It Is Cold

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                   

                    SinB was interrupted by a voice calling for Yerin’s attention.

 

                    “Ya! Jung Yerin!”

 

                    She knew that voice, in fact, she doesn’t even need to look to the owner of the voice. She doesn’t really want to see her right now anyways. And, if can be, she wishes for her not to appear like that all of a sudden, like how a mushroom does. It's ruining the good mood, she thought. However, it looks like the day is not going how she wants it to be. Because, at the back of her favorite unnie, is a girl, waving her arms excitedly in the air, while her other hand is clutching the metal railing of the skating rink. A girl who is a close friend of the older girl, REAL CLOSE, that even SinB, sometimes, gets worried for the two being too close, a little too much for her liking.

 

                    She turned her head back to look at the older girl’s reaction, which she expected already. And, the older girl never disappoints, she serve her with a grin going wider, eyes hiding itself and a tint of red, coloring her soft cheeks. She felt a tug on her heart, a feeling she doesn’t want to feel right now. A feeling that makes her confused. Because, as ridiculous at it may sound, she's feeling happy at how the older girl smiles, yet at the same time, she felt this little needle piercing her heart, because the reason for that smile is not her. 

 

 

                    Does hearing her voice calling your name, makes you that happy? She frowned.

 

 

                    The older girl excitedly turned her head and stand up, excitedly. As she saw the girl in the rink, she did what the other is doing too – waving arms up in the air, grinning widely.

 

                    SinB cannot do anything but produce an awkward smile. She felt being ditch all of a sudden as Yerin immediately nods when the girl, the same age as Yerin, gestured for her them to come closer. She stand up too, since, she knows Yerin would oblige to the other’s wish. And, she wouldn't want to be a killjoy.

 

                    Yerin ran to the other girl after ensuring that SinB is behind her, walking and coming too. The older maknae sighed. It’s too obvious for her that the older girl is being excited for some reason. And, the reason she’s thinking in her mind is not something that would make her smile.

 

 

Why am I like this? She asked herself while shaking her head and walking slowly towards the two, who, by the way, talked with each other already even if they are still two meters apart.

 

 

                    “Yo SinB!” the girl inside the skating rink greeted her with playfulness. Though, despite the energy that greeting had, she was unable to reciprocate it and greeted back with a little formality in her voice. “Hello Joy-unnie. Nice meeting you again this day.”

 

 

                    Then she witness a scene unfolding before her two eyes. It is such a beauty, that, if she is a person who likes photography, she might have snapped a two or three of it with her camera and develop the photo, even upload it and show it to the world. It's lovely, two bestfriends showcasing white pearl teeths, as they laugh and look at each other, the white snow serving as their background. A scene that would probably send warmth in our hearts if we ever see it on a picture. But that, right now, doesn’t apply to SinB. 

 

 

                    In contrast, her mood just go even more sour, even ‘sourer’, well, if there’s even a word like that. She felt like she's left out though, actually she isn't. She doesn’t understand. She’s not like this, she knows. Yes, her mood changes quickly, she admits it, fans know that and even acknowledges that as one of her charms.

 

                    Despite knowing herself, right now is a day in which she feels like being on a roller coaster. One time she’s so happy, sometimes she felt like shouting, either for being frustrated or on the other hand, for being so good, she felt giddy, she felt butterflies, she felt like floating. The next, she felt emotional, she felt like she should appreciate every second that passes and be grateful for everything she had. And then one moment, she would be sad, she would feel her heart being crashed inside. The worst of it all, there are times when she would feel a bit of an emotion she doesn’t understand. This emotion of being irritated at something so simple. Something she knew that the old her would be happy to see. And that something is seeing someone she cherishes so much being close to others. She knows she should be happy instead, but the closeness is beginning to be too much for her liking. Stupid, yes, she knows that too, and she kept telling herself this, but that is what she feels right now and she can’t hold it. Even she, herself, is confused.

 

                    She closes her fist. She have to control herself.

 

Calm down, Eunbi-ah. She said she likes you, remember? There’s no need to worry.

 

Though, she used ‘like’ not 'love', but that’s better than nothing. She told herself bitterly.

 

                    She snapped out of it when she heard her unnie asking, “Where are the others?”

 

                    “Oh, the unnies went to buy at the stores over there. Souvenirs, I think?” Joy answered her pointing to the row of stores at the other side of the park. She chuckled. “yeah, souvenirs, as if we did an excursion.” She added.

 

                “And Yeri, our maknae, who’s just number two from being savage, ‘coz you know I’m number one at that. And I know you love me for that.” The red velvet member winked, but she suddenly stopped and momentarily looked at SinB. She cleared ,“Well, that is when it comes to our group..not including yours. Anyway, she went to play games at the arcade. She doesn’t want to stay with me, she said it’s cold and skating would make her feel more cold.”

 

                    “Hahaha, you’re alone then?” Yerin said in between her laugh.                   

 

                    “No, you’re here. You and SinB would accompany me. Right?” Joy asked. “How are you two? You two seem closer. Any news? Is there something you want to tell me, Yerin-ssi?” Joy asked wearing her smile, hiding meaning between it and Yerin knew she’s teasing her.

 

                    “Don’t in other’s business Joy.” Yerin said, jokingly.

 

                    “Why don’t you two join me? Let’s skate!” Joy asked the two, changing the subject she started only a seconds ago, she doesnt want to talk about it, despite the fact that she's the one who started it. So, she decided to change it.

 

                    “We would like to.. but I actually forgot my money at home.. and, Yerin-unnie lost her wallet at our way here.” SinB explained.

 

                    “Oh, Ottoke?! What are we going to do? That’s sad. Did you put a lot of things there? L-like your picture or something?” Joy worriedly asked Yerin continuously.

 

                    “It’s fine. We tried to find it already. But, we can’t find it. And, I decided to give up on it, since there’s little money left in there and we’re waiting for Yuju and Umji here. I told SinB that we should go here already, though SinB doesn’t want to give up finding it.” Yerin told her, patting her friend’s shoulder, calming her in the process.

 

                    “Hm… Okay, okay. If you said so. You must be careful. If you accidentally put a picture there, it can be dangerous ” Joy said, her brows forming archs. Yerin nods and just smiled at her.

 

                    SinB didn’t speak and so did Yerin after. Silence starts to envelop the three of them so Joy spoke. “Wait, I’ll go out. You two wait for me here. Okay?” Joy said, before skating her way to the ‘exit’ without hearing the other two respond.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

                    “Omo!!” The two Gfriend members look at the owner of the voice.                                                                                    

 

                    SinB turned her head immediately and asked worriedly. “What is it unnie?”

 

                    “I just remembered!” She covered with her hand. “Yerin-ah. Did you lost the wallet, that yellow one? The one with the size of like this?!” Joy asked gesturing with her hand the size of the wallet.

 

                    “Yeah.. that.” Yerin nods sadly. SinB just looked at the two, because she doesn’t know why the two are like that because of just the wallet. Well, she knows it has money and it’s Yerin’s, so it’s sad for her too but Joy, beside her, is in a state of panic, so much, actually.

 

                    “Omo, omo! Jinjja! Yerin-ah, whyyy?! Why that?!” Joy asked Yerin, unable to believe what happened, that, that is the wallet Yerin just lost.

 

 

                    SinB is startled at Joy’s reaction making her watch the red velvet member shake her unnie with widened eyes.

 

 

                    “Why unnie? Is that wallet so important?” SinB asked, curiousity creeping in her. “I really told you Yerin unnie that we have to put more effort and time finding it. It seems so important.” She added, she's now regretting that she agreed to her unnie's suggestion to not find the wallet anymore.

 

                    “That wallet is the one we bought together, SinB-ah. Here, I have matching one, I brought it here too.” Joy said, getting the matching wallet out of her small red bag and showed it to SinB.

 

                    SinB though, she doesn’t want to,but she felt jealous.

 

They have matching wallet. A couple item? She thought. 

 

                    “We both bought it and match the colors with our favorite one.” Joy explained to the younger girl.

 

 

                    Then, I’m taking back what I said. I’m glad I agreed to stop looking for it. She told herself after hearing Joy confirming it. Argh, no SinB

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter