True Horror

Midnight

The figure walked into the light of the moon as it streamed through the window, a tall graceful woman stood in the middle of Taeyang’s living room.

Her hair was pulled back into a slick and tight ponytail, her black hair shining in the light. Her lips were stained with a blood red lipstick, and her eyes rimmed with thick black eyeliner.

Taeyang stiffened as he recognised her.

“You always did love your entrances, Yoona,” he growled softly, he slowly threw his jacket aside and opened a cabinet. He took out a bottle of whisky and poured out one glass, Yoona tsked and sat down in the large white leather sofa.

“An old friend comes to visit and you don’t offer me anything? I must say I’m quite offended,” she said in bored tone, as her hands drifted down the arm of the sofa.

Taeyang shook his head at her; she was without a doubt a beautiful woman. Tall, slender, stunningbut a cold hearted . She was seductive and every man wanted a piece of her. She wore a black backless jumpsuit that accentuated all of her curves, and as she turned her head his eyes zoned in on her tattoo on her shoulder.

He leaned against the wall and inclined his head towards her.

“So I take it you have a mate.”

When Lycanthropes mated, a matching intricate mark would appear on their shoulders. No mating mark was ever the same, it was different for each Lycanthrope mates.

Yoona laughed darkly and stood up, her lithe body graceful. “I prefer to use the term '', but we all have different takes on it don’t we?”

She circled his sofa before she stood before him, her breath skimming his face. Taeyang took one deep inhale and he wanted to groan in irritation, Yoona was…in heat.

“You know better than to come here,” he pushed her gently away and strode to the other side of the room. Yoona bit her lip and looked at him suggestively, if it was any other man then Yoona would get what she wanted but Taeyang didn’t even feel a rush of heat as he stared at her. And Yoona wasn’t exactly unpleasant to look at.

“You’ve changed. You’ve gotten meaner, it’s kind of y,” she gave him a knowing look, he laughed and took a sip of the whisky ignoring her flirtatious comments.

“Who’s the lucky guy then?” Taeyang asked sarcastically. Yoona sighed annoyed.

“Only you would think of a guy when a woman is trying to get into your pants.”

Taeyang laughed. “Come on Yoona, I’ve turned you down before. And I’m turning you down again, I really don’t want you.”

For a moment she looked pissed, but the next second she put her hands on her hips and gave him her iest smile.

“I can change your mind. And besides…” in a blink of an eye she was in front of him, she wrapped her hands around his neck. “…I would be better than that short skinny human you hang around with.”

His patience snapped and with one move, Taeyang threw Yoona away with one forceful push that was too supernatural to be human. Yoona was airborne and then suddenly she twisted herself and landed on all fours, her eyes a yellow green colour which reflected the light and a smirk formed across her lips.

“You’re getting rusty. Have you not been practicing?” she taunted him, Taeyang let out a feral growl and almost strangled her but he knew better and caught himself before he could wrap his hands around her dainty neck and…

“What do you want Yoona? I would really hate to send you back to your mate in pieces,” Taeyang snapped taking a large gulp of the whisky.

She straightened up and her eyes returned to their normal colour, she was breathing heavily.

“I really doubt Woo Jin would care,” she said her voice ice cold, her body stiffened as she said his name.

Taeyang let out a cruel laugh. “You mated with Woo Jin? Wow, I never thought I would pity you. I would be surprised if he hasn’t slept with 20 other women since the day you mated, that’s an incredibly low number of females for him.”

Yoona tried to disguise the hurt she felt. “He does what he wants, and I do what I want.”

Taeyang raised an eyebrow. Original Lycanthrope males were extremely protective of their female mates, even if love wasn’t involved in the equation. Most Lycanthropes mated because of purity, to form alliances or for the strength and speed of the offspring. Love was rare to find in Lycanthrope mates, it was usually an act out of necessity rather than out of love.

Woo Jin was from a pure original Lycanthrope family, rich and deadly, Woo Jin got what he wanted. Yoona was also from a pure Lycanthrope family and extremely beautiful. She was strong enough and fast enough, some may call her the perfect mating partner whilst Taeyang called her the perfect one night stand.

“Really? Well if I were you I’d check up on the last guy you screwed, check Woo Jin hasn’t had him gelded. I for one like my on me rather than on a plate.”

Yoona glared at him. “Why did you refuse to mate with me? All you had to do was father more Lycanthrope offspring.”

Taeyang didn’t look up at her. Taeyang was a Lycanthrope; he belonged to the purest Lycanthrope family. He was practically royalty in their world; every female Lycanthrope would die to be mated to him, ones like Yoona. His family would kill him for even thinking of mating with a human, let alone actually doing it. A vivid image of you came involuntarily into his mind, images of kissing your full lips. It was more than a guy could bear.

“I have things to do.”

Yoona let out a cackling laugh. “Things to do? You’re one and only duty in life was to help your father rule the kingdom and produce powerful offspring. People want you home, your people are needs you and your father....”

“I don’t care about my father, Yoona,” Taeyang cut her off harshly, he leaned back on the sofa. He massaged his temples as he felt a headache forming. He inhaled but Yoona's strong female scent was making his head spin.

“Look Yoona, you stink. Find another guy, just tell me why you’re here,” he said impatiently. He heard Yoona walk closer to him, her spiked heels poking out of the end of her jumpsuit.

“What makes you think I came here to tell you something?”

Taeyang was nothing more than a hazy blur as he pounced at Yoona, grabbing her by the neck and pushing her up against a wall. He tightened his grip on her neck and he watched her struggle to breathe.

Taeyang’s lips curled over his teeth, which seemed to be growing sharper. His eyes were turning the eerie shade of yellow, and his breathing soon came out in raspy growls.

“You’re using up my patience Yoona; you have 5 seconds to tell me why you’re here. If not, then I will break your oesophagus and end your existence,” he hissed with so much venom Yoona whimpered.

“It’s…the human girl,” she managed to gasp between short breaths.

As if his entire world fell apart, Taeyang released his grip on her neck and his features became more human.

“What’s happening to her?” he asked Yoona, and when she didn’t answer he grabbed her arm and pulled her up. “TELL ME!” he shouted.

“They’re going to take her,” Yoona said between clenched teeth. “You told her about our race Taeyang. What? You didn’t think someone kept tabs on you? Of course they did, no one can walk away from their past just like that. Not even the great Taeyang.”

Taeyang’s jaw tightened as a rage so strong inside him was building, wanting to burst. If his kind laid one finger on you, they created their own death sentence. No one should piss of the purest and most original Lycanthrope.

Taeyang glowered down at Yoona, who was rubbing her already bruising neck.

“How did you find out about this?”

Yoona stood up and straightened her jumpsuit, her features hard and cold.

She circled Taeyang. “Woo Jin was bragging about it. He relished that Taeyang, the one and only heir to his father’s kingdom, broke the code. I must say, you always did produce great gossip,” she smirked and she walked towards the window. Opening it and the cool night breeze flew around her.

“Why are you telling me this?”

Yoona smiled at him and sat on the ledge. “I guess I like you.”

“How long do I have?” Taeyang asked in a strained voice. Yoona shrugged and peered down, studying the long drop down.

“I don’t know but you better hurry. The big bad wolf is coming to get your lady,” Yoona mocked before she jumped out the window.

Taeyang heard her land smoothly, and the click clack of her heels as she walked away. But he soon pushed Yoona out of his mind, whizzing around his home he picked up weapons he had stashed the moment he moved in.

He took down a painting that hung up on his wall, he took out a blade from the back of a painting. Sharp and long, the blade was made for killing and slaughtering. Taeyang grabbed a black leather coat from his wardrobe and hastily shoved it on, grabbing his blade he left the building. His powerful gait would have anyone or anything quiver in fear.

They picked the wrong person to mess with.

-

-

-

You didn’t call anyone after you bought your book, you wanted time to think. A hundred reasons ran through your mind on how you could have possibly offended him. He had such bad mood swings it made you scowl in confusion.

Why is he so afraid to get so close to me? Why can’t he just let me in? You kept on asking yourself, but you knew the answer. His anger and the way he kept everyone out…they were his defence mechanisms. They were there to keep people from hurting him…betraying him. Your heart lurched at the thought. Who hurt him so badly? You kept on asking yourself.

It was beginning to get dark and windy, and soon enough you felt a drop of water splatter across your cheek. You looked up and cursed.

“Great. Rain…just what I needed,” you snarled to yourself. You hurriedly walked on, deciding to cut through the park to get home much quicker. You felt stupid, you should have called someone. Even Seung Ri would have taken you home without hesitating.

“Actually, I might call someone now,” you said. You fished out your phone from your bag, but soon frowned. No signal. “Ugh! What are the chances!” you yelped, and grumpily shoved it back in your bag, trekking through the dark path.

You heard leaves rustling to your side, nothing but bushes and trees surrounded you. You felt your heart pounding heavily in your chest, you walked faster and faster telling yourself not to let your imagination get the better of you.

You were thankful for the one street lamp, the orange light providing very little light. At least it was light!

“Nothing is going to happen to you,” you whispered to yourself. You screamed loudly as a bird flew out of the bushes and straight past you, you could heard your pulse pumping blood rapidly around your body.

Laughing at how frightened you were at something so stupid, you took a deep breath and carried on walking. Then you heard it…

It was chilling.

Frightening.

And you had never it before in your entire life…

A growl so menacing and so spine chilling you wanted to run for your life. But your limbs were frozen, stiff to the very bone. You couldn’t move, you couldn’t even open your mouth to scream your heart out. Nothing…you were completely helpless.

And it came…

Emerging from the shadows, you couldn’t help but stare. Stare at the yellow orbs in the darkness, the orbs were so large it captivated you. You wondered what it was…what possessed eyes that demonic?

Slowly and slowly it crept out of the dark and made its towards you, like a predator taunting its prey. You swallowed as realisation dawned on you…you were the prey.

And then you saw it…

It was large…larger than any animal you had ever seen. It’s grey fur shimmered in the orange light, and it towered over you as it stood on it's hind legs. Claws that were made for nothing else but killing, and teeth so sharp and lethal were exposed. It growled deep in its throat, and you swore you saw it its teeth. As if it already tasted you.

And with one long howl from the large beast, you screamed again but this time with true sheer terror. As you saw what you thought was a large wolf. A wolf so large it blocked the entire path, it was at least 3 times large than a grizzly bear.

You ran like hell, like you’d never run before. Willing your legs to go faster than they already were, your hair was whipped back and your arms swung wildly beside you urging you to go faster.

You could hear it behind you, hear it growl and gnash it’s teeth together in anticipation.

You stumbled and fell, landing with a loud thud on the ground. You felt the blood seep through your jeans as you scuffed your knees. You tried to get up but your knees ached like crazy, you cried in frustration and panic as you realised you might die tonight. You couldn't hear or see the wolf anymore, that worried you to the very core of your soul.

Is this what your dreams were telling you? That you were going to die painfully, not even having had a chance to say goodbye to the people you loved. You cried even more.

Suddenly you felt someone grab you pulling you up, you screamed again and balled your fists and began striking with all the strength you possessed.

“~~~~~ ah stop! Stop!” you heard the familiar voice. You wanted to cry and laugh as you threw yourself at Taeyang, hugging him tight. Then pulled back.

“We have to go, there’s something coming. Please we have to go-…” but you screamed as it pounced on Taeyang. “No!” you wailed as they tumbled on the ground. The wolf was so much large than Taeyang, it was a miracle he could still hold the wolf away. God you underestimated his strength.

“~~~~~ ah! Run!” he shouted his voice strained as he fought back the wolf, you tried to but you couldn’t. You couldn’t leave Taeyang behind to fight against a creature so savage. The wolf’s teeth were dangerously close to his face.

“~~~~~~ ah! Get out of here!” he bellowed again. You shook your head.

“I’m not leaving without you,” you shouted back and hurriedly ran to try and find anything. Anything, a rock or even a twig…something you could use as a weapon. You finally found a jagged rock and taking a deep breath you faced Taeyang and the wolf again, ready to do what you had to do.

Taeyang could easily hold the wolf off, but with you to think about it was almost useless. How could he fight and keep you safe at the same time? He couldn’t reach his blade, and it pissed him off to an ugly point.

“I am sick your breath on my face,” Taeyang hissed. Taeyang closed his eyes, and let the warmth and the beast inside claim his entire body.

You ran but stopped, as Taeyang’s clothes ripped and tore to shreds as he transformed into a bigger midnight black wolf.

You felt as if someone had punched you, leaving you winded and empty. Taeyang was…one of them. No not them…it. He wasn’t human, not even a little bit.

You watched with horror filled eyes as Taeyang ripped the throat of the other wolf. You had never seen anything so horrible in your life, you wanted to cover your eyes but you couldn’t move. Completely immobilised you watched every second with terror evident in your tear stained face. Wait…was it even okay to call him Taeyang? Or was that just another disguise…like his human look.

Once the other wolf was dead, the black wolf that was Taeyang looked at you and you were surprised to find shame and guilt in its eyes but the minute you saw the blood dripping from the black wolf’s mouth, you instantly felt sick to the very core of your human life. It slowly walked towards you with it's head bowed low, but you held up the rock for protection as tears spilled out onto your cheeks.

“Stay away from me. Whatever you are, stay away from me,” you sobbed, the threat weak and useless but the black wolf stayed put. It didn’t move any closer.

And again you ran, as fast as your legs could take you. Oh my god. You liked a wolf! No…Taeyang called them Lycanthropes. Oh what the hell! He lied to me about everything…why should I believe him now.

It began to rain heavily; it pelted down onto your clothes and hair. The water stinging your skin, but it didn’t hurt as much as the pain internally…the pain your heart was suffering. And then you broke down again, you had to stop, your stomach aching from all the running and your tears didn’t help slow down your breathing.

The sad thing was…you wanted to believe Taeyang was the only one you felt safe with. And now…you had watched him kill mercilessly. Like it was nothing but instinct. Wiping your tears away you began to run again until you reached your house. Your hands shook uncontrollably as you tried to put the key in the keyhole, your tears were still flowing out of your eyes and down your cheek.

You wanted to believe everything you saw was a nightmare, a dream. But everything seemed so real.

Once you stumbled in, you were immediately pulled into a tight hug.

“Where have you been?” GD hissed in your ear, and you cried even more. He pulled back and anger clouded his eyes as he saw your dirtied clothes, rumpled hair and bloodied jeans. “Did…” he trailed off, not wanting to finish his sentence.

You shook your head frantically. “No oppa…we have to go now. We need to get Remi and run, there’s something coming. It’s dangerous. Oh god, it could have followed me home.”

GD calmed you down. “~~~~~ ah what happened? What’s coming?”

You begged him to go. “Please oppa. We don’t have time, it could be there ready to kill us. Please,” you pleaded. GD took your shoulders and shook you hard, gaining your attention.

“What’s coming ~~~~~~ ah?”

You could barely say the word. It disgusted you to the very core.

“It’s a wolf. A Lycanthrope…whatever the hell you call it. Please oppa. We need to go now!” you shouted.

You wanted to slap GD, he didn’t look scared…hell he didn’t even look at you as if you were mad. He looked angry, tired and as if he had disappointed someone. What was with him?

“~~~~~~ ah. I haven’t been honest with you-…”

You cut him off. “Look we don’t have time, we need to-…”

You were silences. As GD turned into the same haunting creature that tried to kill you tonight. The fur of this Lycanthrope was black and white, it struggled to fit in your narrow hallway. It's eyes watched you carefully.

You sank to the floor and stared at what was your cousin in horror.

“No. This isn’t happening.”

Suddenly, the wolf in your hallway shrank in size till it was the human GD again.

“Sorry to say this. But yes, it is happening.”

=======

How was it? hope you it was okay. I would like to add that I love SNSD and Yoona, but ever since Run Devil Run I've always wondered what they would be like as the bad and y girls. Anyways let me know what you think!!!!!