Trouble

Midnight

The men all stood protectively in front of the women, their stances strong and firm as Woo Jin’s Lycans stared them down with their eerie yellow eyes.

Woo Jin stared past everyone else to glower at Yoona.

“I was surprised to come home from my holiday, to not find my mate in my bed warming it for my return,” he said arrogantly, and despite the situation, you understood where his arrogance originated from.

Woo Jin was handsome…in a sleazy sort of way. He had long hair, which was pulled back from his face. He wore a deep v-neck shirt that showed a tanned, ripped chest and he held a regal aura about him that warned people he was of some sort of royalty. Lycan royalty.

Yoona’s face turned into a disgusted expression, the colour in her cheeks returning.

“Yes it would have been warm, because I would have ed another Lycan in your bed, whilst I waited for your return,” she furiously quipped back.

Woo Jin’s lip twitched. “You ! I am your mate, how dare you be unfaithful to me. I will have you whipped when I drag your y back home.”

Yoona laughed. “Yes, because spending a weekend in a honeymoon suite is business. I must say I’m glad you were gone, that way I didn’t have to put up with your small .”

Woo Jin snarled. “You !”

Jaejoong pulled Yoona back behind him as she had unconsciously moved forwards in the heat of their argument.

“Do not push him Yoona. He has a dozen Lycans at his command,” Jaejoong muttered to her.

Woo Jin chuckled darkly. “Jaejoong, Lord Jaesu will certainly be pleased to add another head to his collection. Though it is such a shame to see a good hunter die.”

Jaejoong flipped him off.

“ you,” Woo Jin spat.

Jaejoong cringed. “You’re not really my type.”

Woo Jin lifted his fist, ready to allow his Lycans to attack but Taeyang stood at the front. He looked so powerful and authority bled from every pore on his body, at least Woo Jin had some sense to look frightened but he quickly replaced it with an arrogant grin.

“Dong Taeyang, I’m surprised to see you stand with these inferior buffoons,” Woo Jin said, his mocking gaze on GD and his gang.

“Yah!” Daesung snarled, but was held back by Remi. “I’m going to him up so bad,” Seung Ri hissed.

Woo Jin continued on. “What did they say to convince you? Or was it the Witch…did she cast one of her spells on you? Or are you just simply dim witted?”

Taeyang squared his shoulders. You hoped he wouldn’t say anything stupid.

“You think I’m scared of you and your group of ’s?” Taeyang taunted. You bit back a sigh, you shouldn’t have expected anything better from him.

Woo Jin laughed. “It’s better than your inbred pack.”

You had to say something about that!

“We are not inbreeds, you mindless tard.”

You were shocked at your use of language, but Woo Jin pissed you off to the point that you didn’t care what words you hurled at him. The more insulting, the better.

Instead of getting angry, Woo Jin’s eyes turned much more mischievous and a dark curiosity clouded his face.

“Ah…the mongrel. You have our Lord Jaesu waiting to bathe in your blood,” Woo Jin said bowing as if he was courting you. You heard Yoona sigh in disgust, but you tried to remain composed and civil.

“Tell your Lord that it is not my blood he will be bathing in, but his own. Because I will be the one who spills his blood,” you snapped back.

Taeyang cast you a warning glance, but you ignored it.

Woo Jin looked aghast at your outburst.

“How dare you speak of the Lord like that, in front of his son too.”

“Your Lord is a power hungry fool, who claims he is better than the human race, when in actual fact he is below humans.”

“~~~~~~ ah…” Jaejoong said in a warning tone, but Woo Jin now smirked.

“The Lord will like your feistiness; it will be a shame to kill you. I would have gladly taken you as my mistress,” Woo Jin eyes you up and down much to your disgust.

Taeyang stood in front of you protectively and glared at Woo Jin.

“Touch her and I will end your existence,” he snarled. As crazy as this sounds, you found the angry Taeyang quite…y. You loved the way his strength showed, the way he held his delicious mouth in such a way that made him look so…bad. Yes, you were definitely going crazy.

Woo Jin made a sound of approval. “What’s this I see? Defending the mongrel?”

Taeyang wrinkled his nose in disgust at the word. “~~~~~~ ah is not a mongrel.”

“~~~~~~ ah? I see you’ve gotten attached to the enemy. Oh! What’s this…”

Woo Jin was before you in a blink of an eye, he lifted your hair up and peered around you. His eyes focused on the mating mark on the back of your neck, he dropped your hair as if it was the most revolting thing he had ever touched.

*I would love to knee this in the groin. How does Yoona put up with this douche bag?!*

“Why Taeyang, I think this is by far…the lowest, shameful thing you’ve ever done. You should be killed for doing such an abominable act,” Woo Jin snarled mockingly. “You are mortifying to even look at!”

Taeyang looked down as Woo Jin used the words his father, Jaesu, had used to him in a public meeting. Taeyang had come out of a fight his own father had arranged, so that Taeyang could prove his strength. Taeyang won but only just, he’d been suffering major injuries before the fight but his father had insisted that they were nothing more than small scuffs and scratches. They had weakened Taeyang even more.

After the fight and Taeyang had won, the guards had thrown him into the court room where his father was holding a meeting with all the pure blooded families and their first sons. Woo Jin was there when Jaesu called his son weak, an embarrassment; mortifying to look at…hurtful words a father should never deliver to his son.

Fire coursed through your veins as Woo Jin’s insult at Taeyang rang loud and clear in your ears.

“How dare you say that! He’s done nothing wrong, you’re the one who’s mortifying to look at,” you shouted loudly, causing Woo Jin to step back in alarm.

The air around them rippled with power that you emitted. You imagined burning Woo Jin, and before you even knew it, he yelped in anger as smoke swirled out from under his coat. You’d burned a hole through his shirt, and a red bloody wound marked his tawny skin.

The look he gave you was so murderous, you didn’t know how you were still alive.

“You little ,” he lifted his hand to slap you, but Taeyang caught it fast.

“You just signed your death sentence. Prick,” with a force you didn’t even know existed, Taeyang shoved Woo Jin away with one powerful strike that sent him flying across the room. Woo Jin crashed through a wall into the kitchen. The other Lycans whimpered lightly, as if a new found respect for Taeyang surfaced. Yeah, damn right they should be scared!

You stared warily at Taeyang.

“You didn’t tell me you could do stuff like that,” you accused lightly. Taeyang’s hand skimmed your cheek, where Woo Jin was intending to strike. He would never let anyone hurt you, not on his watch.

“It  never came up, and I think you’re just as capable of doing such a thing,” then he turned to look at everyone else. “You all okay?”

“Apart from wanting to be the one to kick that ’…,” GD said shrugging. “I think I’m good.”

Taeyang nodded amused, then looked at Hyori. Before he could even ask a question, she spoke.

“Yes, I have put a muffling spell around your house. Whatever happens, no one will be able to hear.”

“Thank you.”

Taeyang locked arms with Jaejoong, in an ancient Lycan sign for ‘brother’s in battle’.

“Go forward without fear brother,” Taeyang said to Jaejoong, who knocked him gently on the shoulder.

“Don’t go all emotional on me, it makes me think we’re going to die, and we are not going to die.”

Just as he finished his sentence, Woo Jin slowly walked through the whole in the wall he created with his body. His clothes were covered in dust and rubble. He looked very pissed off.

“Attack those sons of es!” he roared, and the Lycans charged forward.

You let the heat spread through your entire body as you changed forms, the others followed suit except for Hyori, who conjured a striking sword. It’s hilt was covered in extravagant looking jewels that looked very old and very expensive.

It was a vicious scene. TOP and Seung Ri were fighting one large Lycan together, Daesung was on his own fighting off two. GD and Remi were working together as were Yoona and Jaejoong. Taeyang…was magnificent. His Lycan body was agile and muscular and powerful but you noticed a morbid grace to his aggressive moves. He was the predator books had described his entire race to be.

“~~~~~~ ah!” Hyori shouted as she slay one Lycan. “Behind you!”

One leapt at you, you swiped at it with your paw and Hyori finished it off.

“Come with me!” she said as she dragged you away. “You have to change back to your human form.”

You did. Then quickly covered your bare body with a nearby cushion.

“I can’t get any clothes,” you worriedly said.

Hyori shook your shoulders in an attempt to calm you down. “Picture yourself in clothes, feel the material on your skin.”

You did as you were told and soon enough clothes materialised onto your body. Awestruck you stared down at your arms, but Hyori called back your attention.

“We’re losing this fight,” Hyori said.

You poked your head around a corner and you saw that Woo Jin had more reinforcements than you thought, the others were struggling…terribly.

“Unnie, what do I do? I-I can’t help them.”

“I need you to be strong ~~~~~ ah,” she handed you the sword she used. “This sword was your father’s. He had cast a spell on it so that every blow it delivered injured a Lycan, and it stops their bodies from healing. Feel its power.”

Shutting your eyes, you allowed the power of the sword to surge through you. It was electrifying and frightening but it felt so…so right. To possess such a thing.

You opened your eyes.

Letting out a battle cry, you ran back into the room and fought back the Lycans. You scissor kicked one, and slugged another in the snout extremely hard.

One Lycan bared it’s sharp teeth at you, and jumped at you. Holding your hand defensively, you concentrated your entire energy onto your hand.

A bright white light shone from your hand and onto the Lycan, who fell to the ground unconscious in human form. You stared at your hands in wonder.

“Unnie I did it!”

Growing more confident, you began to use this new found power instead of the sword.

You thought you were winning. That was until more Lycans came in from the windows, through the doors. They were coming from everywhere.

You saw Remi howl as one bit into her shoulder, GD was pinned down on the ground by another. Jaejoong was against 5 Lycans by himself. TOP was bleeding. Taeyang was fighting Woo Jin, and when Woo Jin slashed his claws along Taeyang’s back…that was it.

Screaming in fury, you let it all out. A gust of white light appeared and it spread out like a bomb, the air swelled around you and the other Lycans all disintegrated into gold dust. No more came, they were all gone. All except for one. Woo Jin.

He was in human form at your feet, his body did not arouse you, but irritate you.

You grabbed his hair and pulled his head back to glower at his face.

You expected him to be scared, but instead he laughed.

“Kill me.”

“You want to die this badly?” you asked in a hard voice.

“Then you will be truly one of us. To kill heartlessly. You will be a callous creature like the rest of us, to kill without contemplation. A true Lycanthrope,” Woo Jin said cackling and opened his arm in welcoming, welcoming his death.

You brought the sword to his throat, but you tried to slide it across his throat but you couldn’t.

“Come on! You’ve killed one Lycan, and now, you’ve killed many others. One more won’t stop you from going to hell,” Woo Jin taunted.

The image of the Lycan you killed earlier hit you like a train. Staggering back you dropped the sword.

“You’re weak. Weak like you’re mate!” Woo Jin spat then he was grabbed by Jaejoong and Yoona.

Yoona slapped him hard across the cheek. “Shut up.”

Taeyang wrapped his arms around you, his human form comforted you and the smell of him warmed you.

“I-I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t kill him,” you whispered shocked as he cradled you in his arms.

“It’s nothing to feel bad about.”

“No, don’t you see? You’re not the weak one, I am. I’m an abomination where no race will accept me simply because I exist, I am born of a Lycan and a Witch, I possess an unspeakable power you all talk about. And yet…I can’t kill a bastard like Woo Jin!” you exclaimed, as you sobbed into his chest. “I failed to protect all of you.”

Taeyang cupped both of your cheeks and gazed into your emerald green eyes.

“You are not weak. To not kill your enemy take so much more strength than killing. You, my mate, are strong. Stronger than you will allow yourself to know,” Taeyang assured you, then he kissed your forehead. “I love you ~~~~~ ah.”

You hugged him tight.

“I love you too oppa.”

Woo Jin gagged. GD punched him hard across the jaw.

“Shut the up,” he turned to Yoona. “How did you mate with such a wit?”

“I honestly have no idea,” she growled. She stared at her mate and sneered at him. “Start talking or I start cutting off the bits that stick out.”

Woo Jin laughed. “I always loved your side.”

Yoona held out her hand, and Jaejoong handed her a dagger. “Don’t flirt me with me Woo Jin, now tell me something I want to hear and I’ll save the parts you really need.”

Yoona sat on his lap and held the dagger to his throat. “Start talking.”

Woo Jin sat quietly, smirking at her. Frustrated Yoona grabbed a fistful of his hair and yanked it hard.

“Okay, officially over. Tell me something now, or I’ll do something that will satisfy my need to kill you,” Yoona growled.

TOP pulled Yoona of his lap.

“Why did you do that?”

“He’s not going to tell us anything,” GD said sighing.

“Yeah, it’ll take us longer to break him,” Daesung added. “Wait! !” he shouted.

Everyone looked to see Woo Jin jump out of the window.

“Holy ! How did he get out?!” GD yelled as he saw the rope on the floor that was used to tie Woo Jin’s hands behind his back.

“I don’t know, but we have to leave now. He’s escaped so that means more will be coming,” Jaejoong suggested logically.

Hyori nodded. “I have a place. It’s protected with spells and enchantments. It will keep us safe till we have a plan.”

Nodding, Taeyang agreed. “Let’s go.”

-

-

-

“Are you sure?” a husky voice demanded.

Woo Jin stood beaten and bruised on a marble foyer.

“Yes my Lord. My mate Yoona has us, and your elite hunting party leader, Jaejoong has also sided with the enemies.”

"And the hybrid?"

Woo Jin swallowed. "She possess the power you want my Lord, I've witnessed it with my own eyes. She killed the hunters I took with me with her magic, she is incredibly powerful."

Jaesu's finger circled his bottom lip with great interest, he paused and his upper lip snarled over his teeth. “And Taeyang?”

“He has mated to the mongrel my Lord."

“My son, Taeyang, mated to the hybrid,” Jaesu pieced together in a morbidly curious voice. “I always knew he was a ing disappointment. Now, I can kill him. I’ve been yearning to spill my dear  son’s blood for a lifetime.

Jaesu sat on his throne laughing as a picture of Taeyang begging for his mercy played in his head, as he takes his own son’s life.

=======

Jaesu's not very nice is he? Hope you all liked the chap :D

Oh and I was wondering if you all prefer the longer chaps or the shorter chaps? Tell me which you prefer reading, long or short, and which ever one is the most popular then I'll adjust the chaps :D Tell me through a comment :D

Please comment!!!!! And subscribe!!!!!! <333