Operation Plan Status: Activated

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


    *Ding Dong* Buzz *

 


    The short haired girl, who just have finished their promotion for the day, is getting her food left by her unnies from their refrigerator, when the door bell of their apartment filled the air. She immediately ran with the bowl of lasagna in her right hand and check who the unexpected visitor might be.


    She raised her brows when she saw from the camera that it’s her friend. And, her friend is now blonde. Honestly, she’s feeling a mixture of surprise, happiness and sadly, a little bit scared right now. She didn’t know why her friend is outside. Perhaps, it is to rebuild their friendship that she just tainted or it can also be the other way around – she might be there to end it.


    In despite of being dry right now, she swallowed, probably in attempt to swallow down the building tension she’s feeling. She breathe deeply before she opened the door.


    “Oh, Yerin. You’re here.” She said, awkwardly. To her surprise, her friend answered enthusiastically.


    “Yes! I am! Now now, where are the other unnies?” She asked. “I brought something!” She excitedly said as she showed it to her friend proudly. 


    The red velvet member lost the anxiety and whatever feeling of being scared already since she’s met with this Yerin she know. She laughed as friend is showing soju.

 

    “Seriously, soju?” She asked, stepping aside so that the Gfriend member can go inside.

    “Yes! We should celebrate! You won!” The Gfriend member said, going towards the living room and sitting on the sofa comfortably.

    “Yeah, and you’ve got your hair bleached.” She commented which made Yerin eyes glint.

    “Yas! It looks good on me right?” She asked, her confidence oozing.

    “Should I say more?” She asked jokingly. “We know that already.” She added.

 

    The two ended up drinking while eating the lasagna left by the other red velvet members. They’ve talked about what happened that night and it seems like it’s going well for the two of them. They have forgotten what happened, like what other people said, forgive and forget. It’s like there’s nothing happened, really. They can even talk about it now, which is also inevitable at Yerin’s state.

 

    “I think you drank too much already, Yerin.” Joy commented, getting the newly opened bottle from Yerin, to refrain her to put another shot to her glass.

    “You don’t have schedule tomorrow. I don’t have too.” Yerin said, trying to maintain control on herself, trying to stay sober as possible.

    “Why do you change your hairstyle anyway? Making a comeback?” Joy asked her friend.

    Yerin nodded slowly. “Yes, I’ve bleached it four times. Do you feel my fighting spirit for it?” She asked.

    “Yeah Yeah. I somehow thought that you also let them dye your hair blonde as a sign of a ‘new beginning’.” Joy teased.

 

    “Well, I’m supposed to move on. Supposed to…” She answered seriously which made Joy taken aback.

 

    “Ow, cheer up!” She said, though a little awkward because she knows she got some fault on it. To be honest, she knows, she’s at fault. “Are you a rookie or what? Just go. Fight. I’ll support you for real, from now on. I won’t get in the way.” She added.

    “Wow. I like the pun. You don’t need to promote your song to me.” The Gfriend member responded back.

    Joy giggled. “So, why blonde? Why not other colors?”

 

    “Why are you asking me that? You’re blonde too last time.” Yerin said again. Somehow, their talk is going nowhere since she’s not answering right. The alcohol must be getting on her already.

    “So, you’re doing it for me then? We should be wary, some stupid articles might be out, telling we’re in a relationship.” Joy joked though attacking some sites they know at the same time.

    “Sorry to break your bubble but I did it for the fans. They might want some changes in our style and so I did.”

    Joy was speechless. She’s drunk yet she still talks about this. She’s admiring her friend’s dedication and care to her fans. Well, aren’t all idols like that? She asked herself as she watch her friend get another bottle to open since she hid the other opened one.

    “There is another reason.” Yerin said, raising her arms up straightly which made Joy laugh. 

    “Stop drinking already. It would be a bother getting you home later. You’re clearly drunk.” Joy said.

    “I said, I’m not.” Yerin protested. “Anyway, there is another reason why I chose and agreed on doing this change in my hair.” Yerin continued.

    “I think I get what you’re saying already.” Joy said sadly as she let her body slide on the floor. “You don’t have to say it. You told me it’s a bad word for you now so you’re banned from saying it, yet you keep on saying it.”

 

    “I need to say it.” Yerin insisted.

 

    “I’ll be a good friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter