Ending the Cold Winter

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

               It feels like it’s already in the afternoon when she woke up. She felt like it has been too long since she lay down on her bed. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. Should I stand up now? She asked herself.

 

 

               She didn't answer nor respond to it. She doesn't want to get out of her bed anyway. Well, that is until a voice coming from a tall girl, who just entered the room, boomed.

 

 

               "Ya! Jung Yerin! Wake up. We have to go to the company now. What is wrong with you? You've been like that for two weeks and it's unusual."

 

               She hummed and finally make her body moving.

 

               "Are you alright? What happened, really? You're making me worry."

 

               She raised her head and look at their leader. The pretty tall girl is now standing there, with her arms at her waist directly looking at her too. She’s literally like an Aphrodite as how the captions on the shows we attended to says. However, her face is full of worry right now. Full of worry of what happened between the two members who used to be glued to each other but somehow, right now, they can feel the tension. They thought there is an imaginary glass of wall dividing the two.

 

               The younger between the two sensed the worry of their leader so she forced a smile. Probably wanting to send an, "I'm okay, don't worry", message to her unnie. But the leader knows well. Just like a mother with her kids, she knows and she understands, even if the other is not saying anything.

 

               She sighed. "Fine. Tell me when you want to, when you like to, when you’re ready. Don't keep it to yourself, okay?" Sowon smiled as if she’s trying to reassure the girl on the bed that everything will going to be alright. It will be.

 

               The girl on the upper bunk of the bed smiled at her unnie and nods. She gestured an okay sign with her fingers and gestured her to get the others already. Once the door closed, she felt like crying. She doesn't know why but she felt emotional just by those words. She knows those words are full of care, full of love. And it touched her heart, which she can’t deny, is now badly in need of those.

 

               She looked at the door who just opened and found meeting her unnie's eyes. “Yerin-ah, you sure you can go with us? I can tell our staff that you’re not feeling well.” The other said, holding their door open. Yerin looked at her unnie’s eyes again. And she understands that the older is waiting for her to answer.

 

               She tried looking for her voice, but she fails. She blame it on the time, saying, her voice isnt good enough because it's too early, she wanted to. But, she saw the clock - the clock filled with glowing red lines, screaming the time at her - 11:45 AM.

 

               She chuckled, "Really, I agree now, this is really not me. Where’s the ginseng of the group?", she thought.

 

               So, she cleared , smiled and said, "Okay. Got it unnie. You can go to the others, I'm just gonna take a bath." She said, getting down from the bed. " How many minutes do I have before our manager comes?"

 

               "20 minutes. I'll be waiting outside." The tall girl told her before she closed the door again.

 

               She was startled when the door opened again and a head poke out.

 

               "You know you can tell me anything. If you want to keep it a secret, I'll bury it, okay? Just saying, so you'd know." Sowon said, before smiling then closing the door again.

 

               She sighed. It's already been two weeks when that night happened. That night which is ironically, one of the happiest one for her and yet it's the worst one too. Well, the end of that night made it worst. She still can’t believe that all those happened in just one go.

 

 

               She knows she should move on and do the deal.

 

               Is that even a deal? She asked herself.

               I didn’t say, Yes. I didn’t agree.

 

               The deal? It is about that last sentence she has heard from the girl she loves, that night, "let's just pretend this didn't happen and let's be like how we used to be before this day." Well, she knows she has to do it, for the group, for the fans and for the people who cared deeply for them...

 

               She knows, but she can't.

 

               She can't pretend it didn’t happen when it did. She can't warp her reality even though she badly wants it.

 

               She the shower and stand under it. She let the water flow, bathe her and make herself adapt to the sound of the water, sprinkling, dropping on the floor. It sounds like a rain. A rain that she wants to see now -- to feel. Because, somehow, the rain symbolizes the season of Spring.

 

               When will winter end? She asked herself.

 

               Drip. Drip. Drop. Drip. She lets the sound enveloped their bathroom. The sound that can mimic the Rain in the Spring Time. It makes her calm enough to let herself be free from the memory she doesn’t want to remember right now. And so, she spend a lot of time now when taking a bath. Which of course, might make her members worry.

 

               But, even how calm she gets in the shower room, there would still be a time when she would be like this, being quiet, contemplating about things. Contemplating about what had happened wrong. She thought everything was doing fine, she thought all is going well.. So, she got her confidence and expressed her feelings. But the ending didn’t match to it. It told her that something absolutely went wrong and she can't decipher it. She wanted to solve it. Fix it. Just like the mystery she is.

 

               She chuckled, Well, even her name, SinB, means ‘mystery’.

 

               "Unnie, are you alright? You've been there for a couple of minutes. Sowon unnie wanted me to check if you’re okay. Managernim is already here." A soft voice brought her back to the present.

 

 

               "A-ah, yes, Umji-ah. Sorry. I'm done. Wait outside. I'll be fast." She said, reassuring their maknae.

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

               She went straight towards their van after preparing herself and took her seat beside Sowon. The other members are already in their respective seats and some of them greeted her a ‘good morning’. She smiled shyly since she knows, it’s already late in the afternoon and once again, she woke up late.

 

               "What did CEO-nim told us to do now? Are we going to go practice again?" She asked, as they are on their way to the company. She is silently hoping that it is, since she would then have a chance to interact with the other girl since most of the time, her steps and that of SinB would be the same, just in opposite directions.

 

 

               Their leader shake her head slowly with a smile on her face. "We're going to talk about our new style, our new look." She revealed.

 

               "What? Really, unnie?!" Eunha asked excitedly at the back.

 

               Sowon nodded her head as a confirmation. "And, if we already settle it all, then probably their going to start preparing for it."

 

               "Nice! I think I would want my hair black again. I miss it." The main vocal of the group said, touching her hair.

 

               Umji looked at her and asked, "how about taking this bangs off unnie?"

 

               "No. No one would touch my bangs." Yuju said jokingly, and gestured kung fu moves like she's protecting it with her own hands.

 

               SinB, sitting beside Eunha at the back, chuckled and , "The company won't let her change that for now, anyway."

 

               Yerin, the second oldest smiled to herself upon hearing the older maknae's voice.

 

               At least she looks fine and is back with her usual way. She thought.

 

               She’s even talking to us like how she does, usually, full of energy, full of ‘Eunbi’. She smiled at the thought, but suddenly frowned when she remembered something. Scratch that. 'Talking to them' I mean.

 

               After that night, they silently made a deal between them, that they'll forget about what happened and be like their usual self. However, that seems like a hard thing to do for them. They haven't talk a lot now. They would just have a conversation when they felt it is needed, or when someone told them to ask the other about some things, and once the other answered, the conversation ends. They felt like there is an imaginary wall now between them and they doesn't know how to walk around it. Though, there would be also times when occasionally one of the two beagle sisters would try to stretch a hand, try to hold on, try to interact with the other. And, they would be like the beagle fans would know, the close one – almost the SinRin type, but it won’t last long.

 

               The others might have noticed it too already, since they seem to be careful when talking about that night. Often, they would ask if the two are alright. Especially, when the two are oddly quiet, especially when Yerin looks like she's out of energy, and when SinB is acting like a proper lady she is, able to not move like she's done with her 'I can't keep still' phase, and able to not speak, which are oh so rare that you've probably think that they are sick.

 

               She was brought to the present time again when the tall girl beside her spoke and touched her arm,"hey, how about you? What would you suggest later?" She asked. "Me? I probably told them and allow them to color my hair. Our fans would probably want it, but I don't know which color. I better not ask since they might have a clue about our comeback."

 

               Yerin was about to answer when a certain beagle interrupted them.

 

               "Our fans might already have clues about the comeback though, since we've been dropping hints since our showtime era and before that." She commented which earned a laugh from the other members.

 

               "Right, Eunbi-unnie." Said Umji, still laughing. “I thought that’s why they kept us hidden after the gayo daejun and the new year’s performance. Our supposed to be one day rest became almost a month rest now.”

 

               "SinB, you almost did the choreo at our ISAC, glad that I was there to stop you." Said Sowon, proudly.

 

               "That's better than you unnie saying in front of the camera , "fingertip daebak", said SinB, mimicking her leader.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter