You Make Me Fly

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      It’s not even Spring yet but for the Gfriend members they can hear the birds singing again, they can see the flowers start to bud and trees start to grow their leaves, coloring the used to be white color of winter.

 

      And yes, of course, that’s how they just view things, metaphorically.

 

      It is still winter and  in fact, they’re coming back this first week of March. It is definitely not spring yet, it just felt like it is. Their group has gone through a lot this time that they have been preparing for the comeback, and that is, including their hearts. They have been able to feel that ‘cold’ winter that other people used to describe, and now that they have passed through it, they thought they have been feeling that kind of Spring that people describe on romance genre books, no matter how cringy it may sound.

 

 

      They have gotten their rest and at the same time strengthen their bond while having a good time preparing for the next comeback. There have been progress with the relationships of the members, especially that of Yerin and SinB. There’s Sowon and Eunha which are still going strong. However, what Yerin and SinB had seen that night on that little ice skating area has been kept as secret. They didn’t talk about it because they are not even sure of what it really is, perhaps they just assumed some things or it can also be just what they have seen.

 

 

Is there really something between Yuju and Umji beyond members? Beyond friends? Beyond sisters? Is there?

 

 

      It has been three days since Yerin and SinB made up and things got better in the dorm. But, Sowon has an idea on her mind that she still wants to push through.

 

 

 

      Today, a tall red-haired lady opened her eyes with a smile on her face. She has gotten enough sleep and today she decided to let that operation be done. Yes, that operation that she even named, and yet, it hasn’t been acted upon. That was because Yerin and SinB already made up that night. That same night that she decided to activate it.

 

      She chuckled while stretching her arms and long legs. She thought, maybe it’s a little bit of childish having a plan like that but, that can still make things better. There are some changes on it, but still, that could contribute on strengthening their bond. She hopes it does and she’s looking forward to it. She  stood up and fix her bed, sighing after with contentment when she’s done with it.

 

      She went out of her room quietly because the blonde girl occupying the upper bunk of the bed is still sleeping peacefully.  She smiled, looking at that certain blonde member, before closing the door quietly.

 

 

      She’s probably tired from their last night’s activity.

 

 

      She shakes her head slowly with the smile still pasted on her face as she went to the kitchen. She stopped on her tracks when the thought hit her.

 

 

      Oooh, that sounded a little wrong. What’s ‘tired from their last night activity’?

 

 

      She laughs at herself for putting it into a sentence in a manner that it makes them look like that the two just did something.

 

      She cracked up again after imagining how wrong that sounded.

 

 

      “Unnie… what’s funny?” A voice sounded from the kitchen which immediately stop Sowon from laughing and make her smile so wide that she thought she’d crack her lips.

 

     

 

      She turned around, and, as expected, she saw a beauty standing in front of her. This girl in front of her is wearing a big shirt large enough for her to cover the upper part of her thighs. Her smile on her face just gets wider when she noticed that is her shirt that Eunha is wearing.

 

 

No wonder it is 'big enough' for Eunha.

 

 

      To her surprise, and maybe, delight, the shirt just rides up when the cute petite girl rubbed her eyes gently with her hands while the other arm is her hair messed up from sleeping. This just makes Sowon see more of her skin,.

 

 

      The shirt is not helping me to maintain my sanity for the day. Sowon thought.

 

 

      “My galaxy, Eunha-ya!” Dismissing the thought creeping up on her mind because of that shirt, she greeted at her excitedly and opened her arms for her.

 

      The younger girl just hummed lazily in response and went straight to Sowon, letting herself be engulfed in her embrace. She didn’t speak and just let herself take the warmth from Sowon’s body. She sighed thinking on how it would be fine to melt there. She would be delightful to melt, then and there.

 

      It would definitely be okay.

 

      But then she remembered the scene she just had seen.

 

      “Unnie” She called out.

      “Hmm?”

 

      “Why are you laughing a while ago?”

 

      “Oh… I just said something and it sounded so wrong.” Sowon explained.

 

      “What something is that? But laughing that long is kind of weird… don’t you think? What’s that anyway? Maybe I can understand you laughing that long if you explained it to me.” Eunha said, her voice still on the “I-just-woke-up” phase.

 

      “Unnie is just really weird.” A voice interrupted the two, and even without looking at the owner, they already know who it is.

 

 

      “SinB-yah. Why not greet your unnies a good morning first?”

 

 

      “Why? Do I have to? You two seem to have good mornings already, judging from how the two of you hug each other and take note, it's so early in the morning.” SinB said, passing by the couple as she walk  towards the fridge. “It’s fortunate that I am the one who saw the two of you and not our Yewon. She’s too innocent to see such a thing.”

 

      “Ya! SinB-ah, you talk like we’re doing something.” Sowon said, responding to SinB’s comment.

 

      “I’m hungry unnie. Do we have something to eat?” SinB said, ignoring Sowon and searching for whatever that will suit her taste on the fridge.

 

      “I don’t think we have leftovers last night and the snacks there are not good to eat at mornings. I’ll just cook for you.” Sowon said, still not detaching herself from Eunha.

 

      SinB look at the two with a face  that Sowon and Eunha don’t know if this older maknae is judging them or what. She wears a poker face, looking at them up and down while all the while is not even lifting an eyebrow. Then, she spoke after.

 

      “Anida. Eopseoyo. (Nothing.) Don’t mind me. Please continue with whatever you two are talking about. I’m sorry I ruined the moment.” She said almost walking out but she stopped and went back towards the other two.

 

       “Don’t worry. I’ll prevent them from going here. So, take your time.” She whispered to the two, ending it with a wink to show to them that she’s just teasing. She expected that the oldest of them would retaliate and so she immediately ran away after that.

 

 

      She happily walks towards the dongsaeng’s room, expecting a good time sleeping again, but when she walked past by the unnie’s room, an idea hits her. She thought of seeing her beloved unnie first before she literally sleeps because… why not?

 

 

      She carefully turns the door knob and peek through the narrow opening from the door.

 

 

      Oh, she’s still sleeping?

 

 

      SinB then slips in and quietly closed the door.

 

      She wanted to watch her sleep but the older girl is on the upper bank and to be able to watch her, SinB has to climb the stairs built-in on the bed. And doing so would just wake up the older girl. She definitely doesn't want that.

 

      She pouted.

 

 

      What would I do then?

 

 

      Her gaze traveled towards the empty bed below which has already been left by Sowon. She smiled at herself when she just thought of an idea. She doesn’t care if the idea would be childish but still, she wanted to do it. She’s doing it for her anyway.

 

      That would still count. She thought.

 

      I’ll just sleep here. I’ll accompany her here in the room. She thought while patting Sowon’s other pillow before she lies down and uses it.

 

 

      “Unnie.” She suddenly blurted out.

 

      She knows her unnie is still sleeping and she can’t hear her but she just wanted to call out for her and just say her feelings. Her feelings that are overwhelming her sometimes, in a good way. Somehow, at least, she could express it now. Honestly, when she’s in front of Yerin, the things she wanted to say begin to be jumbled all over like she wanted to say it all out, immediately and yet she felt tongue-tied. Maybe overwhelmed by her own feelings, that sometimes, she doesn’t even know if the words coming out of her would make sense. She felt that her heart would just beat erratically that she can’t keep calm. And, at this moment, when her Yerin is sleeping right now on the upper bunk and she’s there below, she thought, it can be one of those times she can say it out loud, though, she still hopes she can express her feelings for her clearly when she’s awake and her attention is completely just for her – just for SinB. She knows it’s a bit foolish to tell this to her since she’s sleeping and she won’t know that she did it, in fact, she can’t even see her… but, all the words are now organizing in her mind, wanting to be free from – wanting to be said out loud.

 

 

       It would be better if she would wake up and hear me say these things.

 

 

      SinB tensed up when she felt a motion on the upper bed. In an effort to sharpen her senses, she stopped her breath for a moment so that she can know what is happening at the upper bank. But, the movement above stopped.

    

      I guess she just moved and didn’t wake up. She thought. It’s still early anyway.

 

 

      She doesn’t know if she is feeling happy that the girl is still sleeping, meaning, that she would have enough sleep she needed, or she is feeling a little bit disappointed since she somehow wanted the girl to wake up and listen to her.

 

      Well, sometimes, words don’t come easy for her, not just like this moment.

 

     

      “Unnie…” She called out again, and she was met with silence.

 

      And yet, she continued.

 

 

      You know, you got me feeling like I’m flying. When I’m with you I felt like I have wings and that I’m so light that I can fly high up there.

 

 

      “I’m already awake SinB-ah. And don’t worry, I’m listening.” She heard the angelic voice she would always wanted to hear.

 

      SinB stopped for a moment, surprised, but after two seconds or so, she giggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter