Training

Midnight

“Would you stop this! Stop being so angry all the time!” you shouted at GD

Taeyang held your hand, not out of comfort but to hold you back. “~~~~~ ah is right. Why the hell did you not tell us this in the first place?”

GD took deep breaths to calm himself down, he hadn’t felt this angry in centuries. Guilt washed over him at your words, you were right. He had been angry for some time now, but he had good reason to be angry. If you died, it would jeopardise the oath he took, not to mention that it would break his heart to see his only family die.

“Allowing ~~~~~~ ah to have her powers before she has even been trained is beyond stupidity. The elite hunters will be able to smell the magic from miles away, adding to our already dire situation, the Witches will now be able to track her with their eyes taped shut.”

You were thankful that GD had stopped shouting, but the way he withheld information from you was starting to aggravate you.

“I thought the Witches were on our side, since they were the ones who told you everything.”

GD snorted. “They’d rather stand with Mickey Mouse than a Lycan,” you gave him a look which made him backtrack. “Sorry, sarcasm is not needed. They’re not helping us, because the ones who were willing to help are dead.”

“What?” you gasped.

“Your father’s entire family are dead; some of old age others through hunts. Your mother’s family were dead long before you were even born, not that she had a lot of family. Just her father and two brothers who died in battle, the last of the White Timber Lycans,” GD explained.

Taeyang scowled. “And now?”

“Elaborate please?” GD quipped back, but at least his voice wasn’t full of malice.

“Why are there no Witches prepared to side with ~~~~~~ ah? She is after all one of them.”

Remi spoke. “Yes, but she is also one of us. The council refuse to protect anyone who is even suspected of having an alliance with the Lycanthropes. Since ~~~~~ ah’s mother was a Lycan original, they say that she is a danger to the entire Witch race.”

“Where did you get all of this from?” you asked at how much information they had just dumped on you.

“We had a Witch indebted to us, they told us what we needed to know. Enough to try and keep you alive.”

“So what about this oath?” Taeyang asked. “If the council is against protecting ~~~~~ ah, and I’m sure the Lycans were not for it, how did you take the oath?”

“You know for an original you’re not that smart,” GD joked.

“Oppa!” you scolded him. “That was mean. You know he’s not dumb, he takes the same classes as me. Are you calling me dumb?!”

GD let out a hopeless sigh. “I’m trying to be funny and casual and you bite my head off for that too? Will I ever win?!”

“Oppa!”

“Alright. Gah, you are scary when you’re angry. Okay, when your father’s family was alive, they had persuaded the council into protecting you. Ji Hoon’s family loved your mother and you, but once each one of them was dead the council immediately took back the protection they gave you.”

You cursed. “I get that they don’t protect me, but didn’t they think that Lycans would destroy villages in search for me?”

Taeyang put his arm around your shoulders, ignoring the deadly look he received from GD.

“They’ve been exposed to almost a lifetime of cruelty ~~~~~ ah, surviving has become their number one priority. A few dead humans will not matter to either race.”

You gave him an icy look. “That doesn’t give them an excuse to watch innocent people die.”

You started towards the door, but you barely made three steps before GD and Taeyang blocked you both.

“Where are you going?” GD asked in a patronising manner. You tried to push them both out of the way, but that was like pushing a stationary lorry…they didn’t budge one single bit.

“I’m going to hand myself over to Jaesu. If he wants my blood, he can have it,” you wheezed as you pushed with all your might.

“Are you insane?!” GD shrieked.

“If it means being able to keep you safe,” your eyes slipped over to Taeyang. “I will give him what he wants, I can make a deal with him. Persuade him to not completely obliterate the human race.”

Taeyang gave you a half hearted smile. “Were you this naïve and optimistic in your past life?”

GD snorted. “You mean stupid.”

You punched him lightly, or so you thought. “Yah!”

GD cried out and then spoke sarcastically, “Ouch! Did we forget to mention that what you classify a normal punch is not normal anymore, god I feel like a bulldozer was rammed into my arm.”

You stared down at your hands. “I’m strong?”

Taeyang smiled and kissed the tip of your nose. “Very strong.”

You wriggled away from him playfully. “Don’t try to change the subject. I am not naïve…”

“Yes you are,” Jaejoong said from the doorway, he must have crept here in the middle of the banter. “Do you honestly think Jaesu will honour a deal once you are dead?”

“W-Well…” you spluttered. Jaejoong smirked.

“Why don’t you ask his very own son,” he looked at Taeyang. “I’m sure he can tell if his dear father is worth one breath.”

You noticed Taeyang tense at the mention of his father, you wanted to rip out Jaesu’s throat. How could he hurt his only son? At such a young age, you didn’t care if Taeyang was born when dinosaurs roamed the earth, no father should be that cruel and barbaric towards his own son.

“My father will have everyone who helped you slaughtered. Me…well, I’d rather not think about it,” he said wincing. You squeezed his hand lightly and smiled up at him.

“If you hand me over to him, then he will no longer see you as a weak Lycan. But a strong and capable one.”

Taeyang shook his head furiously. “I will not give you up like some pig for slaughter. I didn’t risk my life, lose any memory of you, to have you die…again!”

“I hate to say it, but he’s right,” Yoona said, she joined where Jaejoong stood. “Jaesu has a thing for theatrics, he will take every ounce of blood inside you in the most painful way imaginable. If anyone here was caught, he will make sure you are alive to watch them die.”

You finally began to see the flaw in your plan, aish…you really are naïve. Of course Jaesu wouldn’t honour a deal with anyone, from accounts you have heard from people, from his own son…he was a ruthless man who would do anything to get what he wanted.

“Oh god, we’re dead,” you whispered. “We’re all dead.”

Remi hugged you tightly, patting your back that reminded you of a mother comforting her daughter.

“We will be fine ~~~~~ ah. Though, it would have been helpful if you and Taeyang hadn’t…you know.”

Yoona pouted in jealousy, whilst Jaejoong laughed. “You two did it? With hunters looking for our asses? God you’re brave.”

Taeyang shrugged and smiled at you. “I was seizing the moment.”

TOP stumbled into the room, his hair dishevelled from his sleep. “Whoa! What’s happening?”

A second later Seung Ri and Daesung dashed by his side, knocking TOP over. Their faces were bright and eager, clearly TOP was the only not morning person in this house.

“What did we miss?”

GD ‘s face turned hopeless and desperate. “My team of fools. Great.”

Yoona leant against Jaejoong’s shoulder and looked at you. “Not really my place to say this, but don’t you think it’s time to train your hybrid.”

Jaejoong raised a brow at her. “Watch your tongue Yoona if you want to keep it, people here will cut it out without hesitation. Besides, isn’t Woo Jin wondering where you are?”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “He’s gone to Jeju island for a ‘mission’, with three female companions…his only mission is pleasing all three to satisfaction. Having had firsthand experience, they’ll be in for a night of disappointment.”

Despite themselves, Taeyang and GD laughed. A male Lycan’s pride was something no one should toy with, telling a male Lycan that he was bad between the sheets was the biggest knock to their pride.

Seung Ri’s breath intake was sharp. “y and sadistic, my kind of girl.”

“You’re going to train me?” you asked GD.

“Mostly. But the magic stuff…I don’t know. I was only around Witches for a short amount of time, they creep me out.”

You gave him a sarcastic smile. “Thank you. “

“I can help, but it will be difficult.”

Nodding, you took a deep breath. “So when do we begin?”

-

-

-

“Would you stop slapping me!” you yelled at GD.

You were surprised when Taeyang had led you all down to some sort of cellar, which had been converted into some sort of work out room.

You were glad that Remi had grabbed you a suitcase of clothes and had packed some loose clothing, but even in a tank top and shorts you were sweating and pissed off.

GD kept jabbing at your arm. “You need to stop trembling ~~~~~~ ah, anger is your worst enemy. You need to learn to control it, when you feel the heat it means you are about to change forms. You have to be in control of your forms, know when to release the heat.”

He slapped at your arm again. This would have been so much easier if he wasn’t constantly annoying you.

“I am trying here oppa. Or should I be calling you dongsaeng? After all, I am older than you.”

GD grinned at you, although you were glad to have your fun and sarcastic cousin back, he really wasn’t helping stop the heat of the fury rushing through your body as the anger.

“Whatever makes you happy, noona.”

“It’s okay ~~~~~ ah, you will be fine,” Taeyang comfortingly said from the sides, the others had watched eagerly for the first 30 minutes but you could tell they were getting agitated from your lack of progress.

“Is it this hard for you guys to control?”

“Not really, we were taught the minute we could walk how to control it. It’s really second nature to us.”

Remi flicked him hard on the head. “What he’s trying to say is, it’s not something you’re used to. In your second life you grew up in a human home, where our world was kept from you. Stuff like this is the equivalent of a baby learning to walk and talk.”

You growled. “Are you comparing me to a baby?” you asked shaking.

“Come on ~~~~~ ah, control it. Imagine something soothing and calm, let the anger come out of your body,” GD coached you through.

You closed your eyes and though. Your mind went back to last night, with Taeyang. The way his hands roamed your body, exploring with hungry eyes like the predator that he was. It strangely soothed your body.

“Good, you’re getting it,” GD praised as he saw your trembling slowly come to a halt, until it stopped altogether quicker than he had thought. “Damn, what did you think of?”

Blushing you looked down. “I’d rather not say. So what’s next?”

Taeyang eyed you warily. “You’re not tired?" 

“I figure the more we can do in one day, the more I can learn,” you explained. Taeyang kissed your forehead, not ashamed to show his feelings anymore. So what if he was in love with a hybrid, born of a Warlock and a Witch, second most forbidden relationship to yours and his. No one would tell him how he should feel, what he felt for you…was the stuff of legends. He had never thought he could love someone like this, he’d read it in books, heard people discuss and seen it in bad romance films…but he had the chance to experience it.

For that, he would cherish you and protect you for as long as you both should live.

“Just don’t strain yourself,” he told you.

“Fighting now oppa?” you jumped excitedly, years of insults and now it was time for revenge. GD noted the excitement in your voice.

“I thought you were going to call me dongsaeng from now on?”

“Aish, that will be too hard for me to remember. I’m too used to calling you oppa anyway.”

“It works for me, I do act the oldest.”

“Yeah, yeah keep dreaming. So what next?”

“You will need to learn to mask your scent,” GD said sniffing the air. “God ~~~~~ ah, you smell.”

Your cheeks heated in embarrassment. “I do not!”

Though you denied it, you couldn’t help but take a small sniff of your underarm.

Laughing, Remi spoke. “He’s joking ~~~~~ ah. What he means is your scent is much more potent than a typical Witch or Lycan, so you stick out like a sore thumb. Making tracking you too easy, it’s a miracle they haven’t found you yet.”

GD cleared his throat. “Picture making yourself invisible.”

“What good is that?!”

“I don’t know, it’s how I was told to describe it to you. By the time I was taught and shown your life, you were long dead so we couldn’t test it on anyone. You are older than me by a good few hundred years," he reminded you. "Now get imagining.”

You rolled your eyes. “You do act older. Like an old grumpy git.”

GD glared at you. “Want to learn or not?”

“Fine.”

Closing your eyes again for maximum concentration you pictured your body fading into nothing, it was quite easy actually.

“You did it,” Seung Ri rejoiced. Snapping your eyes open you scowled.

“I did?”

“Yep. I can’t smell a damn thing,” Jaejoong confirmed.

“It was that easy?”

“You have your father’s genes in you ~~~~~ ah. He wielded magic like nobody’s business, it’s only right that the ease of using magic was passed onto you.”

 Smiling in triumph you skipped happily to GD.

“What now?”

“Now we rest and eat. I may be a Lycan but a man has to have some food and a toilet break,” he muttered under his breath as he climbed up the stairs, followed by everyone else.

Taeyang stayed behind. “You did great, I really can’t smell a thing. Though I have to say, I miss your scent.”

Flashing an image of you not invisible in your head, you felt as if you were now exposed  in front of Taeyang, you didn’t even blink in embarrassment as a naughty thought crossed your mind.

“It’s not like I did a lot today. I want to help so much, but oppa says we have to take it slowly. If I have these powers then why can’t I put them to use now? Kill those who need to be killed,” you said darkly, but failing miserably to sound terrible and harsh.

Taeyang chuckled. “You are too kind and caring to think of taking lives, even maybe ones who do deserve to die.”

You took his face into your hands, but you pulled back as horrible images assaulted your mind.

A bloodied Taeyang lay on the ground, a ghastly gaping hole was on his chest, a pool of blood surrounding him.

“I love you,” he uttered with his last breath. You stared down at your hands, a dagger in one hand, and a heart in the other…

“~~~~~ ah!” Taeyang shook you hard. You went limp against his arms, shaking as you felt tears prick your eyes.

“~~~~~ ah what happened? You’ve gone pale,” Taeyang asked anxiously, lifting you by the chin so he could stare into your eyes, which were filled with terror and fear.

“N-Nothing. I’m fine.”

You held him close, afraid to let go. You were the one who held the dagger…the heart. You retched at the thought; even if it was just some stupid image, how could you even conjure one up of cutting out his heart?

You truly did love him and had no desire of betraying him. What one earth could have caused that image to enter your mind?

“I love you,” you reminded him. You wanted him to know that.

Taeyang’s brows knitted in confusion. Why were you acting so strange?

“I love you to ~~~~~ ah. Don’t be afraid, I won’t hurt you or let you get hurt.”

You bit your lip. Could you even say the same to him after what you just saw?