Surprise

Midnight

GD stared dumbfounded at Hyori. *It can’t be…~~~~~~ ah’s family, including my mother, perished. I am her only family.* Yet as GD stared at Hyori more, he did see some resemblance, the way both your eyes shone full of spirit. GD had seen an apparition of Ji Hoon and Jia, an apparition conjured by the Witches, Ji Hoon and Hyori possessed the same high cheekbones and mischievous smile.

“M-My auntie?” you breathed out unable to believe it. You’d agonised over the fact that you would never know your true family, and right here, right now…your auntie stood before you.

You wanted to hug her but you found yourself incapable of doing so. Instead you gawked at her like an idiot.

Hyori nodded shyly, the first time you saw her discomfort since she’d arrived.

“Yes. Your father was my brother,” she said in a low voice, not meeting your eyes. “He would have liked for me to tell you that he and your mother loved you very much in your past life, and would still love you just as much in this life. They’d be so proud of what you’ve become.”

You felt the tears leak out of your eyes before you could stop them, it was hard to control your emotions these days. They seemed to like showing themselves in the most inconvenient situations ever.

You wiped at your eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m usually not this emotional,” you apologised as you blubbered. Hyori’s eyes too watered

Thankfully, Taeyang ushered everyone into the kitchen, to leave you and Hyori alone.

“Thank you,” you mouthed at him with a smile, he returned it with his own dazzling and encouraging grin. A wave of powerful desire came over you, you were still adjusting to being mated but you would never change it for anything. You loved being mated to Taeyang. You loved him.

He left the room with the others and shut the door quietly behind him, taking a deep breath you faced Hyori again.

Before you could speak, Hyori hugged you tight. “I can’t believe you’re alive.”

You hugged her back, your heart warming and your throat tight at her kindness. Hyori is your family, and to have someone who knew your mother and father so well…you were about to explode with joy and curiosity.

However, her words startled you.

Pulling back, you stared at her face. “Didn’t you think I’d survive this long?”

“You’re up againsta lot of Lycans ~~~~~~ ah, 99% of them are after you. Jaesu wants you alive, but that doesn’t mean you can’t arrive to him black and blue from bruises. They will hurt you if they find you. Remember, the Witches are after you too. The Witches want to kill you before Jaesu can gain total power and wield magic permanently,” Hyori said in a sombre tone, her features hard and serious.

Biting your lip anxiously, you turned to look out the window. You pictured Lycans leaping over the buildings, Witches casting spells to hurt civilians…to get to you. You shivered at innocents dying because of you.

“There has to be a way out of this. Perhaps Jaesu will get tired of looking for me,” you said in a hopeful voice.

Hyori smiled at you with sad eyes. “You remind me so much of your father, he was always optimistic. But no ~~~~~ ah, Jaesu will never give up. He has been after you even in your past life, how he knows about you being reincarnated is beyond me,” Hyori snarled angrily at the last part. As if she was disgusted no one had protected you properly.

“Why are you helping me? Your brother was killed because of me and my mother, and everyone of your family has died because of me,” you asked in a trembling voice.

Hyori sighed and cupped your face gently in a motherly fashion, staring into your eyes that glowed an emerald green.

“My brother was your father too, and I loved your mother as if she was own my sister despite the race differences. I’m helping you because you have been rejected by both species for doing nothing wrong, and you are my niece. We are family and I will always help family.”

You felt overwhelmed by her kindness and strength, you hugged Hyori tightly again, still unable to believe that you were able to find your auntie or rather she found you.

“But GD oppa said that everyone in our family was killed by Jaesu. How did you escape?”

Hyori raised an eyebrow at you. “Oppa? You are older than him by more than  century.”

“I know, it’s habit but you didn’t answer my question. How did you escape Jaesu?”

“Your mother’s family was killed by Jaeus, including GD’s mother when he was young. My family however, most died naturally. Some of course were killed by Jaesu’s elite hunting party and some by other Witches for allowing one of their greatest Warlocks to conceive a child with a Lycan.”

You looked down in guilt.

Hyori continued. “Then, the council my entire family...or what was left of us. My other siblings were killed, but I escaped…it was a miracle that I did.”

You frowned. “A miracle? But you can use magic.”

“Yes I can, but my family was killed in 1450. A long time after you were killed. We didn’t have cars, planes or anything to help me get away faster. I had to run using my own two feet.”

You stared at her in pity, she had gone through so much. She’d lost her entire family, in a way she was just like you. Except you couldn’t remember your parents, only from other people’s accounts. Hyori…she remembered everyone.

“I can still hear their cries in my mind every day,” Hyori went on. “There were children…elders…it was a dreadful night.”

You admired her, she was composed but the agony and pain was so clear in her eyes. She was stronger than you. You asked a question that you had dying to ask her since you found out her true identity.

“D-Did my father die, die through the council’s hands?”

Hyori shook her head. “No, he died in Jaesu’s castle. He had captured your parents, and had interrogated them brutally. He was much harsher on your mother, she was promised to him, and she chose a Warlock over a pure Lycan. It was an embarrassment on Jaesu’s image.”

You swallowed. “D-Did he Umma?”

Hyori hesitated. “Honestly, I’m not sure, all I know is that your parents died together.”

“What about Appa? What did Jaesu do to him?” you growled, surprised at your sudden anger. You hated this mood swing thing, apparently, Lycans were emotional wrecks!

“I don’t know…all I know is that Jaesu tortured your parents into telling him where you were hiding, and what spell you had cast on Taeyang.”

You angrily gaped at her words. As much as you loved Taeyang, you couldn’t help but hate his father, and hate is a strong word you never used.

“How dare he assume such ludicrous things!” you shrieked. “You cannot make love happen, it will simply be just infatuation if it’s a love spell. And he tortured my parents!”

Your blood boiled under your skin, your hands itching to choke something. Preferably a Lycan with the name Jaesu.

“I know. Jaesu doesn’t think straight, he’s all about power and more power.”

“Did they tell him about me?” you asked.

“No. Though your parents disapproved of the match, they did not say where you were. They loved you too much ~~~~~~ ah, they would never do anything to hurt you. Even if it meant them dying.”

You wanted to cry, but you had cried so much already no tears would form. It was in the past, you can’t do anything to change it. It hurts to know that your parents sacrificed their lives because of you, but now…you weren’t going to let history repeat itself.

“I’m so sorry if this sounds rude but…how good are you with magic?” you enquired in a blunt tone.

Hyori arched a brow and smirked at you.

Very good.”

You nodded satisfied. “Then I need you to teach me everything you know.”

Suddenly the door swung wide open, the others tumbling into the room in a giant Lycan mess on the floor.

Your nostrils flared in anger and disappointment.

“You were eavesdropping on our conversation?!”

Remi stood up and brushed at her trousers. “We didn’t mean to ~~~~~ ah…”

“To hell we did!” GD interrupted. “Family or not, I don’t trust you with a Witch who turns up now, while we’re in a ed up situation.”

The rest of GD’s words came out muffled, his lips had been sealed together. You saw him try to open his mouth wide, but his lips wouldn’t part.

You looked at Hyori, who stood with arms crossed in front of her, looking archly at GD’s failed attempts at trying to pry his mouth open.

“Yah! I’m you’re noona. You watch your tongue with me, or I’ll do something much more than just seal your lips shut. To think your mother birthed such a chatty dog.”

“I am not a dog!” GD yelped, but he stopped when he smiled at being able to talk again.

You met eyes with Taeyang. “How much did you hear?”

He sighed heavily. “Enough to know that I am not allowing you to go on a suicide mission. ~~~~~~ ah, you’re still a young Lycan no matter how old you are. You cannot face an entire army of Elite Lycans by yourself. Even if you do have the blood of a Lycan and a Witch.”

Your hands flew up into the air. “I can’t believe this! Yoona almost died because of me!”

Taeyang strode over to you, his muscles tensed and his brows knitted together.

“And so did you! You cannot blame everything on yourself!”

“But it is my fault! I’m the sole reason why your father killed my entire family, I’m lucky to have to family members here now. What if there was no one?”

His features turned ice cold. “You would still have me ~~~~~ ah.”

“That’s not what I meant," you said, your tone much calmer and softer. You reached out for his hand, but he pulled back.

“If you think I’ll let you kill yourself for a piece of like me, then you have another thing coming.”

“You are not a piece of ,” you snarled. “And stop telling me what I can or can’t do, I’m not a child. I have to learn how to protect the ones I love, including you. I can’t let any more people die because your of a father wants my blood to spill on some mangy cup so he drink it like the filthy animal that he is.”

You heard clapping behind you.

“A speech like that definitely deserves a slap or two on your mongrel face.”

Yoona’s face turned a sickly white.

“Woo Jin,” she whispered, her voice full of dread as bloodthirsty Lycans stood behind him.

Woo Jin grinned. “Honey, I’m home.”

=======

Yeah, sorry for the cliffhanger endings...but I like to keep you all guessing as to what will happen :L Hope the chap was good. Please comment and tell me what you think!!!! I love comments :D