Mean

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                A tall man with soft black hair, wearing black pants and a black and white striped shirt and a thick padded jacket over it, is walking towards the garbage can he saw just a few meters away from the store where his hyung is competing over a mini-game.

 

                He chuckled, shaking his head slowly while he put the garbages, which are all food wrappers, mostly made of paper on the big trash can. He was about to turn and head back when he thought he saw a familiar figure of a female, running. Running, as if that is her last run that she would make, as if she doesn’t want someone to catch up to her. He squinted his eyes to see better, checking if what he thinks he saw is right. And viola, confirmed! Though, the other girl is fast, he is able to recognize her.

 

                “SinB!” He called. In an instant, after witnessing her run like that, he knew something happened. And he has to be there.

 

                He called her, but he failed to get the other’s attention and she just keeps on running. He knew then, that he had no choice but to run after the girl. He looked back at his hyungs at the store, thinking if he would be polite and told them, just in case, they would look for him. However, he also knew that if he did he would probably lose sight of the girl anymore. And so, he did what he has to do.

 

                He ran after her. He’s getting tired since the girl looks like she has a lot of energy, giving all her might to running. He feels like he’s on an ISAC on the relay race except that it’s outside activity and it’s freezing cold due to the snow around.

               

                He was thankful when he saw the girl stopped on her tracks. He watched her at first, thinking of what to say or even if the girl would even want her to be there by her side. He chose to stay there first, at the distance, watching her. He knows it would be better to let the girl be on her own first, he would just come later after the other has calm down.

 

                He can’t hold it any longer, he can’t take it. He can’t just watch the girl he cherishes cry in front of him. He can’t just stand there and do nothing. But, he doesn’t know what happened. But, seeing the girl like this, in contrast to the girl who ran a while ago as if she doesn’t want anyone to catch up with her, to see her.. this girl in front of him looks like she needs someone, though she probably won’t admit it, but he knows that she needs someone to be there, just be there.

               

 

                He let her be on her own for a while until she heard the sound of the girl crying die down. She must have calmed down, now? He thought as he took little steps towards the girl. He was surprised as the girl still has tears flowing down by her cheeks, but heck, he only had few steps to take already and the girl had seen her too.

 

                The girl rose suddenly from her position, bow down and wiped her tears. He, on the other hand, sat beside her. He didn’t speak he just sat beside her. However, the other girl didn’t even greet him. She just continues on being quiet, with her head low, probably trying to hide her face.

 

                “It’s cold. Isn’t it?” He said, breaking the silence.

 

                The girl hummed in response.

 

                “I could get out of here if you want and act like I didn’t saw you. But, first, you have to tell me you’re okay and as honest as you can be. If you can’t I’m sorry, as much as I wanted to, I can’t leave you alone in here.” He seriously said, getting his one arm out of his thick padded jacket and trying to share it to the other girl.

 

                “Thanks. But, you don’t have to do that.” SinB said, her voice cracking in between.

 

                “What? This jacket? It’s black too, don’t worry.” He said, fainting innocence at what the girl is talking about.

 

                “Are you trying to crack a joke now? It’s not funny.” The girl responds.

 

                “That’s good. At least, you still have that savage thing in you.” He fights back.

 

                “Wow. I thought you’re here to comfort me but is this your way of doing it?” She answered back again. “And, thank you.” She added, though her voice seems so low, thankfully the guy beside her heards it since the area is so quiet.

 

                He hummed in response. “You know I would always do this for you.”

 

                “Thank you Jungkook.” The girl now said with a voice that can easily be heard.

 

                Jungkook just smiled at her and looked up in the sky. He doesn’t bother asking the problem since he thought, asking it would just make SinB cry again, but that’s okay too, since she has to let it all out. However, he just chose not to, that would be better, he thought.

 

                Moments pass and still silence envelops the two of them. That is, until, Jungkook’s phone rang.

 

 

Tongdari! Tororong!~

 

                Jungkook immediately fetch his phone on his pocket and answered the phone. “. Why does I put in a loud mode.” He blurted out, red being the color of his cheeks now, as he mentally scolded himself for letting SinB here her ringtone, which is, actually, SinB’s song as her Shawing character.

 

                He immediately looked at SinB and flash a grin. He is so embarrassed to speak now and all he can do is just look at her and smile widely.

Why does his Jimin hyung need to call me at this time?  He thought, mentally taking note to remember to put his phone on silent mode, if he’s ever going to be near SinB.

 

                Thankfully, that made SinB laugh and of course, that made him happy.

 

“Ya! You’re using that as a ringtone. You’re my fan then!” SinB teased.

 

                “Of course, I am!” He proudly said in response.

 

                “But, that’s lame. Change your ringtone.” SinB responded.

 

                “It’s not. It’s cute. Tongdari!~ Toror—“

 

                “STOP. SO NOISY.” SinB said, pushing Jungkook in a not so gentle way.

 

                “Hahahaha. Arraseo, arraseo.” He said, putting his arm between them in order to try to block some of SinB’s fake punches. “Oh, I forgot. I already answered the call!” He said, once he have take a glance at his phone.

 

                “Yes hyung?” He asked. He immediately put his phone a feet away when he heard his hyung’s high notes. He was being scolded by his hyung right now.

 

                “You didn’t tell them?” SinB mouthed and Jungkook responded with a shake of his head.

 

                “I’m with SinB, hyung. I forgot to tell all of you that I’ll be out for a moment.” He said, lying about the fact that he saw SinB running madly and he really chose not to tell them since he might lose the girl.

 

                “You made us worry! We thought you got lost or something! Come here now fast. I think our leadernim would want to say something to you. Brace yourself. Come here, fast.” His hyung said on the other line and ended the call after.

 

                He sighed. As much as he wanted to stay beside SinB. He thinks he won’t be able now. “SinB, I need to go there already. Since, I know you’ve gotten what happened already, I think you know what will happen if I didn’t go there already.” He told SinB in the softest way he can.

 

                “Yes. I know. I’m okay. Go now.” SinB told him.

 

                He sighed. He knows she’s still not okay but he cannot do something about it anyway. He have gotten the clue since before running after SinB he saw who are the other people SinB might be with. He saw Yerin and Joy coming out of a semi-dark area and there’s Hayoung sitting on a wooden table at the distance, not far from the area. He assumes the reason why SinB is crying, is either the one with Hayoung or the one with Yerin and Joy. Though, he’s betting on the later.

 

                “Okay, I’ll go now. But you must to. It’s cold in here and I won’t leave you alone in here. I’m afraid you’ll get sick and aside from that, It’s dangerous. This is a secluded area already.” He said, holding SinB’s arm, near her elbow, to help her stand.

 

                “Fine, I get it. I won’t let myself be a reason of you being scolded more, as a thank you for you, then.” She said in response as she stand up too. In doing so, her legs wobble a little so Jungkook have to support her for a while.

 

                “Are you okay? You seem like you stayed lying and sitting there on the ground for a long time.” Jungkook commented, though he knows, since he watched the girl does it. He asked but didn’t get an answer from the girl.

 

                He sighed again. “Let me carry you.” He said.

 

                “No. Why?! No. I can walk.” SinB protested, and he knows he won’t be able to win at her so he just let her walk. Though, he’s still thinking of carrying the girl and he’s waiting for a chance to do it.

 

                They continued walking silently until they spotted a single store selling foods.

 

                “What? There is one here? Why didn’t I saw it a  while ago?” SinB asked.

 

                “there is. You just didn’t saw it since you’re running like hell.” Jungkook answered.

 

                “What?! So you saw it? Did you follow me?” SinB asked, her eyes growing bigger. Then she looked away. “Thanks.” She said, softly and quiet as possible.

 

                Cute. She’s shy about it. Jungkook thought, smiling to himself and imaginarily tapping his back.

 

 

                “No biggie.” He said. “Come, I’ll treat you food then I’ll go after ordering food. Is that alright?” He asked.

 

                “Food? Of course. I love food. They don’t break my heart.” SinB said, but stop herself from speaking more si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter