The beginning: Part 3

Midnight

You expected Taeyang to lunge at Jaejoong, instead Taeyang gave him a manly hug. Clapping him hard on the back.

“You always got into crazy ,” Jaejoong said grinning. Taeyang smiled and shrugged, tucking his hands into his pockets.

Yoona stood up and put her hands on her hips, frowning at Jaejoong.

“You’re late.”

Taeyang growled and pointed at Yoona with his thumb. “You came because she told you too? Since when did male Lycans follow orders from women?”

“Hey!” you, Remi and Yoona protested simultaneously. Taeyang held his hands up, as three pairs of eyes murderously glared at him…but he couldn’t help but admire one pair of green eyes, that made him shiver in delight.

“Sorry, my bad ladies,” he apologised. Jaejoong laughed and shoved Taeyang’s shoulder.

“Since idiots like you get involved with chicks like her. Besides, Yoona said a friend was in trouble and when she told me it was you I had to help. You’d saved my too many times to count, I thought I’d start paying me back.”

Taeyang stood stunned at Jaejoong’s words. Known for his cold manner, Jaejoong rarely said a kind word to anyone. Yes, Taeyang had helped him out of trouble before but he didn’t expect the Lycan to repay him.

Taeyang has known Jaejoong for as long as he can remember, the same age, they used to spar against each other. Both in human form and Lycan form. Since Taeyang was an original, he always won…but Jaejoong put up a fight. And even if he did lose, he’d take it in stride and simply say ‘there’s always the next time’.

Taeyang held his hand out thankfully. “Thank you.”

“Anytime,” then Jaejoong’s eyes turned to you. “Well, you certainly look different this time around. You still smell the same though, god you reek of human ~~~~~ ah,” Jaejoong plugged his nose playfully.

You didn’t know what to say. Had the two of you met before? He talked to you as if you were old friends catching up, you offered him a hesitant smile.

“Thank you, I guess?”

Jaejoong laughed. “You don’t remember me do you?”

You shook your head, edging closer to Taeyang. You felt instantly better when his strong hands clasped yours, calming your nerves.

“I was in charge of your hunting party, remember?”

GD growled. “She can’t remember fool, she’s a reincarnated soul. And even if she did remember, I doubt she’d want to remember your herd of cows chasing her.”

Seung Ri and TOP laughed involuntarily, Jaejoong joined in nodding in agreement.

“Yeah, I was in charge of idiots back then,” he said thinking back. “But back to the subject, I didn’t hand her over.”

Remi stared at him. “What do you mean? No one ever said ~~~~~~ ah was caught by an elite hunting party.”

Jaejoong smirked. “I found her one day, she was collecting firewood and she smelt different.”

Remi gasped. “She didn’t mask her scent.”

You frowned. “I didn’t mask my what? This isn’t making any sense!”

Taeyang took a deep breath in. “Lycans are immune to their own scent, stupid I know but it’s a fact. Other Lycanthropes however can smell your scent, which makes us very efficient trackers.”

You nodded. “I know, GD oppa told me how each of us have unique scents and that once a Lycan has your scent it’s for life. But why do I have to mask mine?”

GD sighed. “Everyone in this room except you, can smell you. Your scent is so distinct, it’s a signal that you do not belong to one single race, but a mix of both.”

Yoona carried on for him. “Although each Witch has an individual scent, there is something about it that alerts the hunters inside us. The way it lingers on our scent pallet longer than others scents, the way it makes us want to change immediately and rip off their heads.”

You shrank back in fear, as Taeyang stepped forward in front of you protectively.

“You’re scaring her.”

Yoona dismissed his warning tone. “It’s the truth Taeyang, besides…she has as much part in this world as we do. If anything, she has more. The blood of a Lycan and a Witch runs in veins, can you even begin to comprehend how much power the girl possesses?”

Taeyang advanced towards her, but Jaejoong restrained him.

“I hate to admit it, but Yoona is right. ~~~~~~ ah is hunted by the Lycan’s and Witches, they both want her dead.”

“Why? I haven’t done anything wrong, they cannot kill me for living!” you said in disbelief. You couldn’t understand why either creatures wanted you dead, it just seemed so unnecessary.

Taeyang sighed and took your hands into his. “Remember what I told you? When some Lycans killed Witches, they drank their blood to give them magic temporarily?”

You nodded. “Yes.”

Where was he going with this?

“Your blood ~~~~~ ah, contains both Witch and Lycan genes which have been bonded together. If a Lycan drinks your blood…every single drop…they will possess magic permanently. The power will drive them hungry for even more power, the start of the end of the world as we know it.”

You couldn’t breathe, the sound was muffled as the room spun. Every single drop.

“So you’re saying…someone wants to kill me and drink my blood, so they can throw around pointless objects without getting off their asses?” you asked, your voice was deadly and calm. For the first time, Taeyang saw the animal side of you.

He saw the familiar gleam in your eyes, he felt the heat cocoon your body. He swore he saw you shake from the strain of keeping the beast inside of you.

Daesung cleared his throat. “It’s little more complicating than that…” you glared at him. “But you got it all pretty much, yeah, yep.” He quickly amended.

GD held Remi’s hand tightly. “You have to understand that over the years, Lycans have become more human. Things such as greed and revenge have been adopted by the Lycanthrope society. Lycans would do everything to gain power.”

Jaejoong nudged Taeyang’s arm. “It just so happens that your Prince Charming’s dad wants you dead.”

You shook your head. “I can’t believe that your father would want me dead.”

Taeyang couldn’t help it anymore, he pulled you in for a fiercely passionate kiss. He didn’t care about the audience; all he could focus on was you. Your pain was his pain, and he would never let you suffer his father’s wrath.

He pulled away, leaving you breathless and craving more.

“I will never let my father hurt you,” Taeyang promised firmly, you clung onto him tightly. Afraid that if your grip loosened, you would lose him forever.

God, you loved him. You were lucky to have loved him in the past, but to love him again…it was a miracle.

“How did you know about her? In the past I mean,” Taeyang asked Jaejoong, who laughed.

“Remember your fight with Yong Seo?”

Taeyang rolled his eyes. “The one who wanted to steal my heir to the throne? Yeah, I remember him. He gave me that big scar right along…”

Taeyang’s eyes widened.

“What?” GD asked irritated he wasn’t involved.

“I woke up in a cave, with a girl. ~~~~~~ ah. Then I passed out again, and woke up in my room back at the castle…”

“I got you from ~~~~~~ ah. Well actually, I caught her picking herbs for your wounds…Lycan bites sting like a . She obviously thought she was alone, so she unmasked her scent and it reeked of you and your blood.”

Taeyang narrowed his eyes. “Why do I get the feeling that your first impressions with each other was ?”

Jaejoong looked down sheepishly. “Because it was. I jumped her in Lycan form.”

“You did what?!” Taeyang and GD roared in unison. Jaejoong jumped back, Yoona laughed to herself quietly in the corner.

“I know, I jumped to conclusions. But could you blame me? She was a random girl covered in your scent with a hint of fresh blood, I thought she killed you,” Jaejoong defended himself.

GD curled his lip. “You better not have hurt her. I took an oath to protect my cousin, anyone who threatens that protection, then I am forced to kick your stanky .”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “Relax, ~~~~~ ah kicked MY stanky .”

Taeyang blinked and then laughed. Even GD’s lips twitched, till a dark chuckle escaped his lips.

“Seriously? Dude, I’m sorry,” Taeyang said. You had never seen him so comfortable before, it was obvious he trusted Jaejoong.

“That girl has some serious strength,” they all looked at you as you stood with your arms crossed and your shoulders hunched in vulnerably. “Okay, maybe she doesn’t look it now with her skinny arms and confused expression. But trust me, when that girl gets riled she will bite your head off.”

You blushed at his words.

Taeyang choked down another round of laughter, until he composed himself.

“So, how did this end?”

*1278*

“Aw. . ,” Jaejoong wheezed, clutching his crotch gently in his hands as he turned back into his human form. Whenever Lycans were injured, they always ended up back in their human form.

You let out an annoyed breath and grabbed his neck with your hand, using enough pressure to lessen his oxygen intake but he could still breathe and live.

You quickly re masked your scent, hoping that he didn’t get a full whiff of you.

“You got mud on my favourite shoes,” you snarled. Then you tightened your grip on his neck, you watched as he squirmed in your hold. You didn’t like hurting anything, not even a bug. But if you were provoked into an attack you became merciless.

The man was blonde and tall, and if you hadn’t kicked him in a highly sensitive place, you were sure you two would be fighting to the death right now.

“Who are you?”

Jaejoong gasped for air, and with effort held up his forearm. A tattoo was printed onto his skin, your panic doubled.

“An elite hunter huh?”

You remembered your mother telling you about them, trained to the highest standard; they were only called when an important hunt was occurring. Your mother showed you her tattoo, since she was part of the elite hunters.

Of course when she ran away with your father, she became the hunted.

“Who were you sent by?” you asked the man in a low voice. Where were all these strange hot Lycan males coming from?

Jaejoong breathed out through clenched teeth. “No one.”

You growled. “Do not lie to me Lycan, you’re the one being choked here.”

Jaejoong managed to smirk despite his trouble in breathing. “Seen a bleeding man lately?”

You tensed. “Perhaps I have, what is it to you?”

“He’s my…brother,” Jaejoong lied, but he was glad to feel your hold loosening. “So have you seen him?”

“You don’t look related,” you hissed.

“Same father, different mothers. You know what male Lycans are like.”

“Yes, he was badly injured. I’ve healed him as best as I can, but he has lost a lot of blood. He’s very weak still,” you explained in a worried voice which shocked Jaejoong.

Never had he known a woman take in an unknown bleeding man into their care before, if they did they were incredibly stupid. But Jaejoong couldn’t seem to find one stupid quality about you, except for the fact that you were incredibly naïve.

Beautiful, kind and trusting, you would be a male Lycan’s dream mate. But there was something off about you, when he caught Taeyang’s scent there was an underlying scent too. He couldn’t quite place his finger on it.

Jaejoong pointed to his neck. “If you don’t mind, kind of dying here,” he rasped. You snatched your hand away and blushed.

“Sorry. Besides, you were the one who jumped me.”

Jaejoong smirked and stood up, his height making you look extremely tiny in comparison. Though your father was tall, his height never seemed to take your notice. You guessed it was because you were so used to it, but on another man it was kind of intimidating.

You watched his movements. “Try anything funny and I will kill you.”

Jaejoong laughed. “I’m just here for the guy.”

A taunting smile played on your lips. “Your lover?”

Jaejoong pulled a face. “Do I look gay to you?”

You laughed out loud. “Do you honestly want an answer to that question?”

Jaejoong would have seriously injured anyone who dared speak to him in such a manner, but he couldn’t to you. For some reason, he felt that if he hurt or pissed you off any further, he would regret it forever. Besides you had saved Taeyang, and for that he held respect for you. Even if he thought it was a stupid thing to do.

Jaejoong laughed. “I guess not.”

You inclined with your head to a thick cluster of bushes and tree.

“Come. Your friend is resting here.”

You led him into the cave where your stranger was resting, you had snuck out some of your father’s clothes – clothes he wouldn’t miss – and dressed the stranger in them. It was a hard job. To touch his hot skin for a fleeting second was torturous.

You had imagined what his eye colour would be, would they be an emerald green like yours? A crystal ice blue? Or a warm hazel nut brown? The choice was endless, but whatever colour his eyes may be, you didn’t doubt that they would be hauntingly beautiful nonetheless.

“So new stranger. Do you have a name?” you asked, striking a conversation.

He shrugged. “Sure,” he didn’t elaborate.

You arched a brow. “Sure? Nice name, I bet your parents must have loved you,” you said sarcastically, earning a laugh from him.

“Jaejoong. My name is Jaejoong,” he didn’t know why he told you, but somehow he felt like he could trust you.

You decided he was telling the truth, no one could fake the openness in his tone.

“I’m ~~~~~~ ah,” you said cheerily. “Oh we’re here. You might want to stay here for a little while, I’ll clean things up and then I’ll call you in.”

Jaejoong sighed. “A little blood is seriously not a problem for me, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

You snorted. “Please, I’m not worried about you. I’m worried about my pride, what would you say if you saw a woman’s hideout looking like it has been raided several times?”

You amused him, how could you be so optimistic. “Like I said, I’ll call you when I’ve cleaned up a little.”

You disappeared into the cave.

You whispered an incantation and a fire lit up in the corner, you made your way to the stranger lying down covered in a blanket.

Leaning over him, you checked his temperature. He was healing remarkably fast, even for a Lycanthrope. Not only had you treated his fighting wounds, but ones that had been opened or had not healed completely.

“Are you awake?” you whispered, your hair falling onto his chest. His eyes slowly fluttered open.

“Where am I?”

You smiled at him. “You are safe, do not worry.”

You saw him lift his hand up, and his fingers grazed your cheeks, causing goose bumps to form on your arms. Then his hand fell back down and his eyes closed shut, he was still weak. Sighing you cleaned up the cave and when you were satisfied you called Jaejoong in.

“Have you ever thought of treating people in cottages?” Jaejoong suggested as he looked around the dark gave, even with the fire. It was certainly not a place most women go to.

“I’m not a healer if that’s what you think. I just wanted to avoid questions from my parents.”

“I forgot, bringing bleeding men isn’t normal around here,” Jaejoong said quietly, which made you wonder how brutal his occupation was. You decided not to ask.

“His wounds have almost completely healed, however he has little energy but he will live.”

Jaejoong bowed thanks to you. “Will it be okay to move him?”

You nodded. “Yes, I do not see it being a problem. Unless you plan on throwing him off a mountain edge, he will be fine. I will go and pack some herbal remedies for you, if you have to travel far. Make sure to remind him or a physician to apply it on his wounds even though they appear healed, it will help with some of the scarring.”

Jaejoong took a step towards you. “Why are you doing this? For a stranger?”

You swallowed and took a step back. “I don’t like to see anybody hurt, I just wanted to help your friend.”

Jaejoong stepped away from you. “Thank you for saving him, I cannot thank you enough.”

Picking Taeyang up off the ground, he walked out of the cave. You tucked the herbs into his robes.

You stayed in the cave but your heard Jaejoong switch to Lycan form and sprint off into the wilderness.
-
-
-

Taeyang woke up feeling incredibly dizzy and sore, he was in his bedroom back at the castle. The cold wind making him shiver.

“Hey. Morning buddy,” he heard Jaejoong greet him. “I was wondering when you were gonna come around. You’re been out for 2 days now.”

Taeyang massaged his aching temples with the palm of his hand.

“What happened to me?”

“You got into a fight with Yong Seo, then you chased him into the forest. You killed him but he got you pretty bad too, I guess you walked off and passed out,” Jaejoong explained.

Taeyang closed his eyes and remembered the past couple of days, he definitely remembered the fight. But…he also remembered a soft touch. A floral and woman scent, the gently voice and a face of an angel in a dim orange light…

“There was a girl,” Taeyang murmured. “She, I think she treated me.”

Jaejoong pretended not to know. “I don’t know what you are talking about. When I found you, you were in a cave by the creek, you were healed and I took you home.”

“And you didn’t see a girl?”

“I didn’t even smell one,” he lied. Taeyang frowned, his doors suddenly swung open and he saw his father’s aloof face at the foot of his bed.

“Good you are up.”

Jaejoong bowed respectfully at Jaesu’s presence.

“He does not recall much,” Jaejoong said. Jaesu nodded and bid Jaejoong away calmly and not rudely, Jaejoong was Jaesu’s favourtie elite hunter, and since he was Taeyang’s friend Jaesu was almost civil towards Jaejoong.

Taeyang expected his father to beat him for being stupid and weak enough to get himself injured, to pass out defenceless. Instead his father gave him a smirk.

“I hear you killed that dog, Yong Seo?”

Taeyang nodded. “Yes father.”

“Good son. I am finally starting to see myself in you,” his father said. Taeyang almost cringed, he hoped he would never become his father.

“I’m glad I have pleased you.”

Jaesu’s face turned cold and harsh. “Did I say you have pleased me? Allowing yourself to faint at a scratch is pathetic and weak, I should beat you to a pulp for bleeding,” he hissed.

Taeyang looked down, biting down the urge to turn on his father.

“But, since you did kill someone I will only allow 10 lashes, you will learn to have no weaknesses boy,” with a swish of his cloak Jaesu strode out of Taeyang’s bedroom, leaving him seething.

His father certainly knew how to praise people. Not.

Taeyang attempted to get out of bed, but his limbs moaned and ached in protest. He fell back and closed his eyes, wishing his father was kinder or better yet…he wished to have a different father all together. To be away from his cruelty for one day would be sheer bliss.

And then his thoughts travelled back to the beautiful face that hovered over him, any man would die to wake up to a beautiful face like that. And her eyes, they were the most vibrant green eyes Taeyang had ever seen. Emerald and alluring, they captivated him till he lay unconscious again.

*I have to know if she is real. I have to thank her,* he thought determinedly.

*3 day later*

You didn’t know why, but you kept coming back to the river where you found the stranger. You kind of missed caring for someone.

Stripping your clothes you dove into the river, revelling the water gliding over your skin. It allowed you to stay calm and keep your mind off of the injured stranger. Lycans loved water, and you used your magic to conjure a rose petal into your hands and carefully tucked it behind your ear.

When you were done, you quickly dressed yourself. Humming a lullaby tune.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” a deep voice said behind you, betraying it was a man. You screamed and quickly pulled your tie dress shut.

How had you not heard him? You possessed Lycan senses, you should have heard him and you should have definitely smelt him but you didn’t. Now your senses were taking it all in, and his masculine scent made you giddy. He smelt scrumptious.

“I hope you do not make a habit of watching women bathe in the river,” you snapped as you furiously tied your dress, your wet hair surrounding your face with the rose petal still there.

“I didn’t mean to intrude my lady; I was just here…well I was looking for someone.”

Sighing, you turned around deciding you should confront him. You gasped.

“You?” you pointed rudely at him, as you recognised him to be the unconscious bleeding stranger. As brainless as this sounds, he was even more handsome upright and surprisingly…shy. He wasn’t cracking inappropriate jokes, but he actually blushed.

Taeyang looked in the direction of the melodic voice, and his insides turned to jelly. Then he recognised you. It was you; you owned the beautiful face that had kept him up all night dreaming. You were even more magnificent in real life compared to his hazy memories, though your face was beautiful it held small imperfections that added that vulnerable adorable side to you.

The way your cheekbones were slightly too hit, and your nose a little too thin. Not exactly deal breakers, but it made you uniquely…well you.

“It’s nice to see you upright so soon. I hoped your friend got you home safely, and well I guess he did,” you beamed at him.

“You treated me?”

You nodded. “I couldn’t just let you bleed to death now could I?”

He was stunned; he’d never known such a kind thing in his life. His father would have spat at his wound, and whipped him for complaining that it hurt. Kindness was something he lost hope in a long time ago.

“Thank you, I was told by my friend that he just found me in a cave.”

You frowned. “Jaejoong?”

Taeyang looked even more shocked. “He told you his name?”

“Of course he did. In fact he attacked me and then told me his name.”

A peculiar wave of anger washed over him, the thought of Jaejoong hurting you…made Taeyang want to hurt him back. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

“And he talked to me, and then I showed him where you were. Hm, I hope he didn’t take all the credit,” you said pouting, which did torturous things to his body. How he would love to sample your lips.

He swallowed. “He said he found me healed, alone.”

You accepted that. “Well I'm sure he said that to protect you. Are you okay? You still look a little pale.”

Taeyang’s heart fluttered at your concern for his well being. He was not used to such benevolence from someone before, it was something he was missing in his life.

“I’m fine,” he smiled at you.

You had heard about smiles that made women go weak in the knees, but you had never experienced one till now. He was so defensive and yet so modest and reserved.

You wanted to ask him about his scars on his back, but you barely knew him and you didn’t want to pry. He was so manly and also possessed an aura of danger and lethalness it should have scared you, but you had seen him when he was most helpless.

He didn’t frighten you; instead he made you want to kiss him passionately. To feel his skin against yours, the joy of it!

“Oh, I wanted to give this back to you,” he handed you the small bag you had given to Jaejoong that held the herbs. You were grateful he had even thought of giving it back.

“Thank you. I didn’t expect to have it returned,” you said, but when you looked up you gasped.

He was right before you, his eyes closed. You heard him inhale but frown, he couldn’t smell your scent. It must be disconcerting for him since Lycans relied a lot on scent, but he was gentleman enough not to ask.

“I owe you my life…” he paused. You understood immediately why.

“~~~~~ ah,” you told him your name. He nodded.

“I am Taeyang and I owe you life ~~~~~~ ah. Tell me what you would like?” he asked, he adored the way your wet hair clung to your sweet face. The rose petal made you look elegant and extremely feminine. To even contemplate taking you as a mate would surely result in his death, his father would have a if he dared marry someone who is not pure blooded.

You scowled and pushed him away. “If you’re here for what I think you’re for, I’m not interested.”

It took a full minute for your words to full sink in, and when they did it was Taeyang’s turn to scowl.

“That is not what I was implying. I was offering a reward, gold perhaps?”

Your scowl deepened, perplexing him even more.

“I do not want your gold. I am not some poor homeless girl I’ll have you know, I can fend for myself,” hitching your skirt up you walked away. You didn’t know it would be this hard to do, but it was.

You didn’t get very far till he grabbed your arm lightly.

“I didn’t mean that either! I just wanted to say, thank you for saving my life. Is a small token that hard for you accept?”

“I’m not used to taking things from strangers,” you whispered as his body was so incredibly close to yours.

Without thinking, Taeyang cupped your face gently in his rough hands and gazed deeply into your eyes.

“I am sorry if my words offended you. But that was not my intention, I want you to know that I am truly grateful for your help. Gold will not pay my debt of to you entirely, but it is a start.”

You couldn’t help it, reaching up on your toes you kissed him. You moaned at how wonderful he tasted, his soft lips against yours. Never had you done anything so rash especially not with a stranger but you would not be regretting this any time soon.

Taeyang hugged you close to his body, as your tongue danced gloriously along his. He moved away from your lips to your neck, he grinned as he heard your heart racing. Nipping your skin lightly, he showered you with kisses that left you wanting more.

“Wait, we have to stop,” you managed to gasp, but you didn’t push him away.

“I know,” Taeyang said disappointedly. He tried to move back but you caught him fast.

“I meant we have to stop, because I’m wet. And I’m getting you wet.”

Taeyang laughed; never had you heard anything more enchanting.

“As am I.”

And the two of you continued to kiss. A kiss that should have been forbidden.

*Present day*

“I can’t believe this is really happening,” you whispered when the story came to an end. You struck out at Taeyang, hitting him on the shoulder. “You walked in on me whilst I was swimming ?!”

Taeyang blushed a dark shade of red, that made Jaejoong and Yoona snigger, which only added to his embarrassment.

“It’s not like I meant too. I don’t even remember what you look like .”

You heard GD gag. Remi flicked him hard on his forehead. “Stop being such a prude.”

GD rubbed at his forehead furiously. “Can you blame me? It gives me the creeps.”

“So are we done with this history lesson?” Yoona asked. “I hate to break it to you guys, but we have an elite Lycan hunting group searching for the girl. And my guess is that they’ve been ordered to kill anyone who stands with the girl, or gets in their way.”

Jaejoong nodded in agreement. “She’s right Taeyang. When Yoona sent me the message, your father had gathered the elite to ‘help’ you.”

“After all this time, he doesn’t trust me does he?”

Jaejoong laughed. “You think? You fell in love with her in her past life, and let her escape. History is repeating itself, it doesn’t exactly make you his favourite person of the century.”

“We all need to rest,” you said standing up. “Thank you, for doing this for me. I don’t have the right to condemn you all to death, but you are all here helping me. I cannot thank you enough.”

GD ruffled your hair. “Just stay alive.”

“Come on, there’s more bedrooms down the hall. I’ll show you to them,” Taeyang offered in a tired voice.

You watched the others follow him, but you stayed in the living room deciding you should tidy it up. It was the least you could do.

You swept up the broken glass.

“What are you doing?”

You looked at Taeyang who leant against the door frame, as he watched you intently.

“I was just cleaning up.”

“It’s late ~~~~~ ah, and today as been a very long day.”

“Just 10 more minutes,” you said then turned back to sweeping. Suddenly the ground disappeared and you were cradled in Taeyang’s arms, you gaped at his actions. “What are you doing! I said 10 minutes.”

“And I said it was late,” he answered back calmly, as he led you down a different hallway.

You didn’t even feel angry towards him, instead you kissed him on the cheek and held him around his neck savouring the way his strong body felt against yours.

You could get used to this.