Wings

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    It’s only just been a couple of minutes since SinB thought that Yerin could be the death of her. Well, actually, that same thought now is running on her head repeatedly while she’s eating and lowkey watching her Yennie from her peripheral view. Well, no one could blame her. The girl she’s in love with is absolutely a pure blessing made from above.

 

    And, it has been a couple of minutes when the other members got on their seats on the kitchen. And, as unusual as it is for SinB and for the other Gfriend members, the only thing that can be heard right now where the sounds of chopsticks, spoons and plates being used. She thought there is something going on and have decided to ask about it when Sowon breaks the silence.

 

    “So, I still don’t have any message about our schedule today so I wanted to know what would you guys wanted to do?”

 

    The other members just stared at them while Yerin get her glass of water and take a gulp. 

 

    “I – “ She started but was interrupted by the leader’s phone ringing.


    “Oh, Sorry. I think I have to get that.” Sowon said, standing up.

 

    “What are you going to say?” SinB asked Yerin beside her before getting another viand from the center.

 

    “Ah. I was planning to – “ She answered but was again interrupted by Sowon. 

 

    “It’s one of our managers. He told me that our CEO wanted to meet me. I think it’s regarding about the nearing comeback.” She explained while walking towards their table.

 

    “Eh, why do you always interrupt me today unnie?” Yerin said, pouting.

 

    “I’m sorry Yennie.” Sowon responded with an apologetic smile. “So, anyway. I’m asking a while ago if what you all are planning but I guess you have to get my permission today before doing so. And since I’m going out and I may be back late, I’m expecting Yerin to stay here and take care of the kids.” She finished.

 

    “Hey, we’re not kids anymore.” SinB in but is only answered with a ‘leader-like look’ from Sowon which made SinB zip and just be contented on pouting.

 

    “And, I’m sorry Yerin-ya. You’re the second oldest next to me so I have to put the responsibility into you. And, I actually believe that you can manage the kids, so I’m sorry.” She said, her words full of sadness.

 

    “Hehh, It’s okay unnie. Don’t worry. I can handle it.” Yerin said. “But, actually, I was planning to meet with Hayoung and Joy. You know, got some catching up to do."

 

      "And I have to tell them the good news.” She added, grinning.  While, there’s SinB getting red beside her. 

 

    Well, she knows she’s the good news Yerin is talking about.

 

    “Then, you could do so, once I arrived. Again, I’m sorry.”

 

    “No biggie Unnie. It’s not much of a work anyway, you know how our members live… anyway...” Yerin said, but the last words were said in a slow way, as the other members went to the living room to watch something online. Why? Well, she just remembered how sometimes Sowon’s head hurt by the chaos inflicted on some of them rooms when the  kids play around, well that is, including her. Yerin swallowed her saliva with much effort as she looked at Sowon who is all the while smiling, knowing what Yerin is thinking.

 

    “Come on, that’s okay. You could handle SinB now anyway. That kid would listen to you if you acted like you’re hurt or something at her. Or, if that doesn’t work just pout and don’t say anything. I know she’ll be alert and scared from making you mad at her so she’ll immediately behave.” Sowon said, winking at Yerin.


    
    Sowon sighed exaggeratedly, “Aigoo. Youth. Love. It’s really amazing.” She said, teasing the only member left with her in the kitchen. 

 

    But the teasing backfires.

 

    “You know you sounded like a grandma while saying that line.” Yerin commented. “SinB is right then.” She added, earning a gentle shove from the leader.

 

    “Get your on the living room. I’ll take care of these things before I go to SourceMu.” She said, jokingly pulling Yerin off her seat before getting the plates on the table.

 

    “Nah. I’ll help you unnie. They would just be watching anyway.” The younger said, getting the glasses.

 

    Sowon looked at her wearing a confused face. “What? Don’t you want to spend more time with SinB now?” She asked Yerin. “Don’t tell me... Jung Yerin's smooth moves are not working if its SinB?”

 

    “I – I don’t know unnie. It’s rare but I kinda felt shy now.” She giggled. “I… I’ll help you then I’ll go to her later.”

 

    “Aigoo. Where’s the Jung Yerin I know? I didn’t know you can be shy and like this when it comes to flirting. Well, I understand, that’s SinB. But, heck, I’m surprised Yerin can be like this.” Sowon teased.

 

    “Shut it unnie. Or I’ll give your preciois Eunha’s number to Sana. And by that I mean her real personal number not the one that we’re given to each of us by the company. How would you like that?”

 

    “Try to do it and let’s see what would happen to Jung Yerin.” Sowon said in a teasing manner yet with a threatening voice which didn’t fail to make Yerin laugh. 

 

 

-----

 

 

    
    “They seem to be enjoying with cleaning up there, huh?” Eunha commented, when the laughter of the two members from the kitchen were heard by the members on the living room.


    SinB sit beside her nodding. “That’s good then. They need it. Or are you jealous? A news came to me that you easily get jealous.” She responded back, smiling at the other Eunbi.

    “Yewon-ah, come here.” She turn her head towards Umji and patted the other empty space beside her.


    Umji was about to oblige but Yuju has beaten her into it. Yuju almost trip as she ran and sit immediately beside SinB. The two Eunbi look at each other, with eyebrows meeting, probably both are questioning that sudden act of Yuju.

 

    “What are you doing Yuju-ya? You’re taking my baby Omuji away from me.” SinB said.

 

    “Nothing. I just wanted to be in the center. And, she’s not just your baby. Umji is OUR baby. Not just yours.” Yuju responded back, gently pulling Umji who was still standing, to sit beside her instead. “I wanted her to sit beside me.”

 

    SinB smirked. She thought, she knows what is happening. She had a clue. She really has.

 

    “Is that so? But she can still sit beside you even when she’s sitting beside me.” SinB said, still wearing the smirk on her face. “Aren’t you just feeling jealous?” She added after which made Yuju almost spit out what she is drinking.

 

    “Ya! Unnie, are you okay?” Umji said, patting Yuju’s back immediately in an effort to help, while there:s SinB and Eunha just laughing at the situation.


    “Jealous? What are you talking about SinB? I told you. I just wanted to be sit in the center for once and sit beside Umji.” Yuju said after recovering up. “And, it’s just I miss you. So, I also wanted to sit beside you. I’ll be hurt if you wouldn’t like that.” She added.

 

    “Is that really is?” SinB said, not backing down.


    
    Eunha tilted her head a little. “Why? Is there something you want to hear SinB?” She asked, her curiosity peaking.


    “Nah.. There’s nothing. I’m just teasing Yuju-unnie.” The older maknae grinned, moving the laptop a little on the table. 

 

         Ah, the others still doesnt know so I should shut up.

 

    Eunha nodded slowly while looking at Yuju wide-eyed. “O-kay?” She said, accepting SinB’s reasoning yet she's still not believing it.

 

 

 

    They were probably too immersed on what they are watching that they didn’t notice that the two oldest members have arrived already.

 

     Seeing the positions of the four members, Sowon figured out that there is no options left but to sit at the couch at the back of the other members, since those four are sitting on the floor with pillows. Well, that is, if she wouldn’t pull Eunha there. But she can anyways, and she would be going to their company any minute from now so, maybe she can cling into her Eunha for a moment.

 

    “Eunha-ya.” She called out after sitting on the couch while she blocked Yerin from sitting beside her, gesturing to the blonde girl that she should take the previous place of Eunha beside SinB. Eunha, on the other hand, understand what the leader wanted, so she immediately sat on the couch before Yerin did. But, all of those happenings are seen by SinB.

 

    SinB’s eyebrows met as she looked questioningly to Yerin.

 

    “Why?” She asked softly before gently pulling the blonde girl beside her.

 

    She doesn’t want to but she felt scared all of a sudden. Did I do something wrong? She asked herself. She kept shut and turn her head to look anywhere. Her eyes landed on Yuju’s hand which is slowly moving. And that movement she saw caught her attention.

 

    The corner of slightly move up. She holds Yerin’s hand all of a sudden which makes Yerin’s body to sit straight, as surprisingly as it is.  Probably she's surprised by the sudden skinship initiated by SinB or it's just she's the shy Yerin now. Yerin snap her head towards SinB but SinB isn’t looking at her, but instead at Yuju beside her.

 

    And yes, she doesn’t get it. Why would SinB hold her hand and look at Yuju?

 

     Is she just shy or what? 

 

    But, soon her question is answered.


    
    “Unnie, did you by chance wanted to hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter