Mistake

Midnight

“Please can I go out?” you pleaded at GD’s feet as he sat on Taeyang’s new sofa. Another perk to being the son to Jaesu – well you quoted that part – Taeyang was rich. Filthy rich, he could buy 4 people huge houses and not blink.

GD laughed and threw a pillow at you. “We have been over this and surprisingly it’s getting funny, you can’t go out.”

You pouted. “I’ve practically dropped out of University, quitting my dreams of being a doctor. Ruined. At least let me go out, I’m suffocating here. You all smell like wet dogs.”

Yoona gasped. “Yah! I've just put on Chanel perfume thank you.”

Jaejoong wrinkled his nose, who sat at the dinner table with Yoona eating lunch. “Yeah, remind yourself to not put it on. It’s stinging my nostrils like a .”

“Just because you’ve never smelt anything this nice before,” Yoona snapped back sticking her tongue out.

GD rolled his eyes, but he just stared at you. “Will you get off my feet, you’re starting to scare me.”

Taeyang walked into the room, bounding over to him happily you smiled. “Oppa…”

“No, I agree with your cousin on this one. You cannot go out.”

“But he’s younger than me! Besides, you may be younger than me too so I should have respect,” you grinned evilly.

Remi cleared . “Actually ~~~~~ ah, Taeyang is older than you. By 100 years.”

“Damn!”

Seung Ri laughed. “Only you would be dying to get out of someplace safe whilst an elite Lycan hunting party are searching for you.”

You glared at him. “Try being babied by them and  you’ll know how I feel,” you turned to Taeyang again, “Please oppa? I know how to mask my scent, I promise I’ll be safe.”

Yoona stood up. “I can watch her if you want, I’m bored of staying in your home, it’s been 2 weeks and nothing. Maybe they gave up.”

“They never give up,” Taeyang muttered darkly but you could see his resolve slowly weakening, then his features softened. “I want you back in 2 hours, if not…”

He didn’t finish his warning, you squealed and ran up to him pecking him lightly on the lips. “Thank you oppa! I love you.”

He smiled as he watched you drag Yoona out, shaking his head at your enthusiasm.

“I can’t believe you’re mated. That's so uncool,” Jaejoong nudged him, as if the whole idea disgusted him. Taeyang laughed and raised his eyebrows.

“Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, that’s all I can say.”

Jaejoong shivered. “Don’t get me wrong ~~~~~ ah is hot…”

“Yah! That’s my cousin!” GD snarled. Jaejoong ignored him.

“…but to be with the one girl forever, I don’t think I can handle it.”

“You can take other female Lycans on the side if you want,” Taeyang suggested darkly.

“Yeah I know, but something tells me that when I mate to someone I’m going to be dedicated to that someone forever.”

Remi couldn’t help but interrupt. “And that’s a bad thing how?” She looked at GD who had an identical matching mating mark on the back of his neck, a symbol of their Lycan union. They’d even had a human wedding ceremony.

Jaejoong snorted. “I’d be dedicated to that person even if they do not want me.”

“Jae isn’t the type of guy to horn around when he’s got a steady partner,” Taeyang rephrased it for others to understand, Remi found it hard to understand mating without love. Since she truly loved GD and he loved her, she had experienced no other thing. What she shared with GD was so rare in the Lycanthrope world.

“I thought you would be the type to fool around, Elite hunters are notoriously known for taking 3 females at once. I didn't think you'd be the steady kind,” Remi said in disbelief. Jaejoong pulled out a throwing star from his back pocket and began to sharpen it.

“I would have declared my desire to be with that person for the rest of my life, something I do rarely. I would never mate to form an alliance, I would mate because I truly want that person. And I haven't found one girl in our world who is worthy enough, I'm not giving up my freedom for some street rat.”

Remi nodded understanding. “Wow. For a blonde you’re pretty wise.”

Jaejoong laughed. “It’s all the Stars Wars I watch.”

-

-

-

“Remind me why we’re here again?” Yoona asked as she looked through useless gadgets only a guy would find interesting.

You picked up a money box in the shape of a car. “Because…it’s GD oppa’s birthday in 3 days and I wanted to get him something. He probably thinks I’ve forgotten.”

Yoona laughed. “Seriously? Lycans do not celebrate their birthdays, it’s considered a human celebration so they look down on it.”

“Yeah well GD’s happily received presents in the past, I don’t see what will change his mind now. Do you?”

“You are stubborn. I think I’m beginning to like you, of course your situation with Taeyang…still bothers me a little,” Yoona confessed. You had to give the girl credit, she didn’t hold back.

“How old are you?”

Yoona didn’t look up from her browsing. “A few hundred years younger than you hybrid. So yes, you are the older one.”

You finally asked the question you had been dying to know the answer to.

“Have you and Taeyang ever…” you trailed off. Yoona laughed loudly, making guys stare at her in wonder.

“I’ve wanted him for centuries now, but he refuses to have with me. I even stood in his bedroom once, in 1876,” Yoona told you. You pulled a face and covered your ears quickly.

“Yoona…too much information! It was a Yes or No question,” you hissed but not truly mad at her, that girl surely did not get embarrassed at all!

Yoona rolled her eyes. “You are so different.”

“I will take that as a compliment,” you muttered and when Yoona spoke, you only remembered that Lycans had impeccable hearing.

“You should. I’m sick and tired of trying to outdo some of the es back at home, they’re always bragging about how their mates are waiting for them at home…”

“Yoona! Do Lycan’s have any shame?” you asked. She shook her head.

“Nope. We’re animals ~~~~~~ ah, we learn to embrace our nature…which is to get down and dirty.”

Guys stared at your abnormal friend with sudden interest.

“Besides I told you what I did because I want you to know that Taeyang…is the most infuriating Lycan I have ever met.”

You frowned. “Really?”

She snorted. “You have no idea. Female Lycans have pranced around him to get his attention. Taeyang is the heir to Jaesu’s throne; his good looks are just the icing on the cake. Taeyang is from the purest Lycan family, that was all that mattered.”

“Really? Didn’t they want to get to know him though?”

“As hard as this may be to believe, Lycans are all about status and power. The more power one has, the more control they have over others,” Yoona explained. “Taeyang is the perfect, ideal mate for female Lycans. He’s strong and fast, trained for battle and intelligent. Plus he respects everyone, even heads like Woo Jin.”

You noticed that every time Woo Jin’s name was mentioned, Yoona would curl her lip in disgust. She really didn’t like Woo Jin.

“Why did you mate with him?” you asked carefully not wanting to offend her, but Yoona didn’t seem to mind if her public life was known by everyone. She seemed to enjoy attention, normally you would detest girls like Yoona but you found her amusing and oddly refreshing. She brought her weird humour to the most dire situations.

“He was pure blooded, I was pure blooded…it was only right we mated. Of course, Taeyang would have been better but he didn’t even look at me. So I’m stuck with the cheating bastard, but that’s kind of hypocritical of me since I cheat on him too. It's sort of a win-win situation really, I’m enjoying life,” Yoona said casually.

You winced at her words, because deep down you knew that she wasn’t enjoying life at all. You wanted to tell her you understood, but you didn’t. You don’t know what it’s like to be mated to someone you don’t even like, let alone love! You pitied Yoona, someone as beautiful as her shouldn’t get a bastard like Woo Jin.

Then again, someone like Taeyang shouldn’t be with someone like you. He shouldn’t be mated to you, ever since the two of you have been mated it’s been hard for you to think about losing him. He said it’s the pull of the mating ritual, but since you two had truly loved each other it’s amplified.

Taeyang didn’t deserve someone who would be his death, maybe Yoona and Taeyang would  be the perfect match. They were both unbelievably gorgeous Lycans from pure and original families, and if they ever had children…they’d be just as good looking and powerful as their parents.

But you were selfish, you didn’t want to let Taeyang go. Not to mention the gruesome images of Taeyang and his torn heart had plagued your mind endlessly.

Sighing, you gave Yoona a friendly hug. “Don’t worry, you will find someone who is worthy of your time.”

For a moment Yoona didn’t hug you back, then she did. She’d never had a true friend before, all the female Lycans in her acquaintance were not her real friends, but those she could brag about her new life being mated and vice versa.

“Thanks ~~~~~~ ah,” she pulled away. “So a present for GD huh? What’s he into?”

You laughed. “Anything really.”

“Are you going to get Taeyang anything too?” Yoona asked, freezing in your spot you stared at her frantically.

“What?” you squeaked in a panic.

“It’s Taeyang’s birthday, in 2 days. The day before GD’s, how did you not know this?” Yoona joked, but you were going into a frenzy.

“Oh my god! I have to find him a gift,” you grabbed her hand and dragged Yoona around the shop, searching for something Taeyang would like. Nothing caught your eye.

“You know, he probably doesn’t even want a present.”

“Don’t be silly. Everyone likes presents,” you argued back.

“I’m serious. Taeyang’s father never gave him any gifts when it was his birthday, instead he would whip Taeyang to see how much pain he could take as he got older.”

Your throat became thick and tears clouded your vision, you sniffed.

“How did he stand it?”

Yoona shrugged. “I have no idea. Taeyang is stronger than his father and Jaesu knows it. It’s his way of beating down the strength, making Taeyang feel that he is worthless and nothing. It’s kind of sad really.”

You let out an exasperated breath. “Kind of sad? It’s so sad; Taeyang doesn’t even think he’s worthy to be friends with any of us!”

Yoona gave you a pointed stare. “We weren’t raised like human children ~~~~~~ ah, but as animals. Human rules and morals do not apply to us, we all have had a hard upbringing. We have so many expectations to live up to.”

 And then you realised, Lycans were nothing more than humans with fur. They claimed to be more superior but they wanted the same things humans did, desired the same things…doesn’t that make them human?

“It’s just…I’ve seen the scars on his back. I want to cry every time I see them, they’re just so…horrible,” you breathed out. “How could anyone do that to their own son?”

“He gets used to it. As much as I hate to admit this, he’s much better when he’s with you,” Yoona said kindly.

You were about to answer when two guys approached you both.

“You have got to be kidding me,” you hissed to yourself, ready to change forms.

“Sorry but did it hurt?” one guy asked, it seemed to be a question you and Yoona could answer both.

“Hurt?”

“Did it hurt, you know? When you fell from heaven?” the guys snickered and gave each other looks, you wanted to laugh at their stupidity. They acted as if they had been the first ones to say it. Ever. Which was kind of worrying.

Rolling your eyes, you walked out of the shop. “Not interested. Come on Yoona.”

You led her out of the shop and onto the streets, but she wasn’t by your side but slightly behind you. You giggled and rolled your eyes as you watched Yoona blow a kiss at the two men.

 You led her down an alley, a shortcut to the shopping centre.

“Wow, guys are just so brainless,” you said chuckling to yourself, you expected Yoona to join in but instead her face was very serious. “What’s wrong?”

“I couldn’t smell them,” she said.

“Well, some people do wash you know,” you teased, but Yoona shook her head.

“No, I meant I couldn’t smell them.”

“I really don’t like getting rejected,” a voice said behind you, you turned around but no one was there. Your heart pounding, you tried to use your Lycan senses, but you were still getting used to them. Also, since you were only half, it wasn’t as good as the others so you sometimes missed things. Like not being able to smell certain things.

“You’re what Jaesu is after? You’re nothing but a scrawny ,” another voice rang out loud and clear. Yoona growled and flicked her hair over her shoulder. As her eyes darted from one side of the alley to the other, sensing where the guys kept on disappearing to. You had to give it to them, they were fast.

“This is so cliché,” she said amused. “I swear these guys are horror movie rejects.”

You couldn’t believe she was so calm, you could both die tonight and she was going to die being…sarcastic?!

Suddenly the two guys from the shop appeared, and now it was obvious they were Lycans. They possessed that inhuman beauty and grace, their eyes shone that strange colour and the heat from their bodies reverberated through yours.

“Watch your tongue female,” one growled. Yoona laughed, and she began taking off her jewellery. Very expensive looking jewellery.

“No one tells me what to do,” she said then turned into her Lycan form. The other two guys followed suit and their clothes shredded from their bodies as they leapt into the air and pounced at Yoona.

You were surprised at her strength, mind you, she is an original.

“Come on ~~~~~ ah, change already,” you whispered anxiously to yourself. Letting the heat spread through your body you too changed to your Lycan form, one of the male Lycans saw you and charged at you.

*Say goodbye girly* his voice echoed in your mind, you dodged him and swiped your claw viciously across his shoulder. A strange surge of power shot through your entire body, you had never felt anything like it. It was raw, overwhelming and incredible.

 Sprinting to help Yoona, you bit into the other Lycans leg and shook him away.

*Yoona! Look, I’m doing it!* you projected your thoughts into her mind. Everything was much easier in Lycan form, now you could smell much more efficiently but Yoona was right. These Lycans smelt of nothing whatsoever.

*I’m impressed* she aimed her thoughts to you, though she sounded a little out of breath.

You were about to reign the heat in, when the Lycan you swiped with your claw came running at you again. One side was coated entirely with blood, the pungent stench of it made you retch slightly. Sometimes, these heightened senses !

*Get that one, I’ll get this idiot* Yoona growled in your mind, you heard her head off.

The Lycan charged at you with a speed so fast that it should have been nothing more than a blur, but your Lycan eyes took in everything.

You let out a roar and bit into the Lycans leg, you heard it whine in pain and anger. Just as you thought you were winning, the Lycan bit into you hard. It shook its head intensifying the pain that washed over your body.

Kicking the Lycan in the snout with your hind leg, you ran to catch your breath but you lost control of the heat and you turned back into your human form. and bleeding. Just like Taeyang when you first met him.

“Need help?” a woman asked. She was short and had clear flawless skin, you covered your body but she was more interested in the Lycan who was switching between forms. She didn’t even look shocked, so she has to know…about everything.

“Here,” the woman ran a hand across your body but not touching, and clothes materialised on your skin. Amazed at what she had done, she must only be one thing. A witch.

“Stay in your human form, you will be able to command magic much better in human form,” the woman ordered then she rushed off to help Yoona, who was winning in a viscous battle.

The guy who was now in human form staggered towards you, he held his fists up and grinned at you pretentiously.

Pissed off to the max, you fought him just as you were taught. You snarled and struck out at him, he met your punches with experienced blocks despite his injury.

“You just ruined my plans on getting laid tonight,” the man hissed as you blocked his kick to you side. You raised an eyebrow.

“And I really don’t care,” you said unguarded, then the man grabbed your arm and twisted it making you yell out in pain. Then spun you against his body, your back to his front, your arm behind your back in a tight grasp.

He breathed you in. “It’s a shame your going to die. I could have fun with you before killing you.”

You clenched your teeth. “Sorry to be a buzz kill, but I would rather drink bleach than spend a night with you.”

You rammed the back of your head into his nose, making him lose his grip on your arm. You round house kicked him, and punched him in the side, in the face wherever you could reach.

He was on the ground but you were far from being done, a rage so powerful consumed you and you couldn’t think clearly. You were so…angry.

You leaned over him and imagined a dagger in your hand; you pulled your arm back then released it forward with all your strength. The man jerked forwards as you plunged a dagger into his chest, the same dagger you used to carve out Taeyang’s heart.

Petrified at what you had done, you stumbled away from the dead body dropping the dagger from your hand.

What have you done…

=====

Hope you all liked :D <33