Memories

Midnight

Jaesu stood in front of a mirror, as he checked his formal attire. He wore an all black Armani suit that was custom made for him, and him only.

“Only I deserve the best,” he said to himself arrogantly, as he checked his cufflinks. A tall, dark haired man stepped into Jaesu’s luxurious room.

“My Lord, the guests have arrived. Would you like to me announce that you will be making your entrance?”

“Why are you asking me this? You should know when to announce things, do your job properly or I will cut off your tongue so I no longer have to listen to your wretched and irritating sentences,” Jaesu hurled at the man in a venomous voice.

The man bowed in terror and quickly backed away from the room. Jaesu smirked and continued to admire his handsome features.

An image of his son involuntarily invaded his mind. He cursed loudly.

“I will kill that bastard for even daring to disobey me. No one crosses me and gets away with it.”

-

-

-

Hundreds of Lycans were milling around Jaesu’s manor, which was very grand and lush. There were many types of Lycans here tonight, some were pure bloods, or course they were the most important guests. Some guests were normal Lycans, meaning one of their ancestors had birthed a child with a human so the bloodline is 'tainted'. And the lowest of all Lycans, the human turned Lycanthropes.

The tension in the room was tangible, but it was under Jaesu’s strictest order that there was to be no fighting unless he ordered there to be one.

“I must say, Lord Jaesu always throws wonderful gathering events,” a pure blooded Lycan whispered to his mate, she nodded in agreement.

“I wish you would throw such a party Doojoon,” the girl said with a wistful sigh. Doojoon frowned and he let out a low growl.

“Do not push me in public, Dara.”

Jaesu made his entrance, and it was a grand one. Melodic music was played by an orchestra and Jaesu entered with his guard surrounding him. Everyone stared in awe at the sheer power of him, and he relished the attention he received.

He made his way up the golden stairs and sat on his golden throne, which he’d had since the 13th century.

“Lycans!” he said in a booming voice. “I have us all gathered here today, because we are soon to come out of hiding.”

There were excited murmurs in the crowd.

“For centuries, we have been searching day and night. High and low, for a progeny. The progeny of a Lycan and a Witch!”

The crowd grew louder as they grew more and more eager to hear the news. Were they going to sample this magical blood themselves?

“We have found the progeny once more! The progeny was reincarnated by a Witch, and is being housed by scoundrels,” Jaesu snarled, his son’s name was on the tip of his tongue but he stayed quiet. “We will kill those who dare stand in the way of us and The progeny!”

The air stirred, and each of the Lycans howled loudly.

“We will soon be free!”

“To roam the streets amongst the filthy humans in our true form!”

“To enslave the humans! The scum that they are!”

“To kill the Witches freely!”

Jaesu grinned darkly as he watched his people cheer in joy at the news, he too was itching to enslave the humans. They were the reason that his kind were in hiding.

“When do we get the blood?” a Lycan asked.

The look on Jaesu’s face immediately silenced the celebration, he stood up and then leapt off his throne and landed in a deadly crouch in front of the Lycan in his beastly form, like Taeyang he was a large black Lycan but his eyes were darker and cruel. With one easy and deadly swipe of his sharp claws, he sliced the Lycan's head off.

It rolled along the floor, leaving a large trail of blood as it flew. Women gasped, children turned white and some cried…and Jaesu didn’t care. In fact, he enjoyed the wailing since he was the one who caused it. *Crying is for the weak. I will have to remind my guards to kill those I saw crying.*

Jaesu turned to face the crowd behind him, his eyes blazing. He returned to his human form.

“Does anybody else think they will sample the blood of The progeny?”

No one dared look up. Jaesu growled, he detested the weak. His own son was weak…and that disgusted him to his very soul.

“No one but me will drink the blood of The progeny, I am the leader of this entire race. My blood is purer than anybody’s in this room, you dare even think for a moment you will drink the blood that will give you the power to end the world. Then you are all mistake,” Jaesu shouted in a conceited voice.

A Lycan bowed at his feet.

“I apologise Lord Jaesu.”

The Lycan stood up and Jaesu ran him through with a jewelled sword he kept in his holster, blood poured out of the Lycan's lips. More blood leaked from his stomach where Jaesu had killed him.

“I did not give you permission to speak… ing kisser,” Jaesu hissed as he pulled out his sword. The Lycans wife and child cried silently, so that Jaesu would not find and kill them too.

Jaesu straightened his jacket and fixed his hair back into place.

“Now. Back to the party.”

No one moved.

“Start ing dancing!” he roared, Lycans jumped and began to scuttle. Jaesu laughed. *I have this much power now. Imagine the power I will hold once I drink that ’s blood. I can kill people without moving from my throne, with a simple killing spell.*

Jaesu laughed to himself. *The first person I will kill is my ing son…oh no. I will kill his repulsive mate in front of his eyes, and drain her body of the blood that will give me permanent magic. Then I will make him watch me drink her blood.*

He squirmed in delight at the image of Taeyang’s agonised face. *Revenge is truly sweet.*

-

-

-

“Ouch!  Yah! Could you be a little more gentle?!” GD snapped at you, as you stitched up his shoulder which was bitten pretty badly. Sighing in frustration you tugged hard on purpose. “~~~~ ah!”

“Well stop acting like a baby and I might be nicer to you! Seriously, anyone would think I’m hacking away at you with a saw. Besides, you’re half , I think I’m the one who should be complaining,” you grumbled as you expertly sowed his skin together. “It’s not my fault that anaesthetic doesn’t work on Lycans. Seriously, you would have thought the Gods would have allowed stuff like that to work on you. If you are there most sacred weapon you’d think they want you healed fast.”

GD rolled his eyes. “We were created before Christ, I don’t think the Gods were that organised by planning ahead of the time they created us. Besides, we do heal fast. The anaesthetic stuff doesn’t work because the Lycan genes in our bodies attack it.”

You blew a raspberry. “Well that’s just stupid. Hang on! Will anaesthetic work on me?”

“I don’t see why it won’t. You’re half Witch, so it should. But maybe not as long as it would on a human.”

Relieved, you continued to work your human medicine magic on GD.

Hyori walked in with a tray full of food. “I cooked and I saved some for you two, everyone’s already eaten. So help yourself.”

“Wah! Thank you unnie!” you aid gratefully and bowed.

“Hurry up ~~~~~ ah! I need the toilet!” GD complained.

Hyori laughed. “You could have just asked me to heal him, or I could have taught you.”

“I know, but I just wanted to do something that’s really familiar to me. It’s kind of keeping me sane,” you explained in a low voice. Hyori nodded in understanding.

“Well, if you need anything call me or any of the others. We won’t be far.”

She left. *Thank god Hyori unnie has this place!*

She owned a large house on the outskirts of Seoul, and the other houses were pretty much empty. Though it wasn’t as luxurious as Taeyang’s home, it was comfortable and felt like a usual family home.

“How do you think Woo Jin escaped?” you asked your cousin.

GD sighed. “I’m really not sure. I thought he was tied up pretty tight, obviously I thought wrong.”

“Do you think that the Witches working for Jaesu taught the Lycans magic?”

GD shook his head. “No, it’s impossible for Lycans to wield any sort of magic. Unless of course they drink Witch’s blood, which will only allow them to wield magic temporarily. It can also depend on the Witch’s strength, the stronger the Witch the longer the magic lasts, the weaker the Witch the shorter it lasts.”

“And with my blood?”

GD hesitated but answered. “With your blood, they can wield magic permanently. And the magic will be very powerful.”

That right there was some scary stuff. You were glad you had survived the attack earlier that night.

“Do you think more will be coming oppa?”

“I don’t think, I know more will be coming. I just don’t know when.”

Sighing, you finished. “There, you’re all stitched up. Don’t fight with the guys, it will open your wound again and I really can’t take any more of your girly .”

He smiled and kissed the top of your head in a brotherly fashion. “Thanks ~~~~ ah.”

He grabbed his bowl of food and left you alone. You too began to eat, you were in the middle of chewing when you felt powerful hands rest around your shoulders. The familiar scent engulfed you, and you smiled happily.

“How are you feeling?” you asked Taeyang. You rubbed his arm soothingly, whilst he nuzzled the back of your neck.

“Sore, but I’ll live. After all, my father did teach me how to endure pain,” he laughed. You put your food down and turned to look at him seriously.

“Don’t joke about things like that.”

His laughter died down and he nodded. “I know I really shouldn’t,” he sighed. “How are you doing?”

You allowed him to kiss you deeply, before you answered. “Honestly…I’m feeling a little bit of everything.”

Taeyang smiled and curled a piece of hair behind your ear. Your beauty still struck him, as if he couldn’t believe you were sitting here with him. That you could have loved him before, and still love him now. The novelty of your love will never die.

“Well, I’m proud of you. You saved us out there.”

“Yes, but I killed people in the process,” you added glumly.

Taeyang finally found the source of your discomfort. The guilty conscious of killing people had stung you to the very core of your soul, and yet…you hadn’t killed Woo Jin. You were too good for him, because he would have killed Woo Jin without a second’s thought and Yoona would have thanked him for it. Instead, you had held yourself together and allowed him to live. You blamed yourself for Woo Jin's escape, the thought that if anyone dies because Woo Jin escaped to get help…it would be on your conscious for eternity.

“They have killed many more people than you have. I know it’s hard to live with the seeing the light in someone’s eyes go out, but I need you to remember that you saved your friends and family. They are thankful to you and owe you their lives, and I owe you mine too.”

You frowned, confused. “What do you mean?”

“Well, from releasing your powers, you kept yourself from dying. I would never be able to live with myself with the knowledge that you died a breath away from me, and I couldn’t stop it. I-…” he trailed off as anger and sadness consumed him.

You his cheek. “You’re not losing me that easily,” you said smiling.

Taeyang crushed your body to his, and kissed you with a passion that should be bottled and sold. This kiss was different, it was hot and demanding, his mouth was sweet and slick and his tongue worked wonders against yours.

“I want you ~~~~~~ ah,” he breathed against your lips.

“I am yours,” you said as he nibbled the soft skin on your neck. Picking you up, he stormed into a bedroom with a hastiness that made you laugh.

“I’m sorry, it’s just, I didn’t want your cousin to interrupt us,” he explained with a tender grin. You cupped his cheek and kissed him giggling, you flipped him over and pinned him to the bed.

You slowly ed his shirt while kissing him, he expected your kiss to be soft and shy – which he was content with – instead this kiss was fierce as you ravished his mouth.

Every hormone in your body was on fire for this guy, and your desire for Taeyang heightened when your hands roamed along his ripped chest, his muscles rippled under your hands. Your tongue danced with his, in a slow rhythm that left you wanting more.

“I love you ~~~~~ ah.”

“I love you more.”

He shook his head. “Not possible.”

The two of you continued till you made, sweet, passionate love.

-

-

-

You leaned over Taeyang, sobbing so hard you couldn’t breathe. You lifted your hand and plunged a dagger into his chest, he jerked forward.

“I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry,” you whispered over and over, as you dragged the dagger along his chest to cut out a whole. “God, I’m so sorry,” you wailed.

Taeyang spurted blood from his mouth, his eyes hooded and losing their warm brown tinge.

“It’s okay.”

He lifted his hand up to your face, your cheek with a tender touch. You cried even harder. You held his hand there with your own bloody one.

“I will always love you,” he whispered, before his hand went lip against your cheek and his shaking stopped.

“I love you, I love you so much,” you cried, as you kissed his hand as tears fell relentlessly from your eyes. You pulled out his heart, but continued to cry over his lifeless body…

“~~~~~ ah!” Taeyang shook you hard.

He was drowning with worry. He woke to find you hunched over a pillow, crying and holding your hands to your mouth. No matter how loud he shouted, how hard he shook you, you wouldn’t snap out of it.

Glad you were already wearing clothes; he dressed himself in record time and called for Hyori. She raced into their room.

“What’s wrong?”

Taeyang struggled not to cry. “S-She can’t hear me, I’ve done everything I can.”

The others came into the room. “What’s happening?” Remi asked. She cupped in worry as she saw your state. “Oh my god.”

Hyori knelt in front of you. “~~~~~ ah?”

“I’m sorry for everything,” you wailed. “I will love you forever Taeyang.”

Hyori in a sharp breath.

“,” she looked at Seung Ri. “I need you to go to my room, and get me the big red box. Now!”

He rushed out the room. Taeyang stood by your side.

“What’s wrong with her?”

“This is a Witch’s doing. They are channelling all of ~~~~~~ ah’s old memories into her new body, so she cannot distinguish reality from a dream. If we leave her like this any longer, she could lose her mind. Where is Seung Ri!” Hyori hissed.

They were on a tight deadline, if they wanted to keep you alive and in the right state of mind.

 =======

Hey! Sorry for the late update, hope you all liked it :D It's quite a long chap ;) Anywho, please comment!!! And subscribe!!!! <333