Secrets and Dreams

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SinB

 

 

The part of the soft couch beside me suddenly sinks, "Hey, SinB-ah, I'll tell you a secret. I like someone." I look beside me to see who sits beside me and is suddenly speaking about her secret. The sunlight is shining from her side, so I can't see much, but I saw a girl, with long hair, her riff neatly made and with smooth white skin that looks like it isn't real anymore.


I just hummed at her, still not sure if she's talking to me or what. It is kinda weird since she's not even looking at me. She's so pretty, she even looks like a doll. Wait, she looks like Yerin-unnie. I thought to myself. Well, that's more weird, why am I thinking about her?

 



I sighed. Things are going way too much. I'm thinking about her right now. I think about her when she's not even here. Perhaps it's because of what happened last night on our van or maybe because I woke up earlier than I'm supposed to do, or am I too excited for the date later? Anyway, things just got pretty weird lately.

 

 

"Yah~ You're not listening to me. You'll regret not doing so." The girl beside me spoke, effectively cutting all my thoughts. I wonder who she really is to speak to me like that as if we're really close. And tell me, why is she even doing a lot of aegyo.

 



"Are you listening to me right now? May I continue? Or Should I repeat what I said a while ago?" A continuous set of questions bombard me, not even lettin gme think for an answer.

 

Ah, no. I would just continue." The girl then answered her questions on her own.

 

Right now, I feel so confused that I just nod at her, signaling that she may continue.



"Nah, let's get to the point. I don't have much time left." She suddenly said making me feel all sad. Saying you dont have much time left have this effect that as if someone would leave soon. And that is just so sad. Why does someone has to leave? Why does someone have to say something then leave?

 

Couldn't they stay? Could staying be an option?

 

And would anybody choose to stay?

 

 

He left.

 

I wonder if she would too?

 

Ah. Why am I thinking about this? Our members would not leave me anyway. I'm sure of that.

 

I sighed. With that reassurance, here I am still thinking about this certain girl. I found myself being too close to her, adoring her in every possible way. I hope she would choose to stay.

 

"What are you thinking? I told you. I don't have much time. You just have to listen to what I say. Don't think too much." I heard the mysterioius girl say.

 


"What? I don't get it. What time?" I said. It is really weird.

 

Well, I think everything right now is weird. First of all, why am I here sitting in a bench that is in the middle of a vast green land? Then, I think I know this girl beside me but somehow I can't really see her face since she's not facing my direction when she's talking to me. That's also weird too and somehow scary.

 

Why is she not looking at me? It's like she's hiding something important to me and my hearts starts to beat eratically.

 

"I like you. It's frustrating how I say it to you in person and you won't believe it or you'll just take it as for a close friend. Though, I admit it. I'm clingy and touchy to others so you might think I'm not serious when I say that. I just can't bring myself to say it to you, in a serious way. In the way that I can insist that I really mean it, when you take it as if I'm kidding. I'm scared. But believe me, I really like you, and it is more than a friend or a sister." She said in almost a whisper.

 



I'm shocked at what I heard.

 

 

I literally froze because of what I have realized after I heard her voice.

 

Her voice sounds like Yerin-unnie. I know I'm not going crazy, but it cannot be that she like me like that. Maybe, this is her again, being greasy, or maybe she just looks and sounds like Yerin-unnie. Oh, wow, can that even be possible?

 


I sighed, "May I see your face? Can you look at me?" I said to her, while putting a hand on her shoulder, trying to make myself to gain a better angle to be able to see her face.

 


"Believe me, I really do." She said and faced me.

 


I gasped when I saw her smile.. "Y-you're unni- " I almost yelled but a white light is blinding me, I can't even open my eyes. It's irritating but it doesn't hurt. "Huh?! Wait, what's happening?!" Then I feel a pair of hands gripping my shoulder and shaking me.

 

"Wait, just a moment!" I shouted.

 

I need to confirm it. I need to know. I want to, my heart wants to. I don't know why but I need to know. "Please tell me your name!" But I saw her fade.

 

She's fading. No, she can't.

 

She can't do this.

 

I felt the tears threatening to flow down my cheeks. Everything is becoming a blur.

 

 

No. Tell me, Why do you need to go to?

 

 

 


"Yerin! I'm Jung Yerin!"

 

 

 


My eyes shot open. I stopped the sniff I was suppose to do. She answered back. I'm so surprised neverthelles I'm happy. I can't believe it. Although a part of me is hoping and expecting. But my happiness doesn't last long...

 

 


"Hey, wake up! It's already two in the afternoon." The girl gently shaking my shoulders told me, while she sits beside me, on the floor, with a grin on her face.

 


"Oh, am I? Sorry. I guess, I woke up early a while ago." That is what I said, though it is so evident how I said it with disappointment. No, don't ask me. I still do not know why.

 

 

"Yeah, you are. You have a lot of energy a while ago though, since we practically chorused on screaming our lungs out." Yerin answered.

 


"Sowon and Eunha-unnie told me to get you so that we can eat our breakfast with all of us there. I thought I’ll just be doing a great job waking you up but I saw some things I shouldn’t be seeing yet."


Yerin captured that last word but she doesn’t dare question it. She just chose to give out a chuckl and then a nod gesturing that she agree. "Yeah, yeah."



Silence enveloped the room after. SinB staring into their black TV, which is not on by the way. And there’s Yerin playing with her own fingers.

“Um… so did you see something?” Yerin awkwardly asked.

 

SinB on the other hand laughed so much that she is already having difficulty breathing. Yerin sighed in defeat, knowing that SinB might have seen it. It’s just the upper part anyway.

 

Omg. No. It still counts as her seeing that. Yerin whined in her mind.

 

SinB smirked before waving her hand. “Don’t bother thinking about it unnie. It’s fine. Let’s just say I just saw you changing backstage.” She told her kindly, wanting to be of help on dissipating the awkwardness. Yerin, fully understanding what SinB is trying to do, nodded and smiled.

 

Yeah, let’s just think like that. Or… perhaps, we could just think that she would see it soon anyway. Maybe, someday… in their future.

 

She unknowingly giggled, embarrassed of herself and what she is thinking.

 

Meanwhile, there’s SinB already zoning out, looking at the turned off television. She's still thinking about her dream a while ago. How she wishes it is true though she still don't know why... or so that is just what she is claiming.

Yerin, you say? Oh, she's just there, sitting beside the girl next to her, admiring her profile, after being embarrassed about what she is thinking awhile ago.

 

 

Yerin suddenly chuckle. "You're cute and funny a while ago. WHILE YOU'RE SLEEPING." She suddenly said breaking the silence.

 

SinB turn her head to look at her. "You look like you have a good dream, huh. It makes you even wonder of it right now. It makes me feel alone here. It's so quiet. Wanna share it?" Yerin urged her with a smile on her face.

 



"I -uh, it's uh - wait! How did you know I dreamt? Did I blurt something out. Did I?" SinB thrown a lot of questions at her unnie, her eyes growing large with embarrassment.

 

Yerin just stared at her wearing a meaningful smile that showcases her perfect teeth.

 

"What? Really?” SinB asked in disbelief. “Oh no. What did I say?" SinB said, hoping she doesn't embarrassed herself that much in front of her favorite unnie.


"Actually, I don't get much of what you're saying.” Yerin answered. “I mean, sometimes you do mumble in your sleep. We all know that here.” She added.

 

“But.. you are smiling like a fool while you’re sleeping, so I got curious and I went near you." Yerin stated.


"Oh, really?" Sinb said, her worry disappearing. “That’s good.”


"What did you dream of?"

 

"O-oh, I-I just" SinB was cut off when Yerin laugh so loud.

"Yah! Why are you laughing?" SinB said pouting.

 

"You're just too cute, embarrassed and all. And the fact that the Hwang Eunbi is stuttering."

 

"I'm not. I'm outta here. I'm hungry." SinB huffed, then she soon stand up wearing her slippers to go to the kitchen and a pout on her lips.

 

"Wait, tell your dream to me first. I'll get the foods for you after. I can even cook if you want." Yerin said stopping SinB from taking anymore steps.

 

"I think I like that since I don't want to spend my energy on that.” SinB said, not even giving time to think about it. “Okay, I'll start, you ready? Take a deep breath." SinB said jokingly. Yerin slowly shakes her head as a smile form on her face.

                Aigoo, this kid. She thought.

 

SinB told her what happened to her dream including how foggy it looks like, the environment and how the sofa looks like, and what she had observed on that mysterious girl who sits beside her. However, she did not tell Yerin about who "that girl" likes and what she told her. She told the story in a way that she can skip on those things and jump on the scene where she is asking who the girl is, leaving the shocking revelation of the girl. Of course, she also skipped the part how she thinks the girl looks like Yerin. SinB also told Yerin that she got scared because she's talking to someone who isn't even looking at her, so she decided to ask the girl's name.

 

"HAHAHAHAHA. That's it? I see. That's why you're shouting "Please tell me your name" a while ago, and I swear, it's so loud, that I thought you're awake already." Yerin said in between her laugh.

 

"Hey, you just said you don't get what I'm saying while I sleepe a while ago." SinB glared at her and crossed her arms. "It's not funny unnie." She added thinking that she might have said more than that and that will be too embarrassing for her.

 

"That girl must be pretty, huh? Lucky. She even got your attention and she got to make you scream like that, and take note, you said "Please"." Yerin said while trying to imitate the younger girl's voice to at the process. But SinB answered her.

 

"She is. But I didn't really see her face that clear. So, I just asked her name." A hint of sadness evident in her voice.

 

 

I did not even hear her answer, too bad. Instead, this unnie of mine just yelled her name without thinking. Uh, it just makes my hopes up that she is the girl in my dreams. She thought.

 

 

"Ah, I see. I thought you're just asking my name so I told you my name a while ago. Now, the way you say that makes me regret that I woke you up. I should have given you more minutes, perhaps about five so you may have known her name, right? You're thinking about her, I know." Yerin teased SinB.

 

"Ha-ha, yeah yeah, if that would make you happy.” SinB said sarcastically. “But, to tell you the truth, I didn't tell you the whole story." SinB gasped as she covered . She was just planning to attack back at Yerin for teasing her but it turns out she said slipped and said that.

 

"Eh? That's not fair SinB-ah." Yerin said.

 

 

SinB was about to say something but she stopped when she felt Yerin's hand on her shoulder. She looked at her, not knowing what to do. She saw the amused face of Yerin as the girl looks at her too. Then Yerin added, "To tell you the truth, also. I haven't told you the real story either. So, that makes it fair for the both of us." Yerin winked as she stands up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter