Elements

Midnight

You were hunched over, your hands on your knees as you took deep breaths.

“We’ve only been at this for 2 hours,” Jaejoong said, though his breathing was heavy, it wasn’t a ragged pant like yours was.

You gaped at him.

“Are you kidding me? Only 2 hours? More like 2 years

Jaejoong grinned. “Lycans can spar with each other much longer than two normal humans can.”

You scowled at him. “Well, in case it slipped your memory, I’m not a full Lycan. So can we please take a break?”

He backed away at your angry tone.

“You get so cranky over such little exercise,” he teasingly observed.

You dabbed at your face with a towel, and then you moved to your neck and collarbone.

“Half Witch here Jaejoong, so if you enjoy walking on two legs, I suggest you zip it,” you warned. Yes. A little exercise did get you cranky to an incredible level.

Jaejoong pulled a face and left you alone.

You sat in Hyori’s sparring room; apparently it also helped a Witch to fight without using magic. Lycans could attack in whichever form they choose, though most prefer to attack using their Lycan form, some liked the element of surprise and would attack in human form.

You conjured a bottle of water with your powers; Hyori had mentioned that you were getting stronger. Ever since that fight at Taeyang’s home with Woo Jin's Lycan's a few weeks ago, it seems to have unleashed something inside of you, whether or not that was a good thing or not, you didn’t know.

“So am I allowed quality time with my mate now?” Taeyang’s voice asked seductively in your ear, as you felt his hot breath travel down your neck.

“You startled me, are you always this sneaky?”

He kissed your cheek before he pulled you against his front. “It pays to be quiet, with Lycans being able to hear from long distances, and Witches using sound amplifying spells to hear any enemies approaching them.”

“Even though I'm half Lycan, I'm still deaf as a bat,” you assured him. “No need to sneak around me.”

He laughed until he sobered and you knew he was either concerned or angry.

“Jaejoong spoke to me, he said you seemed a little tense.”

You pretended to not know what he was talking about. “Did I? Maybe I’m just tired.”

“Or maybe it’s something else, something you've been keeping to yourself,” he said in a low voice, that always made you feel like a small child getting caught for doing something wrong. “You can tell me ~~~~~~ ah. I’m your mate. How am I supposed to protect you or make you feel better if you don’t tell me what’s wrong?”

His tone of voice made you feel guilty, you didn’t mean to make him upset. The thing is, if you did tell him it would make you even more upset.

“It’s really nothing big…actually it’s kind of pathetic,” you explained in a meek voice. He didn’t say anything, meaning he wanted you to carry on.

“Okay…the thing is…I missed GD’s birthday.”

Taeyang felt a little disappointed but he smiled and hugged you around the waist.

“I’m sure he knows you care for him.”

“I missed your birthday too,” you added quietly. “I’m so sorry, you and GD oppa wouldn’t let me out of the house. Everyone kept saying that you didn’t need a present and-…”

He cut you off with a deep, sweet and sensual kiss.

He pulled back with a gentle expression on his face, his eyes flitted from your eyes, to your nose, to your lips…as if he was remembering each feature.

“They were right, I don’t need a present. I have you, and that’s everything I will ever need. I will never need socks,” you giggled, “I will never need after shave, I’d like to think I smell good anyway.”

You breathed in his scent, and he did smell good.

“And I will definitely never need hair dye,” he said with a smirk. "I'm not that old."

You laughed and touched his small Mohawk. “I don’t know, I think you’re going a little grey. It’s only been what…a few centuries? Oh look,” you pulled lightly on his hair. “Got one.”

“Aish! You little-…” but you twisted away from him in a move so fast, even it was hard for him to see. Luckily he didn’t miss the swift elegance of your actions.

“Yep, old and grey. Great, I’m mated to an old man,” you joked. You laughed as he pouted, so out of character for him, but he looked so incredibly adorable but ridiculous at the same time that you just had to laugh.

Before you could even catch your breath, Taeyang charged at you and lifted you off your feet and pulled you over his shoulder, giving you a nice view of his rear. However, being upside down didn’t exactly agree with your stomach.

“Yah! Put me down!” you slapped at the back of his knees.

You could almost imagine him grinning in satisfaction, because you knew he wasn’t really getting hurt. It takes a lot more than a small slap to make Taeyang wince.

“Say sorry, and then I might consider forgiving you.”

“Never!” you protested, but you began to see things in double. “Okay, maybe I am sorry.”

“~~~~~~~ ah? Taeyang?” you heard a stern female voice call from the doorway, Taeyang turned around to face Hyori with you on his shoulders. “What are you two doing?”

Hyori arched a brow at both your innocent expressions. You peeked through the gap Taeyang made with his legs.

“I’m just hanging unnie.”

Taeyang rolled his eyes, as if you read his thoughts, you apologised. “Sorry for the bad joke, but it had to be said.”

“Well sorry but fun is over, ~~~~~~ ah needs her magic training.”

Taeyang laughed, which only irritated Hyori, but not in a bad way. “Every time you laugh.”

“I’m sorry, but ‘magic training’? It just sounds really funny.”

Once you were down you lightly flicked him on the forehead. “I’m glad you find this amusing.”

He smiled before he gave you a quick peck and left the room.

“I am really sorry unnie, it’s just I hadn’t seen him all day…haven’t kissed him…”

Hyori chuckled. “I know.”

“You do?”

“I know the pull of a mate, Lycans will do anything to be with their mate…whether there is love or not, it's sort of a possesive emotion. Your feelings for Taeyang are very real but also spurred from the mating, together…they form a powerful and loving bond.”

You nodded impressed. “I’m surprised you know so much about the Lycans.”

She looked down at the ground. “Your mother and father were the same. It’s how I know so much.”

“Oh,” now you felt guilty and awkward. Deciding that a new subject needed to be introduced, you cleared your throat. “So what will you be teaching me today?”

One moment Hyori was in front of you, the next she was behind you.

“The art of teleportation,” she said.

“Teleportation?! You mean…I can go wherever I want to go?”

“Yes pretty much, no need for public transport or paying for fuel all the time,” she said with a wink. “But you have to be careful, the longer the distance, the greater the energy needed.

Younger Witches and Warlocks struggle with teleportation, but since you are not a normal Witch but half of both races which makes you strong…I’m guessing you’ll do fine.”

You were eager and excited. “What do I need to do?”

“You need to sit down.”

Okay…that was boring. “Now clear your mind.”

You narrowed your eyes at her before you did, you felt Hyori’s hands press down lightly on your shoulders.

“Do you feel the weight of it? Of my hand?”

What a silly question. “Of course.”

“Imagine that there isn’t any weight there at all, let your mind clear but at the same time picture there is no weight.”

A full 5 minutes went by, and still nothing.

“It’s impossible to clear your mind but think at the same time! That completely defeats the objects of clearing your mind!” you shrieked as you let out a breath from your hard concentration.

Hyori laughed, then disappeared from your side to the other side of the room.

“If I can do it…” she disappeared again and materialised in front of you. “…Then you can do it.”

You sighed heavily. “Okay, I’ll try.”

An hour had passed, and you were blue with thinking too hard.

“This is a lot harder than I had anticipated,” you breathed out.

“Okay, maybe let’s start with something easier. I’ll teach you how to control the 4 elements.”

“The 4 elements?”

She nodded. “Yes. Earth, Air, Water and Fire. They’re essential in spells, and Fire can seriously injure a Lycan.”

You beamed at her. *This sounds easier than the teleportation.*

“When do we start?”

 =======

Sorry for the really late update, had family over for christmas. Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!! Hope you liked the chap

Please comment and subscribe <333