Discovery

Midnight

Taeyang remained standing in front of you, but his body was much more relaxed and his stance not so deadly. You felt your brow crease in anger.

“I’m fine oppa, you don’t need to cause a scene,” you told him. GD refused to believe you.

“He’s one of them ~~~~~ ah, he was sent here to hurt you. To kill you!” GD snarled furiously, you saw Remi and the guys at his back but they weren’t as angry as he was.

You shook your head, and stood by Taeyang’s side. “He’s done nothing but protect me oppa.”

Remi put her hand on GD’s shoulder soothing him, and then she looked at you with worried eyes.

“~~~~~ ah, as much I hate to say this…GD’s right,” she turned to growl softly at Taeyang, but he was completely relaxed by your side. He didn’t even look perturbed by their accusations.

“How can you treat him this way? He saved me!”

GD laughed darkly. “He saved you, so he could kill you himself. But he won’t even have time to think about it…because I’ll kill him first.”

Without warning, GD lunged and with one graceful leap into the air he transformed into his Lycan form. Taeyang took one easy step to the side and let GD skid along his marble floors, his sharp claws leaving behind deep claw marks on the floor.

Taeyang winced. “I really liked that flooring you know.”

GD’s Lycanthrope eyes glared at Taeyang, his entire body tensed, ready to jump at any sudden attack. GD gnashed his teeth at Taeyang.

“I’m not going to fight you,” Taeyang said in a firm voice. “Pleas return to your human form.”

GD let out a snort, and you saw his yellow eyes roll at Taeyang’s calm and fatherly like tone. It was so commanding that even you felt like obeying him, but GD was stubborn and he didn’t relax or change back.

Taeyang sighed and began to his shirt, you pulled on his arm.

“Is this a good idea? There’s five of them and one of you,” you said, your face full of dread. Taeyang smiled down at you, he didn’t even look frightened.

“I’ve had worse odds,” he simply told you. Then turned his back to you and shrugged his shirt off, you gasped at his back.

It was as inviting as it was clothed, but that’s not what shocked you. What shocked you were the vicious scars that marred his entire back, some looked deeper than others. You felt queasy as you stared at the abuse he had suffered, what had Taeyang gone through? Your poor Taeyang…you didn’t doubt that each scar contained a painful, hurtful memory.

Taeyang began to unfasten his jeans, and you almost completely lost your mind at what might be revealed but you heard Daesung groan.

“Please. No guys this time, I want to leave this place without any images of a guys ,” he pleaded behind you. You wanted to giggle, but the others looked serious and ready for battle. GD looked bloodthirsty and ferocious, and right now…he wasn’t your cousin but the animal the books described Lycanthropes to be.

Taeyang looked at GD. He didn’t want to hurt the Lycan, he didn’t even want to fight. He was not in the mood and a wave of lethargy washed over him, yeah he was definitely not in the mood to fight.

“I know what you must think of me, but let me explain. Change back into your human form.”

If GD could speak, he would have told Taeyang to stick it somewhere real uncomfortable. But fortunately GD was limited to grunts or growls, which weren’t that much better.

Taeyang sighed and took a step towards GD, but he felt a soft hand on his arm. He looked back into your striking green eyes.

“Please, don’t do this. I don’t want oppa hurt, I don’t…I don’t want you hurt,” you begged. Taeyang placed a comforting hand against your cheek, the concern in your eyes stunned him. You truly did care for his safety, and the novelty of that alone made his head spin in delight.

“I’ll be fine, I promise.”

You reached up on your toes and kissed him on the lips. You heard someone whispering behind you but you didn’t care, you were past caring what other people thought.

GD’s patience snapped at the scene, and he no longer could hold it down. He began to attack Taeyang, his Lycan body once again in the air. Just before he reached Taeyang, he too turned into his Lycanthrope form. Gods…he was the most handsome Lycanthrope you had seen yet.

His black fur looked shiny and soft, his ears were attentive and his eyes observant. His predatorily lope was dangerous and nimble, his limbs were much more defined and strong. You didn’t know your Lycanthrope analogy, but he was perfect. And my oh my was he a large Lycanthrope! He made GD look like a baby, and GD wasn’t exactly small either.

GD’s tongue ran along his teeth, as if he savoured the thought of killing Taeyang, who stood in front of you protectively. You tried to dodge in front of him, to put an end to your cousin’s stupidity but Taeyang wouldn’t let you past.

Suddenly, Remi tugged on your arm and yanked you to the other side of the door. Seung Ri and TOP caught you, but you shrugged their hands off you irritated.

“Stop them, GD’s going to hurt Taeyang!” you cried out, as the two Lycanthropes charged at each other. They hit each other with such a force; the noise their bodies made when they collided came out in a loud thud.

Remi snorted. “If anyone is going to get hurt, its GD. Taeyang isn’t any normal Lycan you know.”

You found that you had ignored the fight, and stared at Remi. “What do you mean? Was he a human?” you asked cautiously. Is that how he received his scars? Had the originals beaten him because of his very existence, the thought was sickening.

This time TOP snorted. “Please. Even I can’t take an insult like that.”

Insult? So Taeyang must be…

You were thrown to the side; your wrist ached with pain. You guessed that it was nothing more than a sprain, but your terrified eyes never left the vicious sight in front of you. GD’s mouth wrapped around Taeyang’s hind leg, and bit into it.

“No!” you cried as you heard the low hiss and growl Taeyang let out, you pushed yourself up and rushed back into the room. Well…it didn’t look like a room anymore. The furniture had been ruined beyond repair, the floor was covered in claw marks. It was terrible.

Taeyang was limping now, but he still stood and held his ground. You saw his eyes slowly waver towards you, the guilt so raw it was almost painful to look at them.

He had failed you, and he conjured moments of happiness in his mind. He wasn’t surprised to find that all the happy memories had your shining smile or your twinkling eyes in them. Only you had brought light into his world of darkness.

“Please oppa, stop,” you pleaded, looking deep into GD’s eyes trying to find some semblance of sanity in them.

You realised GD looked completely fine, he didn’t even look as if he suffered a scratch. Taeyang on the other hand was limping and hurt, you heard the blood drip from his injured leg to the floor. Your poor Taeyang. He shouldn’t be hurt because of you, and you were certainly not going to let him die because of you.

You took a step back till you felt your back gently press against Taeyang’s chest, the soft furs rubbing softly on your skin. Even as a Lycan he smelt delicious, nothing like a dog or wolf at all.

GD snarled at you, scaring you in hope that you would scuttle away in fright. You didn’t, yes you trembled in fear but there was no way you were going to stand back and watch an innocent guy get slaughtered when he had committed no crime.

You shook your head. “I’m not going anywhere.”

But GD being GD, he didn’t listen. He decided that he if quickly swiped you away, he could sink his teeth right into Taeyang’s jugular and rip his throat out. It was a hail mary, but he was willing to do anything to save you. Now if you only stopped trying to protect the killer…this would have all been over and done with.

He began to sprint towards you and Taeyang. You felt Taeyang’s teeth nip into your clothes, trying to move you but you didn’t budge.

GD was an arm’s length away, you were sick of this.

“You two need a time out!” you shouted, holding your arms out attempting to separate them from each other. Your left hand touched GD’s chest, making sure he wouldn’t move. You put pressure on your touch, and you knew that with GD’s strength, even he if he moved just a little he would snap your wrist. And by the looks of his frozen body he was thinking the exact same thing.

Damn you for wanting to be a doctor.

Your right hand also touched Taeyang’s chest, but you gently rubbed. Soothing his entire body, but at the same time setting fire to his desire for you. If it weren’t for the others, he would have changed back immediately and claim your luscious lips with his.

“Are you okay?” you asked Taeyang quietly.

The air around you trembled and you watched as GD transformed back into his normal self, you kept your eyes on his. Not daring to look down, if you did…you were sure you would suffer from trauma.

“That’s it, worry about the killer,” you heard GD say angrily.

You whipped your head to glare at him; but you kept your arm exactly the same, just in case he did decide to go Lycanthrope on you again.

“He’s the only one I see bleeding around here,” you quipped back. “And put clothes on,” you said irritated. You didn’t dared look down, if you did were sure you would have suffered from some sort of mental trauma…followed by your eyes being burned from the horrible sight.

GD glared past you, looking angrily at the Lycan behind you. The Lycanthrope you were protecting.

“You would betray everyone you care for, for someone who is here to hand your heart to the enemy?” GD asked you.

You narrowed your eyes at him. “How do you know he’s here to kill me? You have no proof of this,” you argued back.

You turned to look at Taeyang for confirmation, but he didn’t meet your eyes.

“Please tell me what he’s saying isn't true,” you begged him quietly, he didn’t say a word. You dropped your arms and stepped towards him, gently forcing him to meet your interrogating gaze.

“If I said no…would you have believed me?” Taeyang asked. Truthfully you wouldn’t have, but you wanted to know. You were done with being kept in the dark.

“Please, if I mean even a little to you. You would tell me the truth,” you said in a low voice. GD took a step towards you but you held a hand up to him, signalling at him to stop. You were going to handle this.

Taeyang’s eyes clouded with guilt and shame. “Yes. What he’s saying is true. I was sent here to kill you.”

You almost broke down in tears. Almost. Instead your temper grew and grew till you exploded with rage, your eyes wide and your breathing heavy you looked like a mad person. In all the years Taeyang had lived, he had faced the most frightening of creatures. The most terrifying punishments and he had been on the brink of death on a number of occasions, but never had he been more scared than right now.

Your crazed eyes made him wince. He just hoped you wouldn’t kick him in the groin.

“You toyed with my feelings…so you could kill me?” you whispered slowly in exasperation, the idea angering you. “I kissed you…”

“You what?!” GD roared and advanced towards Taeyang, but in a heartbeat, Remi stood by his side and held him back. Calming him, you saw from the corner of your eyes that she handed him some clothes.

You carried on. “I…I was beginning to think that we had a future.”

This time Taeyang laughed, it was cruel and his grin didn’t reach his eyes. “I have no future. Not with anyone.”

“You’re wrong. I would have happily given you the happiness you deserved, I’ve seen the sadness in your eyes. The scars on your back…” you noticed his body tense as you mentioned them. “But here you are…ready to kill me like an animal for slaughter.”

Taeyang wanted to argue back, tell you that he had no intention of hurting you let alone killing you. Yes it had been his mission to kill you, but things have changed. They changed the minute he watched your beautiful smile, the caring way you conversed with people and the way your eyes glittered with a child like hope that ignited his own…his hope that one day he could be with you.

He didn’t utter a single word.

“I can’t believe after what we shared together earlier, you’re going to kill me,” you choked out, your eyes filling with angry bitter tears.

“Pur-lease. If the dog wanted to kill, you would have been dead already,” you heard someone say harshly in the corner.

Then a stunning woman stepped out of the shadows.

“Yoona,” Taeyang said with a grimace.

You stared at the woman Taeyang had called Yoona; you had to bite back a cry of anguish. She possessed clear, snowy white skin. A seductive smile played on her lips, and her leather pants and corset top brought out her curves. The woman was beauty incarnate.

“So you’ve been Taeyang’s play thing,” Yoona said in a light growl, as she circled you. You saw GD struggle in TOP’s grasp – who had been called by Remi to help her – as he watched Yoona lift your hair and took a small sniff. “Interesting,” she purred to Taeyang.

You stiffened. “And you are?”

Yoona held her hand out to you. “Yoona. A friend of Taeyang’s.”

You took her hand, and she shook it vigorously. A friend…you had never in your life seen a guy with a friend like that and not be in the slightest attracted to them.

“Pleasure to meet you,” you croaked, Taeyang glared at Yoona.

“And what are you going to tell me now?”

Yoona laughed and flicked back her long wavy hair. You saw Daesung’s jaw drop open at her y display, you wanted to whimper at how beautiful Yoona was.

“I’m just the messenger, no need to get so edgy with me,” Yoona defended herself, then carried on. “They want the girl Taeyang. And they want her quickly. So if you want to live, I suggest you run that pretty knife across her neck.”

“Let me kill him ~~~~~~ ah. This should have been done a long time ago,” GD growled behind you, you could hear Remi and TOP huffing as they struggled to hold him back.

“Oh, you have company. Hi boys,” Yoona playfully waved at Seung Ri and Daesung. If you thought they were illiterate before, it was nothing compared to the way they were now. They looked like they’d just seen a ghost…a strikingly beautiful ghost you might add.

“Yoona shut up,” Taeyang snarled through clenched teeth. It was still a shock to see him lose composure; it was clearly obvious he found Yoona infuriating. You didn’t blame him, you did too but for all the wrong reasons. Why does she have to be so damn pretty? You shrieked in your thoughts.

Then you thought again. Taeyang was sent to kill you, you shouldn’t care if he’s attracted to you or not. He was an animal. So why did your body ache to feel his strong arms wrapped around you, to feel his scorching kisses on your skin. God…hormones! You thought.

“Ouch. That almost hurt,” Yoona said and then pulled out a bottle of the whisky Taeyang kept in his cabinet. She poured herself a glass, and took a stroll around his ruined house. “Nice deco you got here,” she said sarcastically as she stepped over the broken glass and wood chips.

Taeyang ground his teeth together in annoyance. “Stay out of this Yoona.”

“What did she mean if you wanted me dead, I would have been already,” you whispered to Taeyang but Yoona interrupted.

She looked up at the two of you in sarcastic amazement. “You haven’t told her yet have you?”

By the shame in Taeyang’s eyes, Yoona already knew the answer. She tsked.

“Well, well little girl. You have a lot to learn about Taeyang, because you see…he’s no ordinary Lycanthrope. But the next in line to be the new big bad wolf,” Yoona smirked as she finished her sentence.

Why did she always smirk? Was everything a game to her? It amused and annoyed you at the same time, Yoona was someone you would love and dislike.

“What is she talking about?” you looked at Taeyang but he didn’t seem like he wanted to answer, so you faced GD and Remi. “What does she mean?”

“It’s a discussion for another time,” was all GD managed to say.

“Why can’t you tell me now?”

GD’s eyes wondered past you. “Because it’s not the right to say it.”

Taeyang seemed to agree with him. “After we have cleaned up, we will explain everything. I promise.”

You hated how your body reacted to his words, you should hate him but you couldn’t muster enough disgust to aim at him. And he kept his promises. As if he was bound to them.

GD was finally let go by Remi, he marched straight to the door but as he neared Taeyang his strides became much slower.

“Even you don’t know everything.”

Taeyang wanted to ask more, but like he said…everything will be explained later.

You took a deep and shaky breath. “If you don’t kill me what will happen?”

Taeyang didn’t say anything, but his eyes shamefully looked past you and straight at your cousin and Remi. You felt your heart drop out of your chest and plummet down onto the ground. It would tear you apart to see them hurt because of you, TOP, Daesung and Seung Ri. They didn’t deserve a brutal death because of you.

“I see,” you swallowed as you thought about your next question. “If you don’t kill me, what will happen to you?”

“~~~~~~ ah,” GD hissed warningly but you ignored him. You watched as Taeyang stepped closer to you, his warm masculine scent engulfing you.

“They would beat me till I die,” he said so calmly you wasn’t sure you should believe him, but despite everything that was happening, there was no denying the truth in his eyes. You cursed yourself for caring about him, about what would happen to him. But you did care, and it tore through you to know that if he let you escape he would suffer.

“Y-You can’t let them do that,” you stuttered out loud before you could stop yourself. He gave you a lopsided grin, and then gently cupped your face.

“Like I said I’m used to punches…and among other things.”

Yoona snorted. “Please. Don’t be so modest Taeyang, why don’t you announce to the entire world what really happens to you. Or better yet, why you really are here.”

“Yoona, I’m warning you…” Taeyang trailed off dangerously, but Yoona seemed bent on digging her own grave.

“But there’s so much to tell in one night. First let’s start with the little minx at your side,” Yoona curled her lip slightly at you. You narrowed your eyes.

“I am not a minx,” you argued back. Yoona didn’t appear to have listened.

“If you tell her, I will be forced to kill you,” GD said from the door way, but Taeyang stopped him.

“You don’t want to do that, Yoona is an original and she is mated to Woo Jin. Kill her and you would have practically arranged your own funeral. Even I can’t kill her with my status, and believe me I’ve cursed that rule almost every night of my life. She is under the protection of the founding families,” Taeyang explained to GD.

GD cursed, he even said one word that made you blush in embarrassment and shame.

Yoona giggled. “Quit being whiny, now back to you darling,” she faced you her eyes a strange mix of colours. You swore there was a hint of magenta in them.

“What do they want from me?”

Yoona chuckled. “Didn’t anyone tell you? You’re one of us.”

You looked down at your arms instantly, expecting hair to sprout all over your body. Nothing happened.

You gaped at her. “I-I can’t be. I’ve never felt the heat they’ve described…”

You looked at GD who refused to meet your gaze.

Yoona carried on. “Well I’m lying. You’re not completely one of us. You are a half breed, you’re a mongrel.”

You didn’t know whether to be offended, curious or shocked. “A half breed?”

“Yes. You are half Lycanthrope and half Witch. And both want you dead. And I thought I had it bad.”