Family

Midnight

You stared at the limp body before you, you hugged your knees close to your chest as you stared and stared. His arm ravaged by an animal…ravaged by you.

“~~~~~ ah!” you heard Yoona call your name, but you gave no indication that you heard her.

“I killed him. I killed him,” you repeated over and over to yourself, the horror of the scene registering in your mind. You wanted to cry but no tears would form, you wanted to scream but the effort was too great so you ended up not speaking unless it was necessary.

You felt a hand on your shoulder, squirming away you pushed yourself up, taking the dagger as you went, and held it out defensively.

Yoona backed away instantly with the woman. “Whoa, ~~~~~ ah. It’s just me; I’m not going to hurt you.”

Her words slowly sunk in, and you lowered the dagger till the unfamiliar woman took a step towards you.

She backed away again. “I’m not going to do anything. Just let me look at your leg please, it looks bad. The scent of your blood will attract more Lycans and in your current condition you may not survive.”

Yoona put an arm around you. “It’s okay ~~~~~~~ ah, she’s here to help. Relax.”

Though you were still trembling, you allowed the woman to tend to your aching leg. She lifted the material up and exposed your wrecked skin, your breath in you looked away.

“Oh god, I think I can see the bone,” you whimpered as you took short and sharp breaths in and out to calm yourself, since you had been studying to become a doctor you didn’t think injuries such as this could affect you this way.

You guessed because the injury was on you, you looked at it from a whole new different perspective.

Yoona gagged  a little as she saw the injury. “I can smell the blood, it’s already getting infected. A Lycan's bite can kill a Witch, and with you being a hybrid...I don't know what the effects will be," Yoona explained.

You looked at the woman. “A-Are you a Witch?” you asked hesitantly. "Will you be able to heal this?"

The woman gave you a small smile. “I am a Witch and I know about your existence, this wound will be tricky to heal due to your Witch half but the Lycan half of you is fighting."

You saw Yoona expel a breath of relief, you winced when the woman touched your leg. She seemed calm being in Yoona's presence.

"And to answer your question, no, I do not completely dislike Lycans. Otherwise I would not be here right now.”

“How did you know what I about to ask? Can you read thoughts?” you asked. She shook her head.

“No, but you looked like you were itching to ask me and I just guessed right.”

Yoona growled at her. “You saved me therefore I’m allowing you to live. Now make yourself useful and heal her, otherwise you face death,” she commanded in a powerful tone of voice, which showed off her noble bloodline.

 You expected the Witch to be offended or argue back, but instead she laughed.

“All you Lycans are the same, whenever you lose control of the situation you resort to death threats.”

Yoona snorted. “~~~~~ ah is injured. If she doesn’t survive, we will all face Jaesu’s wrath that he did not get her blood. Adding onto that is the fury of Taeyang and GD, they would kill me if they found out I got ~~~~~ ah injured…can you imagine what they would do to me if she died?”

You shook you head fiercely at her. “I won’t let them kill you because of me, especially since it wasn’t your fault. It was those Lycans.”

You stopped and looked at the Lycan you had killed; his blood was on your hand, figuratively and literally. You had killed somebody…you felt ill at the thought.

Yoona curled her lip. “How the was I not able to smell them?”

The Witch sighed. “Lycans cannot hide their scent from their own race. Unless of course…they are half Witch,” she gave you a piercing stare before she carried on. “Or, they have a Witch masking their scent for them. It is the only way.”

You felt your mouth drop open. “A Witch working for the Lycans? Is there such a thing?”

“It is possible, but among our kind, we rarely speak of having a truce with the Lycans. They are the enemies,” the woman explained.

“We have to tell everyone else,” you said. You tried to stand up but failed as you hissed in pain, your leg hurt so bad you thought you would be sick from the pain. “Why can’t I heal myself? GD oppa said I could do these things.”

The Witch laughed lightly. “You are still learning about your powers, and you’re hurt. So your powers are too unstable at the moment, with more training you will be able to control them more.”

You winced. “How long till I have full control over them?”

“It’s different for each Witch or Warlock, some as short as a year. Some…centuries.”

“Centuries?!” you repeated in a shrill voice. “We don’t have centuries, Jaesu is after me and the people I love now. He will use anyone I care about against me, I need to learn immediately!” you said stubbornly, trying to stand up but this time Yoona was the one who kept you down.

“Sit down ~~~~~ ah!” she growled. “You cannot waltz around with a bleeding leg, right now this alley reeks of you. We’re lucky no one else has found us.

“Do not worry Lycan, I have cast a spell around us, cocooning her scent so only you are able to smell her,” the Witch said. “Now please stay still, and let me heal your leg.”

You stayed completely still as her cool hands wrapped around your leg, close to the wound.

She spoke out an incantation, instantly your leg burnt and you bit down tightly on your tongue as the roaring fire inside you centred on your leg. Yoona held your shoulders, trying to keep your squirming to a minimum.

You let out a howl of pain and beads of sweat rolled down your cheeks.

As soon as the Witch pulled away, the heat disappeared and you looked down at your leg in amazement. There was no wound on there whatsoever, not a scar or anything but the blood.

“There, it is healed. However you will need to take it easy, you will be weak and make sure not to put too much pressure on your leg. It’s still tender,” the Witch said before she offered your hand and helped you up.

Yoona allowed you to use her as a support.

“Thank you…” you trailed off remembering you didn’t even know her name. The Witch held out her hand for you to shake.

“Lee Hyori, my father was in the council. That’s how I know of your existence, centuries ago, a group of Lycans begged for the council’s protection for when you were born into your new life. The fools should have known that they wouldn’t succeed.”

You frowned. “Those ‘fool’s happen to be my family and friends.”

Hyori just waved it off. “We need to get out of here, this spell is not going to last much longer.”

You started to leave but your eyes travelled to the dead body again, dead by your hand. You were no better than them, you too were a killer.

“~~~~~ ah! Come on!” Yoona said pulling on your arm.

“I killed someone Yoona,” you whispered. “How could I have done that to someone?”

“He was a pig and he deserved it. You were only surviving, it’s the animal inside of you,” she said. “Now come on, we have to go. Quickly, we have to tell the others and warn them. More may be coming.”

You hated to admit it but Yoona was right, more would definitely be coming once Hyori had lifted the masking spell.

“Okay, let’s go.”

You tried to run but just as Hyori had warned, your leg screamed out in agony as it took your entire weight, you stopped and but your lip praying you wouldn’t cry.

“I-I can’t run, I can walk but you will have to bear with me,” you mumbled as you straightened up. Sighing Yoona put your arm around her frail shoulders and pulled you along the road.

“Witch, couldn’t you have done a better job of healing her?” Yoona growled as people watched the two of you in suspicion, though Yoona looked unscathed her hair was a mess and her clothes – which she had put back on – were slightly ripped and dirty. Bad day to wear white, was all you could think of.

Hyori sneered. “Don’t push me Lycan, I am here because of the girl. I am not bound to help scum like you. Now get moving, you are causing a stir in the crowd,” she said as she pushed your back hurrying you.

Almost pushed into the car, Yoona slammed the door shut then scurried to the drivers side.

“Don’t you want the keys?” you asked, but the engine revved loudly. You gasped and glanced back at Hyori. “Was that you?”

“I can command many things, I thought we had established that?” she joked, laughing lightly you shook your head.

“You showed me, you didn’t tell me.”

Yoona put the car in reverse. “Buckle up people.”

-

-

-

You got out of the car limping but not because of your leg, but because you were sure you had pulled a muscle from Yoona’s driving. You had been tensed in your seat throughout the entire journey, jumping or shrieking every time she did something dangerous.

“Oh come on! Was it really that bad?” Yoona asked as she watched you take slow scared steps towards Taeyang's home, though in all honesty you were glad you were on solid ground.

“Who the hell does 60 m/ph around a corner?” you muttered to yourself. “Oh yeah that’s right, Yoona has a death wish. If she wants to die, at least make sure she’s by herself.”

“Yah! I heard that!” she protested as Hyori opened the door with her thoughts, just as she did all the Lycans in the house jumped up ready for battle. “Whoa! Calm down, it’s just us.”

GD sneered at Hyori. “What have you done?!"

You looked behind you sheepishly. “Just one small addition, but she’s really not a danger. Hyori is a Witch.”

Jaejoong growled at Hyori, his entire body waiting for his Lycan form.

“We can see that. Do you know what having a Witch in our company is going to do to us?” Jaejoong asked in a cold voice.

Frowning you hobbled into Taeyang’s house. “I’m here aren’t? I’d say my company is far more dangerous than Hyori’s.”

Remi rolled her eyes in disappointment. “You exchanged names? ~~~~~~ ah, why are you careless? I swear those Witches we met centuries ago would tell you how much like your father you are, if only you had your mother’s cautious genes.”

You opened your mouth to answer back, but Hyori interrupted.

“I am not here to kill anyone, in fact, it’s quite the opposite. I’m here to help you,” she said in a loud voice that held everyone’s attention.

The Lycans shuffled, not sure what to believe. Taeyang however cut through the people and cradled you in his arms, he soothed the pain that was attacking your body. Smiling you kissed his cheek.

“What happened? Why did you bring a Witch home?” he asked in a light tone of voice. Carelessly, you answered his question.

“Two male Lycans found us, we got into a fight.”

As soon as the words were out, you regretted them instantly. *Why the hell did I tell him that?!*

Just as you guessed he ripped himself away from you, his face clouded with rage and the true beast inside Taeyang was on the brink of being unleashed.

“Yoona!” he yelled and charged towards her, but you put yourself in his way.

“Oppa! Stop! She didn’t do anything, Yoona was helping me.”

It didn’t help him calm down at all. “Well, I will kill those who did hurt you.”

Again you stopped him. “There’s no need. They’re already dead.”

Taeyang scoffed angrily, you’d never seen him this mad before. It was kind of…frightening. You missed the brooding but kind and composed Taeyang.

“Yoona is strong, but she would have come home far more injured had she fought off two fully grown male Lycans. I’m not stupid, and a Witch would never help another Lycan in battle unless there was something in it for them,” Taeyang said logically.

Hyori unaffected by the groups rude introduction, spoke out loud. “Lycans…forever stupid.”

You felt an unfamiliar wave of irritation and protectiveness wash over you. “Yah! He’s my mate,” you ignored the way Hyori’s eyes widened. “And who said Yoona fought them off by herself?”

It took a full minute before it finally sunk into Taeyang’s mind. He watched as your face contorted with pain and guilt, and then he understood fully. You had killed one of the Lycans.

He hugged you tight. “I’m so sorry ~~~~~~ ah. I should have been with you.”

Kissing the top of your head, he hugged you soothingly.

"You two are mated?!" Hyori choked out. "This is more complicating than I had imagined, what were you thinking?!"

GD rolled his eyes. "They weren't."

You and Taeyang looked guilty but did not regret your decision one bit, you rubbed your mating mark and pursed your lips.

Hyori cursed and ran a hand through her hair. "This is going to be difficult."

Suddenly, she was surrounded by Daesung, Seung Ri and TOP.

“What do you want to do with the Witch?” Seung Ri asked, holding Hyori’s hands behind her back. She stood casually in the centre, not all perturbed that a group of Lycans – her natural born enemies – were surrounding her.

“I’m here to protect the girl,” she said, “And like I said earlier, I’m here to help.”

TOP arched a brow at her. “And why is that? I’ve never heard a Witch help a Lycan before.”

“Well you better get used to it, Jaesu now commands dozens of Witches. In other words…you are all certainly dead. I’m just here to make sure you all live longer.”

Jaejoong's frown deepened. "That's impossible, he can't have Witches. They are our enemies, he would have told me."

"Well you better get used to the idea sweetheart," Hyori said sarcastically. "Not only are my race and yours 'friends', together they make one hell of a hunting party."

You swallowed. “He has Witches working for him? Why?”

“He makes false promises to them, little one,” Hyori said wisely.

TOP shuffled uncomfortable as Hyori's gaze fell on him. As if he expected her to blast him.

"I'm not litte," TOP whispered quietly to himself, even though others heard him say it.

“I don’t buy it, there has to be another reason,” Jaejoong said. “Why are you here Witch? Tell the truth now, or we will force it out of you. No one harms my friends or their mates on my watch.”

You wanted to speak on Hyori’s defence, the poor woman had done nothing wrong. However, Hyori let out a deep sigh and spoke.

“Yes there is another reason. ~~~~~~ ah is my niece.”  

=======

Yet another cliffhanger and twist :L Hope you liked the chap :D

Oh I've reached over 2000 views!!! Aha, sorry, I get exicted everytime I see it go up :L Anywho, thanks to all my readers and to those who comment :D Silent readers comment too :D <33