Not That Drunk

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       The tall, red haired leader grasps the blonde member she is with. She turned her head to look at her and she can’t hold the sigh she was keeping a while ago. The sight before her is adorned by the member she always sees as a bubbly, literally a ‘full of life’ member who always smile, but here she is now, beside her, like a person whose the state of being sober literally left her. She bowed and looked apologetically to their manager before getting the arm of the younger and putting it across her shoulder, guiding her towards their dorm.


    A part of her wants to see her members sleeping peacefully already, once she entered the dorm. Since, they need rest because of the practices and stuff they are doing for the comeback, and also, for them to not see one of their unnies drunk. But, somehow, a part of her hopes there’s a particular member still awake, waiting for them.

 
    She unlocked the door and opened it quietly in an effort to not bother anyone. She slides her long body in, with effort, and helped the other one to enter too. She almost screams when she saw a shadow swiftly moved in her peripheral vision, as the lights from the open television provided the effect seen from horror movies. She held her breath and quickly turned to find and see who the person might be.


    Once she saw who it is, her worried face lighten up with a smile. The rooms may be dark with the lights off, but she knows her members well enough that in an instant, she recognize the girl standing there right now. She’s glad that it’s that certain member she hoped would be there, waiting for them. A spark of hope glinted in her eyes as she looks at the face of the girl obviously filled with worry for the two of them. And, probably, that worry amounts greater for the drunken girl she’s helping to stand right now.


    “What happened unnie? Why are you two late? Is she okay?” A series of questions flung in the air, with a voice clearly expressing worry, care and… love.


    She smiled. I guess the plan starts now. She thought as she reminds herself to send an important cue to her comrades in this secret mission they had.


    “Unnie, I’m asking you. Did you hit your head? You keep on smiling there and staring at me.  Is she alright? Why is she like that? How about you?" The youngest member in the room asked continuously, her worry growing with every passing second, since their leader is still not answering her, somehow, enjoying the situation.  "It’s already past midnight and you’re only going back home at this hour. What happened?”


    Yerin-ah, I know you’ll thank me later. You’re welcome. She thought.


    The oldest member and the leader of the group grinned widely sensing the success of their plan. She doesn’t even know if they need to do the plan. We’ll see later. She told herself, imaginarily patting herself at the back.

          Well, she knows they’re going to be successful anyway. She watches the two literally grow, move and live with her own eyes. And she knows every progress going on between them. Even, when they are happy, when they are feeling lonely, and when they said they don’t feel like eating when in fact they’re just broken. She knows a lot.

      Well, yes, knowing something is different than experiencing it. That’s true. And that fact made her set her mind even more into not letting these two just be a constant thing – to be just the same person running in circles with each other. She knows if these continue to go on, it would be such a waste. She knows such precious things, such treasured feelings and such loved people shouldn’t be.


        She nodded. “We’re fine. We just did more things from what we expected. But, we’re here now so don’t you worry.” She answered the worried girl while she start moving already so she can put the drunken girl in her bed. She decided to let the girl sleep on her bed, since putting the blonde girl on her own bed – the upper bunk, would be much of a trouble for the both of them.


    SinB‘s mouth formed an ‘o’ shaped, waiting for more information to be heard, but her unnie stopped there. Letting herself be assured, she asked, “What happened to her? I know she went to Joy unnie. I told you that earlier when you get back here a while ago.” The youngest girl said in a low voice, following the two of them in the unnie’s room.


    “She..” The leader stopped from what she was about to say and think if it’s right to say that the girl drunk. Well, she knows already, anyway. “Yerin drunk. She’s drunk, SinB-ah.” She continued.


    SinB just nodded at the obvious fact their leader was saying to her. She watches Yerin sleep there peacefully on Sowon’s bed as the leader went to look for clothes. She took the opportunity she have now, so she sits on the floor, just beside the bed, in front of the sleeping Yerin.


I miss you. 


      Oh, I don’t want to say this because saying I miss you makes me miss you even more. Did you know I miss you even though I’m looking at your photo. I would miss you more if I looked at our pictures, either it’s the two of us or the whole group.


      I don’t know what’s cruel, is it fate which made me meet you or just my heart that falls for you without even warning me. And I think it’s the later, because, actually, meeting you was and still is one of the best things that ever happened in my life.


      You know, I even miss you when I eat or even when I saw the food you usually eat. I see you everytime I saw a familiar situation we’re both in, in the past. I always hear your laughter when I witness something that I know you will laugh. Your image would always flash on my mind when I see the color yellow. Just imagine that, it’s really crazy, I’ll tell you.


      I should be happy seeing you always, everytime I wake up, everytime we have schedules but... there’s still a part of me getting hurt. And, I find it hard because even when we said we’re  ‘okay’ now, I feel like it’s not enough. It’s like there’s a glass between us. Yes, I can see you, you can too, but I can’t come any closer.


      It’s so cold... the snow is falling… and that goes with my tears too. It’s all winter here, and around us, and in my heart too. I see time as my merciless companion. It feels like I’ve been stuck here yet the time still continues to go on, never even bothering to wait for someone like me. I hate what we’ve become and seeing you yet not being close to you have become a hard thing for me. 


      It’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter