as human. However when Han Sanghyuk died, he decided to exchange his life for his and that's why Han Sanghyuk is alive right now. Heaven was supposed to perish Cha Hakyeon as a payment for that exchange but the underworld got to him first and he became a demon. " The angel stopped explaining and his voice turns softer and lower.  "As a demon, I was supposed to send him to hell. But I... personally, chose not to. I can't. Not when Cha Hakyeon did nothing wrong. That's why I asked for Han Sanghyuk's help to make him human again and now that he's finally human again, he'll be free. He won't be in hell, not in heaven either. But at least it wouldn't hurt him. He won't suffer... he won't even exist anymore but that's fine because he'll finally be at peace. "

Leo shakes his head. "If he's human again then why can't he live on earth with us? Why must you take him?! "He questions desperately, refusing to accept the things the angel just told him. 

"Because Han Sanghyuk is alive. Since Cha Hakyeon exchanged his life for Han Sanghyuk's, only one of them can live as human . "

"I still don't unders--"

"You don't have to understand anything, Taekwoon. "N interrupts, he's no longer crying and there's some sort of determination in his voice that scares Leo. "Hyuk is alive and he's with you now and that's all what matters. "He says. "I wasn't supposed to live anyway so it's okay. "He assures. "Besides, after this, you'll forget about me so don't sweat it. Everything's going to be fine. "

"We would never forget about you! "Leo denies but N shakes his head. 

"That's not your choice. That's just how it's going to be. "He says. "You'll forget about me just like how the rest of the world did. "

"But--"

"You've managed to convince yourself that I never existed before, right? "N asks. "This won't be any different. In fact, it would be easier. "He says, eyeing each of them with some undefined emotion on his face. "Just... I have one last wish and... please fulfill it. "He pleads.

Reluctantly,Leo gives in. "What is it? "He asks quietly and N actually smiles. 

"Close your eyes? "

Leo, Ken, Ravi and Hongbin obey but not Hyuk. 

"No! "Hyuk refuses. "If I close my eyes, you'll disappear, right?! "He accuse and N steps closer to him before placing his hand over the maknae's eyes, blocking his view. 

"It's okay. "N assures before taking a deep breath and whispers. 

"Live well, my children. "

There's a soft kiss on each of their foreheads then there's nothing except silence and emptiness. 

 

 

 

A/N Thank you so much for your feedback. Since there's quite a number of you following this story, I  decided that I won't take it down. 

Sorry if I worry you but rest assured, this story will continue to be available for you to read. 

But I hope you can continue to show your interest by leaving a comment. It really makes me happy :)

Also, I'm so sorry for not being able to reply to your comments but I promise that I read each of them and I really appreciate them as they makes me happy and motivates me to write better. 

Thank you so much! Love you~~