Tomorrow Cherry Blossoms will Blossom

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Okay.” The younger said, nodding. “Good night, unnie.” She said, before taking a step towards the door. Sowon stopped on her tracks when SinB didn’t move after. It’s like she’s suddenly frozen. “Is there something wrong?” She asked worriedly, since she didn’t notice anything that might scare the younger girl.

She got the answer to her question, not by SinB’s words, but instead by the gesture SinB did. The younger’s eyes quickly went straight to her arm. The leader, of course, followed her gaze and her eyes widen at the sight. 

Oh my god.

       That’s the sentence her mind formed when she saw what made SinB stopped on her tracks. She doesn’t know if she’s going to smile or she’s going to cringe. The sight is somehow such a cliché that she would often see on dramas she watches. 

      There’s Yerin grabbing SinB’s arm – the arm of the girl she loves. What made the leader more unsure of what her reaction would be, was the words coming from the (supposed to be) drunken girl. 

 

     “Eunbi.” Yerin said, tightening her grip on SinB’s arm.

 

     Sowon looked at SinB who’s still standing there, eyes wide, mouth slightly opened and absolutely looking frozen, except that her face is really red right now.

   The tall red haired girl smiled at the sight she is witnessing. She shakes her head and decided to let the two there alone. She didn’t say a word nor made another sound. She quietly left the two as she went to the dongsaeng’s room, fixing Eunha’s blanket to cover her up properly and finally laid herself on SinB’s bed.

 

-------- --------- ----------

 

“SinB.”

The drunken girl said another name again which made the owner of the arm she’s holding get her brain cells working again. 

 

“Eunbi-ah.” She said it again.

 

      The girl, standing there for almost an hour already, starting from the time Yerin was laid there by Sowon, hummed as a response to the older girl, calling her name.

 

It’s funny.

 

       That is what she’s thinking. It’s funny that she thought this certain scenario is such a cliché. It’s funny that she’s even responding to her drunken unnie, and worse than that, is that this unnie of hers is sleeping. What’s more? She finds it funny that she’s being affected with this slight thing. She’s feeling butterflies and all these feelings which she can’t even fathom, by just hearing the voice of her unnie, by just her name coming from , with just a touch from the girl and with just simple gestures like this.

 

She decided to take the opportunity and so she let her be. She let her fingers wrap around her arm as she watches her sleep. A moment pass and she felt like she should let the older girl sleep comfortably so she untangled her fingers and put the older girl’s arm back on her side. She sighed as she stared at the girl sleeping peacefully. The sight is making her feel to just stay there, not sleep and watch the older girl. But, even she, herself, knows that it’s a little creepy and she, too, should be sleeping now.

 

She turned her body and walked towards the door.

 

“Sleep well unnie.” She said before turning the door knob.

         Bur she soon found herself, unable to twist the door knob and get out of there. She was surprised as she heard her unnie’s voice again, causing her to just stand there. The older gorl's voice calling her name is such a sweet melody for her.

         The older girl, sounding sober, called her name again. The sound of her name is so clear that she felt she had to look back and see if she’s really calling for her.

To her surprise, she saw her unnie sitting on the bed, looking at her. She squint her eyes to check if the other girl is just doing crazy things while she’s asleep or she’s just sleep talking. What made her more stuck on her feet was that Yerin had her eyes opened yet it’s not open fully. It’s like the eyes of a person who haven’t had any sleep for two days and so, she’s close to closing her eyes and just sleeps, then and there.

 

“Why?” She asked, her tone rising, since she’s doubtful if she should even respond.

 

To her surprise, the blonde girl answered, “Stay.”

 

One word. Stay.

 

         That is just one word Yerin said. It is just a word SinB has heard from Yerin, yet it creates an impact on her like she was just hit by something, making her heart suddenly beat like crazy, as if she’s going to have a tachycardia. The word is delivered with feelings, a voice from a sober person, aware of the meaning the word brings. It is said in that way that SinB felt that it is so powerful, able to tug the strings in her heart, make her completely awake and make her feel this indescribable feeling she had whenever she’s with her.

 

“I – “ SInB said, unable to form a sentence for her to speak.

 

“Stay.” The older girl repeated, looking directly at her eyes. “Here… Stay with me.” She added, finally.

       

And, SinB doesn’t know what to say. Her heart is pumping more blood – more amount than it would have in a normal day. It’s doubling the normal work of her heart, making her so sure now that it’s supplying her brain an enough amount of blood that it needs, yet she can’t properly think. She knows her mind is working now, 100% , all neurons working, but she can’t process any sentences to respond.

 

All she knows now were that she is in love with this person asking her to stay. That no matter what meaning that word ‘stay’ was supposed to deliver, she knows she would stay. She would stay with her, by her side and at her company. She would be there no matter what. 

 

She had found the words she wanted to say when Yerin lift up her hand, like she wants SinB to hold hers, offering it to her, like it is just for her. And, SinB knows what to do. 

 

No, she wouldn’t be a fool anymore. She wouldn’t be wasting any more chances. She definitely wouldn’t make any mistake right now. And so, she took a step towards Yerin. My heart is not my heart anymore. She thought. It’s yours… Just yours.

 

She turned her eyes on her and their eyes met. SinB thought that these pain she’s experiencing a while ago would finally end. It will be finally over. The days of sore tears, being sad even to her soul, dry laughter escaping from her lips and  the days when her two eyes pear tears would finally be ending. Today, she wouldn’t break her dreams. She wouldn’t break their hearts. It’s obvious, their heart are not their hearts anymore. 

 

With her dry lips, she gave her heart to her.

 

She nodded. “I’ll stay.” She said, letting go of the door knob she’s still holding a while ago. “I’m staying. I’m still is.” She said, not caring if her answer is vague or not or if the older understands what she wants to say.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter