Puzzle Pieces

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           Falling in love is a feeling that is unlike any other emotion. It makes you feel alive and utterly happy. Even all the best adjectives are not enough to describe it. At the same time, it can make you feel detached from the rest of the world, like you and that person has an own world of yours and everything around you are momentary – it is like nothing else matters except that special person.

 

That is just like this moment.

 

           With the ticks of the clock serving as the background music, the blonde member of Gfriend is already awake and is currently taking her time watching the sleeping girl she adores so much. It is like they have all the time in the world and if it is their own.  She feels so happy yet she can’t describe it. She is so happy that even the silence of the room, disturbed by the plain and constant ticking of the clock, sounds like music to her. It feels like it’s a dream yet she knows this is reality. She is just beside her, on the same bed, inside her room.

 

           She was glad that when she opened her eyes she was greeted by the certain member she loves so dearly.  She thought she doesn’t have to resort on sleeping for so long anymore, just like what she did after that night when they unnecessarily torn their hearts into pieces. She doesn’t have to stay sleeping now… because now, she knows reality is better than her dreams. She’s probably now going back on her daily routine of waking up early, with ‘today’, as the start. And perhaps, later, just like the past years she’s living with all the members, she would stand up, get out of the bed early, to cook for them again.

 

           She smiled, getting all excited about the day and the upcoming days. All her mind thinks are days filled with laughter, smiles, and love with the people she cared for, especially this beautiful beagle, Hwang Eunbi.

 

           She chuckled.

 

Really, whatever I think, it would always end into you – of me, thinking about you.

 

That has always been like that.

 

           Yerin’s mind is literally almost filled with thoughts of her, and even right now, though the younger girl is beside her. There would always be a space in her mind that just constantly thinks about Hwang Eunbi. Well, she doesn’t and won’t complain anyway. Because, thinking about her gives her a beautiful sensation that thrills her heart – a wonderful feeling that makes her feel unafraid of whatever might happen.

 

           Yerin closes her eyes for a moment, letting her body feel everything that should be felt, accepting the warmth that is coming from the girl beside her and listening to the passing seconds with her and appreciating it. She smiled at what she thought.

 

           My mind is really filled with her. She’s always the beginning and the ending of all the thoughts that I have. Everything I see, I’ll see her too, or maybe remember something that is associated with her.

 

 

           She’s even present on her dreams too that sometimes she doesn’t even want to wake up. Of course, right now, she would definitely wake up, fast as she could, fast as a bullet can, because she knows when she wake up, she’ll be able to see her again, she’ll hear her voice and that laughter of hers which wouldn’t fail to make her smile, and furthermore, she’ll be able to touch and be close to her. She knows her world would definitely be better than it really is – absolutely way better than the made-up world in her dreams.

 

           She opened her eyes again and smiled in contentment.

 

           She’s still here, my love is here, beside me and she’s sleeping peacefully. I wonder if she’s dreaming and what it is about. Can I be in her dreams too? Am I there?

 

           She told herself, smiling at the thought.

 

           Perhaps, life without her would just tear away at the seams, or perhaps, go on like it’s just a fleeting thing – going with the blow of the wind, not even controlling where direction would it go. She’s grateful that she met her, glad that they are on the same group and debut together, thankful that they are with each other right now and both have fallen in love.

 

           Her feeling is overwhelming her again, completely filling up her heart, making her have the urge to touch her. She hesitantly raised her hand, afraid that she might wake her up if she touched her, but the urge to touch her is too much that she just decided to let herself and just be careful with it. As if she’s going to touch something so delicate – like a thin glass or a soft fiber, she touches her face carefully, and tucked the hair behind her ear.

 

           Sorry, I have to move it. It hides your gorgeous face from me. And, right now, I don’t want to allow it.

 

            It is you that keeps me up all night, the one constantly running through my mind. You are the one who helps me get through the day, no matter how it goes, and you’ll always be the girl that would make my heart beats in an unexplainable manner. So, it seems to me that there is only one thing left to say.

 

           Upon whispering this lines to the sleeping beauty in front of her, she was startled when SinB’s eyelid moves. The younger girl hummed as if she has heard her. The blonde girl didn’t move nor speak, as if she’s waiting. And, a few seconds later, she saw the younger girl’s eyes opening and closing slowly, probably adjusting her vision with the light shining through the window.

 

           SinB moved her head a little and opened her eyes to look at someone she is hoping to be there.

           

           And, she smiled.

 

           Not all promises are meant to be broken. They aren’t made to be broken and Hwang Eunbi can prove it.

 

           I can prove it. Because, here, in front of my eyes, she is here, looking at me too. As what I expected, she didn’t break her promise. I know she wouldn’t. I know she would stay. I know she would be here when I woke up, just like what she promised.

 

           And I would too, even if I didn’t made a promise – even if I didn’t swear it to the heavens. I would stay with her forever, even if all things turn against me.

 

           I would definitely stay.

 

           She smiled at Yerin slowly and looked at her like she’s the most precious thing she had – like her eyes are saying those three words for the older girl, only for her, silently.

 

           Yerin doesn’t know if she’s going crazy at what she is seeing. It is just like things went slow – that time literally went on a slow motion – slowing its hands from moving, blurring the ticks of the clock she was just hearing awhile ago.

 

            opened slightly, she thought that maybe if she’s not laying on bed and on her sides right now, with her elbow supporting her, she might have drop her jaw on the floor by the beauty she’s witnessing.

 

           Well, maybe I really am crazy – crazy for the girl beside me. I am definitely falling in love, crazily, with Hwang Eunbi.

 

           She smiled, admitting her feelings and making the little butterflies fly wildly, anywhere on her stomach. If that would always be the feeling she would feel, she doesn’t care, she’s happy.

 

           And, it’s actually a good feeling.

 

           The older girl found herself on that state – starstruck, or to describe it better – love struck. That is the state Yerin found herself in, when the girl with brown hair and blonde streaks smiled at her again, though her eyebrows are meeting. She is probably wondering if why her unnie would would wear such an expression.

 

           It always amused Yerin on how the younger girl can make such a lot of expressions with her face… and still look beautiful.

 

           Probably because of being embarrassed or just her heart beating crazily from the close distance between them, Eunbi panicked and thought that maybe she looked bad, her face might be bloated or probably she had a mark of saliva, if ever she had slept too comfortably. Her mind doesn’t even help right now, and so not having to think of any better thing to do, she chose to hide her face.

 

           Her action caught the attention of the older girl, producing a carefree giggle from her.

 

           SinB felt a pair of hands just above her hands, and gently removing it from her face. Well, even if she doesn’t want to show her face right now, her hands doesn’t even wait for her brainto respond and it already obliged to the older girl and let Yerin’s hands to pry her hands, easily.

 

           Her cheeks are still red from embarrassment when Yerin smiled at her and spoke.

 

           “It seems to me that there is only one thing left to say.”

 

         “What?” She asked, as if she doesn’t heard what Yerin has spoken. She gets her hand again in an effort to cover half of her face, but Yerin prevented her from doing so.

 

           “There is only one thing left to say.”

 

           “I’m completely, head over heels, in love with you.”

 

            The older said with all sweetness she can muster, letting her feelings flow with the words she said. She wants everything – every bit of her feelings to be felt by SinB.

 

 

 

           One sentence.

 

 

 

           Yes, just one sentence filled with feelings made SinB’s heart throw a party and plat with the drum set inside of it, beating every beat that it can beat, fast – as if there’s not enough blood coursing through her, and we know that’s not it – there’s plenty and enough blood for her.

 

           Her face, already tainted with red, only just got redder.

 

           “And, don’t worry. There’s nothing in your face. You’re still beautiful as you always are.” Yerin told her, assuring her that she looks fine and there’s nothing to be shy about.

 

           Actually, Yerin doesn’t know where she’s getting all the courage to tell those words to her. She usually does it to the other members, but with SinB, it takes her a lot more courage and control of her brain or she thought she might go insane with the overwhelming feeling she has, and just said everything she wanted to say. Also, telling her feelings to her just makes her heart beat erratically, that the words sometimes get jumbled in her brain, making a fool of her.

 

            “I love you.” She told her again, now touching her face with her other hand, caressing it and feeling her skin, as she stared directly at her eyes. She doesn’t really know how to say it to make it sound so true and express what she is feeling. It feels like the words aren’t enough that she decided to just tell her those words, resounding in her head, over and over again.

 

 

           It’s true love. She knows.

 

           

           “I love you.” She repeated, still not being contented.

 

 

        “I really love you too unnie.” She heard SinB say. Though the younger girl, upon saying it, instantly gets embarrassed and didn’t thought of any other better ways to hide than burying her face to Yerin’s chest. Though, Yerin wouldn’t complain about it. She would never complain. She actually felt happier by the sudden hug given to her.

 

          “I love you unnie.” She heard her say again, though the younger’s voice is muffled.

 

         Well, nothing could make her any happier than hearing those words coming from her, anyways. And nothing could make the start of her day any better than this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

           “Wouldn’t it be the perfect crime, if I stole your heart, and you stole mine?” Yerin asked suddenly out of the blue.

 

           She heard the younger girl’s muffled laugh, since the girl is still hugging her and… still, hiding her face from her. She was just about to let herself appreciate the hug they are still doing, and also accept that the girl wouldn’t answer to her lame cheesy question she threw all of a sudden, when the younger girl broke the hug.

 

           Yerin pouted, like a child whose ice cream got taken away, without even laying her hands on it.

 

           The younger girl laughs again at seeing her unnie’s reaction.

 

           Ah, that kind of laugh would always be the best laugh that I would have ever heard.

 

           She smiled, telling herself that, silently.

 

           “Unnie, do we even need to steal each other’s hearts when I’m giving it to you freely, without objection and any reservation?” SinB asked in a playful manner.

 

                Yerin’s smile gets wider at what the younger said. Really, she can be a smooth sweet talker sometimes, she told herself again.

 

                “And I’m giving my heart to you too, the same way as you are.” She jokingly answered.

 

                “Then, we’re set?”

 

                The older girl chuckled. She doesn’t know what that set really means but she assumes that the girl is talking about their hearts being given and accepted. “Sure.” She said calmly though her heart isn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter