The beginning: Part 1

Midnight

You saw GD close his eyes and silently curse at what Yoona had just said. You looked at your friends and cousin’s faces trying to find any evidence that Yoona was lying…none of them showed anger. Only regret, guilt and anguish in their eyes.

Your mind went blank as it tried to comprehend the bomb of information Yoona gave you. You, a Witch and a Lycanthrope…it can’t be.

“I-I’m…I’m one of you?” you whispered hesitantly.

Yoona shook her head, a smirk forming on her lips. “Not really. Like I said, you’re a mongrel.”

You looked at Taeyang; he looked just as shocked as you were.

“Did you know about this? Is that why you were sent to kill me?”

Taeyang’s expression was grave. “No, I didn’t know. Believe me if I did know about your blood line, I would have…” he trailed off as the reality hit him hard. He glared at Yoona. “I wasn’t sent here to just kill her was I?”

Yoona laughed. “Of course not.”

“They wouldn’t have sent me to kill a human, so I could prove myself. I thought it odd that they would send me on such an easy mission,” Taeyang said, his tone dead pan and serious.

You looked at your cousin, tears stinging your eyes. “Am I really what they say I am?”

In two quick strides GD held you in his arms, hugging you tight. His brotherly love overwhelmed you, GD felt you tremble in his arms.

“We were going to tell you ~~~~~~ ah. Remember what I had said?”

Your mind ran back to earlier this evening.

*Flashback*

“Am I…a Lycanthrope?” you asked quietly. You saw the pained look on GD’s face as he struggled to answer.

“I don’t know,” he finally confessed. You gaped at him in fury.

*End of flashback*

GD sighed. “I lied. I know about your heritage ~~~~~~ ah. I was born and the minute I was old enough, I took an oath to protect you.”

You swallowed. “Are you the same as me?”

He shook his head. “No. I’m a full Lycanthrope; your mother was my auntie.”

You nodded but then froze. Your mind felt as if it was on the brink of explosion, you spoke in a strained whisper.

“Was? What are you talking about? My parents are live, aren’t they?” you croaked, GD looked down as pain washed over him.

“The parents you know, they aren’t your true parents. We had a Witch who was indebted to us and we asked for the Witch to put a spell on a couple, your true parents…died a long time ago,” GD explained his voice sombre and quiet.

You sank down to the floor, as you felt your heart slowly break. Your life had been a lie, your true identity was hidden from everyone and yourself. You real parents…were dead. You cried as the reality rocked you.

Taeyang watched you weep, he wanted to comfort you but GD had already leapt to your side and cradled your face in his chest. How he longed to be the one to soothe you, to tell you that it was going to okay. But was it?

He has gotten himself and you in such deep , he had no idea how he was going to crawl out of this one. Not mention that he had a hybrid with him…no. You weren’t a hybrid, but a unique being in this world. You were kind and loving, naïve at times but capable. Most of all you were beautiful and you made him realise that there things worth living for.

“~~~~~~ ah…” Taeyang said softly, but Yoona held him back.

“Let her cry. She has been brought up in a human environment; they are prone to emotional break downs such as this. As a Lycanthrope, we would have been rid of such weak emotions as children,” Yoona told him quietly but her tone was bitter. “You of all Lycan’s should know that.”

Taeyang clenched his teeth as the cold memories of his childhood flooded into his mind, no matter how strong or fierce a person was…no one could ever get over a bad childhood. It was so long ago that he shouldn’t worry about it, but the horror of his past wasn’t something that would be forgotten easily.

The pathetic and sad thing was Taeyang knew Yoona was right, he wouldn’t know how to tend to your feelings properly. He barely knew the concept of kindness till he met you. He wanted to curse his very existence, how he wished he was born a normal human.

“A-Are they really dead?” you asked, your voice shook so badly you wasn’t sure GD could understand. Surprisingly he did.

“I’m so sorry ~~~~~~ ah,” GD apologised. You pulled back and wiped your cheeks, but you gasped.

“What about my parents? Well…my adopted parents,” you corrected in a tone so sad it made everyone in the room’s heart break, including Yoona’s.

Remi knelt beside you. “We have sent them away; the Witch who cast the spell undid it for us after several decades of begging. They’re safe, they no longer remember you.”

You felt a tear run down your cheeks. “But I remember them. Oh god, everything is so messed up.” You cried as you buried your face in your hands.

You suddenly felt a warm and powerful hand gently pry your hands away, and you gazed up to the most beautiful eyes you had ever seen. Granted they were set into a heartbreakingly handsome face as well, but the eyes were captivating.

Taeyang lowered his head and kissed your forehead. “I won’t let anything hurt you.”

You felt butterflies form in your stomach at his words, and for a reason you couldn’t explain you believed him. You blocked out GD’s protests of his closeness, and just enjoyed his close company.

Yoona snorted. “Taeyang, the Lycanthropes and Witches want her dead. If you care for the girl in any way, you would kill her now. Give her a merciful death.”

You cowered away at her cold words, but GD stood up and wrapped a hand around Yoona’s dainty throat.

“No one kills her. If anyone so much as scratches her, I will rip out their heart and feed it to them,” GD snarled. Yoona rolled her eyes and pushed him away with one forceful hand.

“I’m just the messenger. Besides, I’m here to help,” she put her hands on her hips and smiled at the group. “And it looks like you need it.”

Seung Ri laughed. “This actually might be fun.”

Taeyang chuckled darkly. “We are doing nothing until someone explains to me what the is going on. You owe me and ~~~~~ ah, “ he passed a soft look at you. “You owe us both an explanation.”

GD looked at your pleading eyes and he felt his restraint against you crumble. He looked at Remi who gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

“It’s time she found out the truth. They both do,” she said. Remi took your hand and sat you down on Taeyang’s ruined sofa, you felt a pang of guilt whiz through you. His home was ruined, because of you.

“Aish, where do I begin?” GD hissed to himself, he seemed to be frustrated.

“Just start from the beginning. What did you mean when you said we – ~~~~ ah and I – both needed to hear the truth?” Taeyang helped him. GD glared at Taeyang for a second then focused.

“~~~~~ ah, remember when I told you my real age?” GD asked you. You nodded vaguely remembering the conversation.

“You’re 678,” you answered, GD nodded.

“And you remember when you asked if I was the oldest, and I said not exactly?” GD continued, you didn’t follow.

“What are you getting at?”

“I’m not the oldest. But you are,” GD said slowly. You gaped at him, you couldn’t be older. It was just NOT possible. And apparently you were not the only person to disagree with GD.

“She can’t be,” Yoona intervened. Taeyang seemed to agree.

“I would have remembered her, if her life means a lot to the Lycanthropes. I would have remembered my father wanting her, a search party for her at least.”

GD smirked. “I guess you royals don’t know everything.”

You frowned. “Royals?”

Taeyang looked like the word disgusted him, but he answered your question.

“I was born into the purest Lycanthrope family. I am the sole heir to the Lycanthrope throne,” he explained. You felt your eyes widen in shock.

“A prince?”

Taeyang laughed joylessly. “Trust me, if I could change my ancestors I would.”

Yoona scowled at him. “You should be privileged to be the future ruler of our world.”

Taeyang didn’t answer. He turned to GD. “How old is ~~~~~ ah?”

“She’s 998 years old. She was born in China actually,” GD recalled.

You couldn’t believe it, 998 years old? It can’t be true, it just couldn’t be.

“But, how do I not remember any of this? I remember growing up in the 80’s. I lived a modern childhood, you grew up with me!” you pointed at GD.

He ran his hands through his hair. “I told you it’s hard to explain.”

Remi took over. “~~~~~ ah. What GD is trying to say is, before your…true birth parents died they struck a deal. Your father – a warlock – asked his people to put a spell on you. A very powerful and old spell, humans refer to it as Reincarnation.”

Taeyang growled. “She can’t have been reincarnated. There is no mark on her to show her reincarnation, besides…I would have smelt it from a mile away.”

GD shook his head. “They took care of that too. ~~~~~ ah’s parents weren’t stupid, they would have died for their daughter.”

You bit back a wail. “They did die GD. And I don’t even remember them,” your lips trembled. The only parents you knew were long gone and your true parents were dead, you tried to remember their faces but it hurt too much. Not just emotionally but physically. GD seemed to know what you were thinking.

“Reincarnated souls do not remember their past life, it’s an inevitable fact,” GD explained as he saw your expression. You sighed tiredly.

“Please. Tell me from the beginning. Please tell me what happened,” you silently begged your cousin, GD rubbed his temples and moaned quietly.

“I don’t seem to have a choice,” he glared at Taeyang. “You. Sit down; you have a part in this as well.”

Taeyang wanted to punch GD; he didn’t take orders very well. However this wasn’t the time to start an argument, not only did he not want to cause you any more pain but his apartment wouldn’t be able to hold any further damage. It had sustained enough already!

“I’ll only be able to tell you what I have been told myself,” GD reminded them. “It all began with your parents,” he pointed at you with his hands, you hunched your shoulders in. You somehow felt guilty.

“Your mother, was Hye Jia. A pure blooded Lycanthrope, and was promised to Dong Jaesu. The two most powerful pure blooded bloodlines of the Lycanthrope race.”

You saw Taeyang turn rigid, his features as stoic as ever but his clenched fists and dark eyes betrayed his emotions.

“She was promised…to my father?”

GD nodded, as if it was hard for him to admit. “Yes. The Hye and Dong family had never married before in the past, but they thought it fit that Jia should mate with Jaesu,” GD scowled at Taeyang’s shocked expression. “You know how this works, Lycans only mate to produce off spring. Love is rarely involved.”

Taeyang hid his anger and guilt well, GD was right. He knew the Lycanthrope customs too well, and he felt sick to the core that his father was promised to your mother. If they had mated there was no imagining the abuse she would have suffered.

You swallowed. “So what happened? Did they marry?”

Despite herself, Remi giggled. “Lycanthrope’s don’t call it marriage but mating. It’s basically the same as a human marriage but a lot stronger.”

You furrowed your brows. “Stronger?”

“~~~~~~ ah, do you want me to continue?” GD asked patiently, but his tone reminded you of a professor’s. For once, you saw the wise knowledge GD possessed.

You blushed.  “Sorry oppa.”

GD nodded then continued. “Jia didn’t want to mate with Jaesu, Jaesu was known as a scoundrel and an unfaithful bastard,” GD passed a look to Taeyang. “No offence.”

“None taken,” Taeyang shot back. He too didn't care much for his father.

“So my mother…didn’t mate with Jaesu?” you asked timidly, you held your breath. GD shook his head and you let out a sigh of relief, the fact that Taeyang could have been your brother…it was so wrong on so many levels.

“It all began with…”

*878 AD*

Jia paced her bedroom balcony, frustrated to the point she couldn’t even cry. Her long blue gown flowed around her feet, and her brunette hair was braided into a magnificent crown that sat prettily on her head.

She fell back on her wooden stool, and stared out into the land before her. Land she would never see, never to explore the land outside of her bedroom. She’d be imprisoned in her own home, she wanted to wail at the thought but her father stormed in through her doors. The giant hinges in protest.

Her father trembled with rage. “How dare you!” he hissed. “How dare you turn down a mating opportunity, especially to one of the other original families? Do you not understand what your mating to Jaesu would do? The off spring you would birth?”

Jia raked her father with a disgusted glare. “I would rather marry a human than Jaesu,” she angrily spat back at him.

Her father looked as if he was close to striking down and slapping her hard across the face, but he calmed down. He let out a hopeless sigh and knelt beside his daughter, who bore the same eyes as he did.

“Jia, you have to mate with the Dong family. It’s the Lycanthrope customs, originals must marry.”

Jia frowned. “Why? What is wrong with marrying someone else?”

Her father ran his hand down his face, as if he was tired of the customs too. However, unlike his daughter, he would never speak of his opposition out loud but kept his opinions to himself and blindly followed others.

“You will taint our bloodline, Jaesu’s family are the only family who have the purest bloodline. Then it is us and well…there is nobody else. Please, honour our family name,” he begged her. Jia wanted to gag, her father begging? A man who made other Lycanthropes quiver in fear was begging his 289 year old daughter? It was quite a sight.

“Why does he want me? There are other females that meet Jaesu’s requirements,” Jia argued back. Like, not caring if he cheats on them with another female, she thought angrily.

“Because, you are at your prime Jia. You look young and youthful at 289 years of age, but the power that runs in your very veins is what every male Lycanthrope desires. Jaesu happens to be the only eligible male,” your father explained.

Jia wanted to scream at him. What he meant was she was at her ual prime, and Jaesu was a bastard with a lot of money and a so called pure background. Why couldn’t she have been human? To be loved rather than used, to be cared for rather than thrown away once she no longer had a purpose in life. Life isn’t fair.

“I don’t care if Jaesu was made out of gold and had pure burnt on his forehead, I will not marry that disgusting dog!” she shrieked, using the most offensive term. Lycanthropes were wolves, admitted they were much bigger than the normal wolves…but wolves whatever the size. To be called a dog was extremely insulting, and it certainly takes a knock on a male Lycan’s ego.

Jia’s father curled his lip. “Fine. Don’t marry, die old and alone. I do not care for your welfare anymore. I will remind you though, you will not find a mate any better than Jaesu…you will be too old for anyone to want,” turning on his heel he stomped out of the room leaving Jia alone. 

She grabbed the iron vase on her wooden dressing table and flung it across the room, the flowers spilling out. The vase created a crack on the stone walls, but the loudest crack was the one in Jia’s chest. The sound of her heart breaking.

She knew her father; he wouldn’t have her live without a mate. He would drug his own daughter if it meant continuing on his bloodline. Jia turned her head to look at a painting of her family. She was only 12 years old (human years) when it was painted, how life was so much easier.

Jia ran her hand along her mother’s face, she died giving birth to her baby brother when she was 16 years old. It broke Jia’s heart, and she remembered her mother’s hand weakly grasping hers. Her eyes were hooded and she was slowly turning a sickly white.

“My beautiful daughter,” she uttered quietly, as she expelled her last breath. Jia had cried for days, she cried at the loss of her mother. She cried because her father did not care that her mother died. It had to be the hardest month of her life.

Because not too long after, her baby brother died too. He could not survive the harsh winter; it was good that he died naturally. Jia dreaded to think what her father and ‘friends’ would have done, had they found out he was a weak cub.

Jia angrily wiped the tears away, she hadn’t realised she was crying. But not they started, she couldn’t stop. Sinking down onto her bed, she wept.

“Why are you crying?” a deep voice spoke to her. On instinct, Jia shot up fast and crouched in a deadly fashion ready to change into her Lycanthrope form if the stranger dared attack. He would be in for a shock, though she was a female, she had the strength and speed of an original Lycanthrope. Jia could rip out the stranger’s throat in a heartbeat.

“I’m not going to hurt you,” the voice called out again. It was a deep masculine voice, which lilted and soothed her. But Jia didn’t allow herself to get distracted; instead she let out a snarl.

“If you possess a brain, you would leave now before I kill you. Or better yet, have the guards take you and have them eat your organs.”

A laugh sounded, and Jia frowned. The male stranger should be terrified, but he was…amused.

Jia’s temper flared at his attitude. “You dare laugh at me? Do you know who I am?”

The stranger stepped into the dim light of her room. Oh mama!

Standing at 6 ft 4, he would surely be a hard man to miss. His skin held a healthy glow, and his eyes held mischief and curiosity in them reminding Jia of a child looking for trouble but fun. His body was lean and ripped, dressed in a black renaissance shirt and rugged dark brown pants he looked stunning. The shirt allowed a small view of his toned chest and his dark brown hair was mussed and the ends were coated in sweat adding to his striking looks. Without a doubt he was the most gorgeous man.

“I know who you are…and so do a lot of other people. But they forgot to mention that you were a little vain,” the hot stranger replied with a grin that would have made Jia burn with desire had she not been insulted at the same time.

“Did anyone tell you that you were a rude arrogant buffoon?”

The stranger nodded. “Yes. Actually, I’m told on a daily basis so please feel free to tell me again. I believe I’ve only been told 20 times today.”

Jia smiled against her will, for someone so annoying he was charming and sarcastic. Who knew she could find someone like him funny?

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Jia finally asked, the stranger bowed but kept his eyes on her.

“The name’s Jung Ji Hoon,” he said in a voice that mocked hers, she tried to get angry but she couldn’t. He just seemed like a person who was bored, nothing more.

“Well Ji Hoon, I’m Jia…but wait you already know me? And if you don’t leave now, then I will be forced to kill you,” Jia tried to sound threatening, but Ji Hoon’s gaze was so intense and hot her voice trembled towards the end of her sentence.

Ji Hoon smirked. “No you won’t.”

“No I won’t what?”

“You won’t kill me.”

Jia scowled. “You don’t think I can?”

Ji Hoon continued to smirk. “Oh no, I don't doubt your skills. However, if you truly wanted to kill me, then you would have done it already. And I know that you have a much kinder heart than the ones you call family and friends.”

Jia wanted to snap back, but she couldn’t seem to find words to argue back with. Deep down, she knew Ji Hoon was right. She wouldn’t kill him, she couldn’t. Taking a life had always been her weakness, and it was something other original families about.

But Jia wouldn’t let some riff raff guess her so easily. Not yet anyway.

“You know nothing about me Lycan. You don’t have the right to be here.”

Ji Hoon looked highly offended at her words, he jumped off the balcony and towered over her. Jia’s eyes couldn’t help but wander over his magnificent body, there was no fat on him what so ever. Just muscle, and how she wished she could have those powerful arms wrap around her but she knew better. He wasn’t ‘pure’ like her, her father would object to their match.

“I am no Lycan,” his voice rang loud and proudly in her ears. Panicking, Jia searched his body till she found the mark. A mark of unity, a mark signifying that this man before her was a war lock.

She backed away hurriedly, and Ji Hoon watched her tremble as she was so close to changing.

“You have signed your death wish Witch, for just saying my name,” Jia snarled, as the heat spread out across her body. Ji Hoon didn’t even look nervous let alone terrified, he remained calm and that annoyingly gorgeous grin was still on his lips.

“Are you going to get now?”

His crudeness shocked her that Jia actually stopped and just gaped at him, no one dared speak to her like that. Not even Jaesu, and to find someone who did was shocking…and it made her angrier. Especially since the man who was doing the talking was a Warlock!

“If you value your life, get out. My hunting party will find you in a matter of hours, so run now. But I daresay you won’t find anywhere to hide. I now have your scent for eternity.”

Ji Hoon cocked his head inquisitively; he saw the hurt in her eyes. The frustration, but most off all the defensive walls she kept around herself. She’d been trained to stay alert, to not trust anyone. As a Witch, he had an almost human upbringing. The love and kindness from his parents, but he knew how the Lycanthrope race were. Treating their own kind like , and as he looked at Jia he couldn’t find a reason as to how anyone could hurt her.

She was beautiful and fragile, even if she was an original she possessed a vulnerability that ignited his protective instincts.

When he first saw Jia, riding to one of the nearby lakes, he was captivated. Ji Hoon’s kind would have him hung for even looking at a Lycanthrope, but not all Lycanthrope’s held this much sadness in their eyes.

He had watched her cry by the side, as she angrily threw rocks into the lake. At the time he had wanted to rush out and comfort her, but he knew that if he did she would have killed him.

“Why do you do that?” Ji Hoon asked Jia with serious curiosity, she wanted to sigh and slap him. He was the most confusing creature she had ever had a conversation with, any encounters she had with Witches ended shortly…mostly one ended up dead and it was always the Witch.

However with Ji Hoon – this hot stranger – made her feel calm and his gaze was sincere, as if he truly cared what she thought and felt. That novelty of that alone was blinding.

Jia narrowed her eyes, confused. “What do you mean? Honestly you have to be more detailed with your questions,” she meant them to sound cold and hard, but instead her voice was playful and firm. What did he do to her? Jia’s father would have a fit if he saw her acting like this…in front of a Warlock. 

Ji Hoon almost laughed at her dry responses, it was hard for him to stay cool and still. Jia looked magnificently beautiful in the dim light, her blue gown contrasted against her creamy skin giving the effect that her skin was luminous.

*I’m going to be in so much * Ji Hoon thought, but as he watched her graceful moves he realised it was worth it. He wanted to see Jia smile, ever since that day at the lake he hadn’t been able to get her miserable face out of his mind. What would Jia’s face look like with a smile? Would she look youthful? Would it add to her beauty?

*I am definitely in for this* he thought with more certainty than before. Witches in general were not supposed to feel like this, as a Warlock he should be trying to kill her. The magic inside him was brewing, wanting to be released but Ji Hoon kept them leashed. He should be thinking about killing Jia with one easy swipe of his hand, but instead his mind was plagued with images of her hands roaming his body. Her lips pressed against his…

“Do Warlocks do this often?” Jia’s melodic and sarcastic voice broke his train of thought. Ji Hoon stared down at her.

“Do what?”

“Ignore questions? Oh my god. I’m talking to a Witch,” Jia fretted as the situation dawned on her. “You fool, you have gotten yourself killed. Why are you such a buffoon?!”

Ji Hoon laughed quietly. She was the only Lycan she had ever met who thought about saving someone else rather than herself, which was why he was curious about her. Jia was selfless and he knew very well how Lycanthrope males treated their females, and for some reason he found himself thinking that if anyone hurt Jia in any way he wouldn’t hesitate to unleash his wrath on them.

Ji Hoon was no ordinary Warlock, but a Warlock who had unimaginable power. Powers that were handed to him by the elders of his people, when he had killed his first Lycanthrope with his almost pathetic powers at the age of 8 the elders were impressed. A fully grown Lycan destroying a village and an 8 year old Warlock defeating him would impress anyone, but the elders saw the raw determination and the gallant actions proved to the elders he was fit for the great powers.

Ji Hoon gave her a cocky grin. “Don’t worry. No one followed me, I made sure of it.”

“Why do I get the feeling you do this often?” Jia whispered. She found it weird she feared for his life, she wanted to hate him. Launch herself at him and sink her teeth into him and kill him right here right now, but she didn’t see what that would achieve?

As an original, she had been brought up to believe that all Witches were evil. Others agreed blindly, but she always questioned it.

Ji Hoon rolled his eyes. “If you mean do I visit female Lycanthropes often, then no I don’t. But sneaking around often, yes, yes I do,” he admitted proudly. Jia scowled.

“You will get yourself killed. In fact I should kill you right now.”

Ji Hoon pointed to her. “See, you’re doing it again.”

Wha…” but she quietened down. “What do you mean now?!” she asked irritated.

“You turn to violence when you’re afraid. You’re afraid to tell anybody what you really feel because you are frightened that they will mock you. Jia, I promise you with me…you do not have to hide yourself.”

Then he did the most surprising thing of all, he cupped her cheek gently. She gasped lightly at his warm and gentle touch, other men have never touched her like this, but all the other men were Lycanthropes. Ji Hoon was a Warlock…he belonged to the Witch race.

Jia swallowed. “I-I don’t know whether to trust you or not,” she said truthfully. One side of his luscious lips curved up into a charming smirk.

“I don’t trust myself half the time but I promise you this. I will not mock you for being you, you can be yourself around me. I will forget about your heritage and I hope you show me the same respect.”

“Why are you doing this? You are supposed to hate me,” Jia argued, but it was such a feeble attempt she might as well have stayed quiet.

Ji Hoon gave her a droll stare. “The Gods got bored and decided to pit creatures against each other. Appalling I know, but what about being friends? Forget that our entire species are supposed to rip each other's hearts out.”

Jia almost fainted. “A Lycanthrope and a Warlock…friends?”

He shrugged casually. “Yeah. Why not? I’m all for rule breaking.”

Jia gnawed at her lip nervously. “I don’t know. It’s dangerous, we shouldn’t even be having this conversation, I should have killed you. Ripped your-…” he raised a brow at her.

He was right. She did turn to violence whenever she was terrified, in her defence it’s her father’s fault. His motto was ‘if it scares you. Scare it more.’ Not something you should teach a 9 year old Lycan but her family was far from normal.

“Seize the moment Jia. Besides, wouldn’t it be fun to be friends with a Warlock? Like now, have you not realised your father has not come yet?”

She widened her eyes. Lycan’s have excellent hearing, but they’ve been talking for over 20 minutes and still he hasn’t come barging into her room with guards ready to arrest Ji Hoon.

"Did you cast a charm to prevent them from hearing?" she asked in disblief.

He nodded. “I can give you freedom. With me you do not have to be a stuck up pure blooded Lycan…”

“Hey!” she protested.

He carried on. “You can be yourself. Just trust me.”

“I don’t know you. You don’t know me…”

“And yet you stand here talking to an enemy. You haven’t hurt me and I haven’t hurt you.” Ji Hoon pressed on.

Jia sighed. He certainly was stubborn.

Jia didn’t know what to do. She wanted to believe him, but centuries of believing that his kind was evil made it hard to do so. It didn’t help that his smile was heartbreakingly beautiful Seriously, Ji Hoon should be revered. Even female Lycanthropes would ogle him.

She found herself trusting him…slowly. She nodded abruptly, not believing that she just put her trust into a Warlock. Yes, she was definitely going mad.

Ji Hoon felt the need to start dancing, but he managed to stay together. But the need to kiss Jia was too strong, and before he knew it he was leaning down.

Jia froze as his masculine scent swarmed around her. She backed away from him, she heard him sigh.

“We can’t do that. Hell, we shouldn’t even be doing this!” Jia panicked, but Ji Hoon laughed and headed towards the balcony.

“Don’t worry. I’m an extremely good friend,” then he leapt over and disappeared.

*Present day*

You gaped as GD finished telling the story.

“You’re trying to tell me that you have the Hye family’s blood running through your veins?” Yoona asked, jealousy clouding her tone. “I thought their bloodline ended with Hye Jia, her father's sons died before being able to mate and give any offspring,” she looked at you. “Obviously not.”

“So ~~~~~ ah’s mother…socialised with a Warlock?” Taeyang asked incredulously, you waited for GD to answer.

“Not at first. She told your father to go away, to never return. And of course threatening to kill him, but your father…was stubborn,” GD said with a small smile. You wanted to cry, they were the parents you would never know. It hurt to think about them.

“So it wasn’t love at first sight?” you asked.

Remi snorted. “Hardly. For your father maybe, but your mother was a sceptic in the beginning of their relationship and a realist. She believed that they had no future together.”

You looked at Taeyang. He’d dressed himself in faded jeans and a loose t shirt, making him look innocent and normal but you knew that he was strong and fast. But your parents’ story gave you hope…maybe you and Taeyang could be together. If you both believed you could do it and tried, maybe this could happen.

“What does this have to do with me?” Taeyang looked at you then his eyes wandered to GD, who kept his hands together. His knuckles white at the effort of keeping them there.

“Remember I said ~~~~~~ ah was a reincarnated soul?”

You and Taeyang both nodded.

If looks could kill, Taeyang would be lying dead on the floor. GD’s eyes burned with an intense glare. “She died…because of you.”

You immediately scooted further away from Taeyang, the horror of the situation sinking in.

“Y-You killed me in my past life?”

Taeyang shook his head, the thought that he killed your was absurd. He could never hurt you. “~~~~~ ah I didn’t know you. I was injured for a long time, so I couldn’t have,” he tried to reason with you. He reached out for your hand but you snatched it away.

“~~~~~~ ah,” GD interrupted. “As much as I want to turn you against him, you need to know the entire truth.”

You snarled, and it was animalistic and dangerous. It shocked you and everyone at first, but you needed to know desperately.

“What? What have you been hiding.”

“Taeyang…didn’t kill you. As in he wasn’t the one who took your life. But he might as well have,” GD continued quietly, but Taeyang heard him.

“Spit it out.”

“Tell us the truth oppa. Please?” you pleaded. GD sighed.

“You and Taeyang…were in love in your past life ~~~~~ ah. And you were killed because of what you are and your love for Taeyang and his love for you.”

========

Long chap I know :D Hope you liked it. And yes, Ji Hoon is Rain...he's amazing!!! xD And Jia is just a fictional character ahah. Please comment! It really helps me and encourages me to write xx