The beginning: Part 2

Midnight

You felt as if someone had just pulled you out from the deep depths of murky water, and you took in a large gasp of air.

You stared at Taeyang. There was no denying the attraction. You had loved him…in your past life. How did you not remember him? How did he not remember you? You felt the strange urge to run to him and hug him tightly, to kiss him with passion but with the others watching it would have been rude and inappropriate.

Taeyang gazed at you, now knowing why he couldn’t hurt you. Why he couldn’t betray you and why he would die for you, he had loved you before. And he would love you again, even if he died this time. He will make sure you live.

“W-We were in love?” your hand pointed back and forth from you and Taeyang, GD nodded with a grim expression.

“From what Ji Hoon’s people tell me, your love was love at first sight,” GD said, he remembered venturing off to find your father’s people. After your parents had been slaughtered mercilessly Ji Hoon’s people ran into hiding, putting up spells to avoid the Lycanthropes searching for them.

The Lycanthropes came up with a ludicrous idea that Ji Hoon had put an ‘infatuation spell’ on Jia. No matter how powerful the Witch or Warlock, no one can make someone love them.

Taeyang looked off into space, as if not quite believing it. He would have remembered falling in love with someone like you, in his entire life he had known nothing but cruelty and hatred. If you had brought love into his life, then he would have remembered you.

He growled in frustration as an aching headache attacked him, digging through his memories was apparently not something his mind would allow. He felt as if someone had struck him hard repeatedly on the head.

Taeyang finally spoke. “How is it that neither of us remember any of this? I swear to god if you’re making this up I will-…”

“None of this would have happened if you had kept it in your ing pants in the first place,” GD barked back, you saw his body tremble as if he was about to transform. You mentally commanded him to calm down, and soon enough he did.

You stared at him in amazement. Did you do that? Maybe not, maybe it was just a coincidence but you felt a strange sensation in your palm. A tingling sensation, but that could just be because Taeyang was close to you.

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Okay, now that the testosterone battle is done can you please get to the real story? I haven’t heard anything this juicy before.”

You shook your head at Yoona’s attitude towards all this, she was definitely not taking any of this seriously.

“I’m not too sure on the details actually,” GD confessed. When you and Taeyang frowned and glared at him at the same time he held his hands up in surrender. “Well excuse me for thinking that you two hooking up in the past was a idea. I was traumatised enough that a Lycan and a Warlock fell in love and had a child, I couldn’t take all the weirdness of it anymore.”

Taeyang flipped him off, surprisingly GD took it casually.

“I assure you. The feeling is mutual.”

Remi slapped him lightly on the back of the head, you swore GD was about to snap but since it was Remi he held it together. He was completely hopeless around her, his ferocious temper never scared her but only irked her own.

“Would you stop. You’re acting like a bloody idiot,” Remi rolled her eyes. “I guess I’ll have to tell the story, since I paid attention to every single detail,” she boasted proudly then turned her gaze to meet yours.

“Is it as bad as I think it is?” you asked, Remi paused as she deliberated on her answer.

She sighed. “It really depends on how you view it, we…” she pointed to herself and the others excluding Yoona, “we think it was bad from the beginning. However you and Taeyang might see it differently.”

From the corner of your eye you saw Taeyang smile lightly, you didn’t know why but you felt the need to dance in happiness. Maybe it was the fact that you knew that once upon a time, he was yours and you were his and thinking about it made you want to kiss him all the more.

You didn’t find it that hard to believe that you and Taeyang could have fallen in love, it would be easy to love someone like him. He was so selfless and protective it made your head spin but most importantly it made your heart swell happily that he was doing it because he did care, but what happened to the two of you in your past life? What happened that you both forgot?

It seems like Yoona was thinking on the same path as you.

“I don’t understand, if they had this oh so amazing love, how is it that they don’t remember each other? Did it happen before Taeyang’s injury?” Yoona asked, as if she listening to the most interesting gossip.

You felt your mouth curve into a small smile at the female Lycan, Yoona’s personality was infectious and it certainly brought a change to the sullen mood GD seemed to drag around recently. Where was your fun, loving and inappropriate cousin when you need him the most?

Then it hit you. “You were injured?”

Taeyang nodded, then pulled his shirt up. At first you stared at his muscled chest, his skin flawless and inviting. You had to sit on your hands to make sure they didn’t involuntarily wander over his bare chest, but it wasn’t a bad thought…

Then you saw it. The scar that lay across the left side of his chest, hovering above where his heart lay. You gasped; the scar looked deep and painful. How had he survived it?

Taeyang winced as he watched your expression slowly contort into a horrified one, he felt disgusted with himself. *Why the hell did I show her?* When would he ever learn, that humans were too fragile for his world.

*But she’s not human* a voice in his mind argued, Taeyang tried to deny it but he couldn’t. He had heard the truth himself, with others to witness your heritage.

*You’re afraid that your father will hurt her* the voice guessed correctly. Taeyang ground his teeth together, of course he was afraid. To see you in pain of any sort cut through him like a knife to his very soul.

He quickly covered his body again. “I’m sorry ~~~~~ ah, I had no right to show you. You wouldn’t want to see something as revolting as that.”

You took his handsome face gently into your hands, placing a chaste kiss on his deliciously soft lips. Seriously you could kiss them all day, but that didn’t shock you. What shocked you was that Taeyang found himself unworthy and hideous.

How could he find himself so sickening when he had shown you nothing but kindness. You knew the answer to that question. No one had told him he was worthy, the scars on his back and chest proved your point. It broke your heart to see someone as beautiful and handsome as Taeyang could be treated so horribly.

He had pushed you away in the past, and even now his arms were raised slightly and elbows bent in a defensive manner. He was hiding himself from the world, someone with a heart like Taeyang shouldn’t be in the shadows but at the front shining.

You smiled at him. “Don’t you ever think of it as revolting. Ever. You are from it oppa.”

He treasured the endearing term. God he was making the biggest mistake in his life.

He was falling in love with you. Again!

But he refused to acknowledge it, he will not get you killed this time around. It was hard to concentrate with your soft touch, so he gently cradled your hands in his and looked at you sincerely. Hiding the regret and anguish.

“Thank you ~~~~~ ah.”

Daesung cleared his throat loudly, making you both turn your heads.

“Sorry,” Daesung apologised, though he didn’t look apologetic.

You rolled your eyes and faced Remi. Taeyang expected you to let go of his hand, but you held on tight. He closed his eyes and savoured your silky skin against his, he was going to miss this. Even if these memories hurt him, he would treasure them. They would remind him that someone did love him, and offered him a haven.

“Are you ready?” Remi asked with a hint of sarcasm. You nodded.

“So how do I not remember my past life?”

This time it was Seung Ri who answered. “Reincarnated souls do not remember their past lives at all. However, if a soul has been reincarnated and the soul’s outer form was similar in the past life then flashes can happen but it’s extremely rare. Since your new outer form is different to the one in your past life, you will not recall anything.”

You stared dumbfounded at him. Wow, Seung Ri actually sounded…smart.

“Then is that why I do not remember seeing ~~~~~~ ah? Because in this life she looks different?” Taeyang asked. Remi shook her head and cringed.

“We will get onto that later. But first, let’s start from the beginning.”

You sat up straighter, and everyone else shuffled closer to Remi. An outsider would have thought that it would have been some sort of warped version of story circle time, and in a way it was.

You took a deep breath. “Yes. Will you tell us everything?”

Remi crossed her legs. “Everything I know, you will know too. It all began when…”

*1013 – 1 year after your birth*

Jia stood over a crib, humming a soft tune to a baby you. She then looked around the small cottage deep into the woods, where a jug of ale and a bowl of berries were scattered on the wooden table. 

“Who’s 1 years old today? Who’s 1 years old today?” Jia cooed and then she couldn’t resist anymore. Scooping you gently into your arms, she kissed you lightly on the head. “My beautiful angel. You got your beautiful genes from your father,” Jia nuzzled your nose with hers. You let out a high pitched giggle.

“Well, I would disagree,” Ji Hoon murmured suddenly from behind. Jia laughed and looked at her Warlock husband, even now his handsomeness still left her breathless.

“Are you trying to say that you do not possess these good looks I speak of?” Jia teased. Ji Hoon smirked and made his way towards his wife and baby daughter, he cradled Jia from behind but his eyes were on you.

Ji Hoon pulled the blanket down, to stare at you in wonder.

“No, I was trying to say that our wonderful and beautiful daughter inherited her beauty from her mother,” Ji Hoon whispered. Skilfully, he turned Jia in his arms so you were in between them. He leaned down and kissed your forehead, the love in his eyes made Jia want to cry.

She knew he would be a brilliant father and everything he did was right. She wished her own father was like Ji Hoon, but thinking about him always made her angry and disappointed so she tended to push those thoughts away.

Jia ran her hand along Ji Hoon’s sculpted jaw, she wanted to laugh as this simple action would have disgusted her in the past. Now she craved to be near him.

Ji Hoon took you into his arms. “Your Umma and I love you very much ~~~~~ ah.”

Jia smiled. Ji Hoon gazed down at her, then kissed her on the lips deeply.

“Thank you,” she whispered when he pulled away.

“For what?”

Jia shrugged. “For coming into my room that night. For giving me a life I never thought I would have. I live in a cottage away from the suffocating rules of my people, I have a husband I truly love and together we have a beautiful daughter. Thank you, for giving me everything.”

Ji Hoon gave you one last gentle hug, then put you back into your crib to let you sleep, then turned to face his wife.

“I love you Jia, ever since I saw you crying by the lake that day. I will love you forever,” he said as he showered her with blissful kisses. Jia wrapped her arms around his neck and breathed in his masculine scent, that made her want to take a bite out of him.

“And I love you.”

Ji Hoon’s eyes turned wicked. “Want to make daughter number two?”

Jia laughed and lightly slapped his arm. “Yah! Besides, why another daughter?”

He grinned. “Well we know we can make a beautiful daughter right? Besides, another girl is bound to take after your looks.”

“But all the males of any species will be attracted to them,” Jia reminded him. Ji Hoon paused for a moment and then cringed.

“Remind me that I need to put a Chastity spell on ~~~~~ ah, and it can only be broken when she reaches Lycanthrope adulthood.”

Jia slapped at him again. “Would you really do that?”

“Only if it means it will keep our daughter safe,” then he picked his wife up and headed towards the bedroom.

-

-

-

*1045 *

“Give these to your Appa ~~~~~ ah. He will need them for his weak joints,” your father’s relatives teased. Laughing you nodded and took the herb mix from them and carefully stowed it in your woven basket. 

“I promise to give them to him. Oh and Umma says you should stop with the ale, it’s bad for you.”

A relative snorted. “Those Lycans eh, just because they are immune to it. They are missing out on the best thing in life,” his tone was teasing and light hearted.

At first Ji Hoon’s family were against his relationship with a Lycan but time allowed them to grow a liking for Jia, and now they badgered Ji Hoon continuously about bringing Jia for a Witch festival of some sort.

“Well I better go. Bye.”

You hugged your wrap around your shoulders as you trekked through the forest, your dark hair was pinned up and your basket hung on your arm. You lifted the hem of your skirt up as you crossed a rivulet.

“What did I tell you?” you heard a grumbling sound behind you. Gasping you whirled to find your father standing with his arms crossed, his frown deepening with every second that passed by.

“Appa, I know these woods like the back of my hand,” you said as you began to calm down. Ji Hoon sighed and his arms went back down to his sides. His face was still as youthful as ever, but frown lines began to stay permanently on his forehead. Frown lines that you caused.

“~~~~~ ah that’s not the point. I gave you that medallion so you can contact us when you move locations. What if you are taken and we don’t know where you last were so we are unable to track you?”

He had a fair point. You hated it when your father did this, but you knew it was for your protection. Because of what you are, your mother and father took precautions.

Your mother and father were kind parents, not once had they ever raised a voice to you. Even when you accidentally let the cattle escape when you were only 5 in human years. They just hugged you till you stopped crying, in fact your father laughed at it.

They gave you so much love it was overwhelming, but you would never wish for different parents. However the hormones were raging and you wanted to argue back just a little.

“Appa, I’m old enough to know not to get myself into danger,” you said calmly but the moment the words were out you regretted them. You could feel an argument brewing, and honestly, you didn’t want to argue with your father.

They had given up so much for you; your mother gave up a life of power for a life of love. Your father risked being caught and executed for your mother, you had always wondered if love like that will ever exist for you. Will it come to you? Or will you have to go in search for it, like your father?

Ji Hoon sighed again. It was a sign that he was preparing one of his speeches, which you either found amusing or moving.

“~~~~~~ ah, you may be 33 in human years, but in Lycanthrope years you are still a child,” Ji Hoon said. He conjured an old hand mirror out of nowhere for you to look into, you couldn’t disagree with him even if you wanted to.

You stared into the face of a 10 year old. No human would believe you were considered an adult in their years, Lycanthropes aged slowly but their mental state remained as if it were human. A 7 year old Lycanthrope will have the same amount of knowledge and intelligence as a 25 year old human. Scary thing that.

You tried to make the mirror go away with your own powers, but the power of the Lycanthrope in your blood obstructed some of the flow of the magic. To add to the frustration, your father refused to teach you magic till you had reached the teenage years according to Lycanthropes. Your mother agreed, so you wielded magic untrained.

It would come out unexpectedly, breaking several ornaments in the cottage.

“You’re right Appa. I was reckless and thoughtless, I promise to never do it again,” you apologised as you handed the mirror back to him so he could command it to disappear with his godly powers.

Ji Hoon’s face softened and then pulled you in for a father and daughter hug. If he lost you or your mother Jia, he would lose the will to live. You and your mother were his family and he would not hesitate to kill anyone that tries to endanger you or your mother.

“I’m sorry. I was overreacting, it’s just you’re so young ~~~~~~ ah. And there are people who would hurt you for a futile reason, the power you have in you is unimaginable to even your mother and me. Some will do anything to possess that power…” Ji Hoon trailed off as anger drowned him.

Jia’s Lycanthrope family and allies would die to have ~~~~~ ah’s powers. It’s why Jia patrolled the woods at night, and Ji Hoon had put spells around their cottage for protection. They would never risk their daughter’s safety. Ever.

“I know. You and Umma have done so much for me, the least I could do is listen to simple instructions. I should be the one apologising,” you said.

Ji Hoon smiled and grinned down at you. “I knew we raised you right. Come on let’s go home, your Umma will be wondering what happened to us.”

“Oh, they told me to give you this,” you handed the herbs to him, then smirked. “It’s supposed to help your old and creaky joints.”

Ji Hoon snorted. “I’m not old.”

“Race you home Appa?” you urged him teasingly. Ji Hoon rubbed his hands together, his competitiveness showing.

“Bring it.”

-

-

-

A dark castle sat handsomely on a hill, its stone walls let in the night’s cold breeze but the occupiers did not care for the icy nights of December.

A man who looked like he was in his late thirties strode down a long, medieval hallway. His long black cloak trailing behind him, as he made his way down to the dungeons.

The man had well chiselled features that would be heartbreakingly gorgeous, if a snarl wasn’t set into his lips. His black hair was long and pulled back into a ponytail, exposing lethal eyes that were ready to kill anyone who looked at him the wrong way.

The man slowly descended down into the castle, making his way to the dungeons.

“Get out of my way,” the man snarled at his guards, who quickly scuttled away from him.

He stopped by a door, and he peered inside.

“Where is he?” he hissed at a guard.

The guard bowed. “Jaesu ssi, he has gone to do his private business, accompanied by a guard. He will be back shortly.”

Just then, a young boy walked through the dungeon doors. Weak and beaten badly, he limped as his leg was raw from pain. His right eye was swollen and surrounded by a black bruise that covered almost the entire right side of his face. His torn shirt was dirty, and the back was coated with fresh blood. His long hair fell into his eyes, hiding the fear and terror in them.

Jaesu growled at the sight of the boy, who was in obvious pain. “You disgust me.”

Taeyang fell to his knees. “Forgive me Appa, for not retrieving the thief. It was my mistake, and my mistake alone.”

Jaesu struck him hard across his cheek; Taeyang flew to the side his limbs screaming out in pain. He wanted to cry, but his father would have beaten him more if he did. He had to show no weakness.

“You should have been a ing girl. Any Lycan would be ashamed to have you as their son, the heir to their kingdom,” Jaesu grabbed a fistful of the young Taeyang’s hair, and pulled his head back. “How could someone as powerful as me, bear something as revolting as you?”

He shoved Taeyang back into the cell.

“Forgive me father…” Taeyang began, but Jaesu bought a whip down on his already bleeding back. This time Taeyang did cry out as the pain lacerated through his entire body, he wanted to die right now. The aching pain was too much for his young body to bear.

“Do not grovel,” Jaesu turned to the guards. “He is not to leave this cell. No one is to bring him food, and if he cries beat him hard, I refuse to acknowledge kindness. I will have a strong son, not one that shames my entire bloodline. I need a ruthless ruler, and I will make that foul thing in that cell turn into me. If anyone lets him out, I will geld them and feed it to them.”

Taeyang crawled to the corner of the cell, as he listened to his father openly discuss his disgust at his own son. Taeyang trembled from the beatings, his back hurt so much he thought he would be sick from it.

He had been asked to catch a thief, who stole his father’s female companion for the night. His mother had died mysteriously, but he knew better. Jaesu had murdered her in suspicion that she was fooling around with another Lycan, but she wasn’t.

Taeyang didn’t really care if she died; she was just as cruel as his father but her cruelty wasn’t on a daily basis like his father’s.

The sad thing was, he still wanted to prove himself to his father. That he was capable, he would have caught the thief had his father not broken his legs. Although they were healed, they were still sore and it hurt to put any weight on his legs so when his father ordered him to run after the thief, Taeyang could have cried in frustration for the pain to come.

Of course his legs couldn’t carry him far and the thief got away.

Jaesu always asked too much of his sun, barely 10 in Lycanthrope years Taeyang was still developing speed and strength. He was in no position to fight a fully grown Lycanthrope with hundreds of years of experience. It was like sending Taeyang out to his death, but Jaesu was clouded with injustice and wrong doings.

He had been bitter ever since his betrothed mate, Jia, ran away. Some say she ran away with another Lycan, some say she was with a human. But he knew better, the ran away with a Warlock. Jia betrayed her kind, and if he ever found her…he would kill her. And if she had a child with that piece of Warlock, he would kill their child in front of them.

Yes, revenge is sweet.

*1278*

A long 226 years had gone by, and you had watched humans die and humans born. But you had stayed young and youthful, in Lycan years you were 23 and at your prime beauty, strength, speed and you dreaded to think about it…ual prime.

“We will never force you to having a mate ~~~~~~ ah,” Jia told you comfortingly one night, you had worried about mating. You didn’t think you were ready and honestly you didn’t want to be mated to some pig headed idiot, you’d heard enough horror stories from your mother and her betrothed before she met your father.

One day you were heading to the river, you wanted to just sit and think. You had already used your medallion to inform your parents of your whereabouts, and they were fine with it.

You smiled when you saw the clearing, but you heard something. You froze and used your super hearing to listen, you could hear its short and shallow breaths. And the way it rustled through bushes, stepping on twigs. It obviously didn’t care about being caught.

You looked down at your dress. Woven for you by your mother, you hated to see it rip to shreds when you turned into your Lycanthrope form but if what you heard posed a threat to you…a ripped dress would be the least of your problems.

You crept towards the noise, and this time you could smell it. It smelt…wonderfully nice…and of blood. You tensed as you edged closer and closer, you rubbed your hands together ready if a spell is needed.

You crossed the thicket and gasped. A large black wolf was by the riverbank, a trail of blood led to the wolf. And you could hear the slow drip of the blood; you stood and watched for a few seconds. You didn’t know what to do, what if the wolf wasn’t injured but carried something injured or dead in its mouth? You hoped you were strong enough to not be sick.

But your worries were put to rest when the Lycan let out one moan and fell on its side, instantly tuning into a human. Your eyes widened as you realised it was a man…a man. But your eyes were drawn to the terrible unhealed scars in his back, some were still raw and painful. Some were nothing more than thick skin that cut across his back.

Without thinking you rushed to the man’s side, you gasped as you tried to turn him onto his back and in doing so your hand touched a fresh wound. It looked as if some animal had savagely bit into him, you guessed immediately that this Lycan was in a fight with another.

No other natural animal would have caused such a wound.

Not caring about the blood that was smeared over your entire hand, you wrapped him in your wrap and ripped a part of your dress. You winced as you did, sorry Umma, you thought.

Then without wasting time, you sprinted to the river and dipped the cloth into it. You put it on his brow for comfort and rubbed your hands together.

Holding them over his wound you closed your eyes and let the magic in you flow freely, with the help of your Warlock father, you were now able to wield magic effortlessly without the blood of the Lycan interrupting. You had learnt to conquer that draw back.

A bright light hovered over his wound, then disappeared. You smiled as you saw his flesh sew back together magically, but he would be scarred forever. Not to mention he would be weak from the blood loss.

You finally had the time to fully take in the stranger’s face. He was incredibly handsome, his lips parted and his jaw well chiselled and strong he was delectable. Not to mention he had the most gorgeous rump you had ever laid eyes on, and his chest was muscled and ripped.

You ran a hand down his face softly. “Wake up stranger.”

*Present day*

Taeyang frowned. “Are you telling me that this scar…” he lifted his shirt up, to show his side. “Was healed by ~~~~~ ah?”

Remi held her hands up. “Just telling you what I was shown.”

Taeyang gazed at you, even then you had been naïve and optimistic. He cupped your face and leaned his forehead against yours. “Thank you.”

You giggled. “I don’t remember any of this. Your thanks may not matter, but you are welcome. I can’t believe this is happening to me. I swear I will wake up tomorrow and wonder what I drank to give me this nightmare.”

“You better start believing little girl. Because it’s about to get worse,” a deep voice jeered from the door. All the Lycans excluding Yoona jumped up ready for battle, Taeyang and GD were at the front.

“Jeez calm down,” the voice said. Taeyang straightened up from his stance and stared at the man.

“Jaejoong?” Taeyang asked as if he couldn’t believe it.

An average height man came into view; his short blonde hair fell stylishly over his eyes. Was there a rule that all Lycanthropes had to be insanely good looking?

The man called Jaejoong laughed. “Dudes. You are in some serious ed up .”

=======

Yeah, long chap aha. And Jaejoong is in it ;) I miss DBSK so I thought, why not put a member in their :D Hope you liked the chap, and please, please...comment!!!!