Winter

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Yerin ran fast ignoring the cold wind blowing through her face. Her coat fly around her, unable to shield her from the cold, but the girl ignored that freezing temperature too. She has to find her fast. She knows she needs to talk to her.

 

                She scolded herself when she tripped by herself. That was lost seconds she should have, which probably would gave her three or seven steps already, if she didn’t fell. She stands up immediately, ready to run again but then she found out she didn’t trip by herself. She tripped by a big rock, covered with snow. It is hidden, camouflaged so well, that she thought it just a snow, safe to be stepped on. But she was wrong. She thought she did trip and hurt herself, but she didn’t.

 

What a fool. I should have seen it. She thought.

 

                She shakes her head. It’s not the time to think about it. She continued to ran, moving her head from time to time, searching for SinB. Please don’t go far. She wishes as she chases after her heart that flows away. She hold her breath and run to her.

 

                The sky is dark and the ground is white. She kept on looking but no one is there to be seen, no one is around, not even a sound to be heard but her own breathe, her own steps. For a moment, she feels like it’s just the snow and her. It is just sprinkles of white flurries cast against this dark night, enveloping her with coldness, making her numb. Nevertheless, she needs to keep on moving because she needs to see her. She needs to talk to her. She have to.

 

She stopped when she saw a man walking back. It’s Jungkook, looking back at her too.

 

                Jungkook ran after her. She remembered Hayoung saying that.  And so, she approach Jungkook.

 

                “Have you seen SinB?” She asked, hoping that he knows where she is.

 

                “Yes, though I think I shouldn’t tell you.” The tall guy glared at her as if he wants to strangle her.

 

                “What? Of course, you have to tell me. I’m her unnie.” She said, thinking of other things that she can say so Jungkook would tell her.

I’m her co-member who loves her. That is what she wants to say, but she chose not to. You have to tell me since it looks like I hurt her, unintentionally. Her brain added, which makes her frown and look down.

 

                “Unnie?” Jungkook questioned. He did a bitter chuckle. “It’s nice of you saying that when you’re clearly the one who hurt her.”

 

                Yerin furrowed her brows. So, that confirmed it. She thought. Unable to say anything about it, she asked again, “Where is she?”

 

                “She doesn’t want to be found. Why do you think she ran? Your late on running after her anyway.” Jungkook said, continuing to walk back, passing Yerin.

 

                “Please.” Yerin said, though she didn’t want to, her voice faltered. “Please, tell me where she is.” She continued, grabbing Jungkook’s arm to stop him from moving away.

 

                “You don’t deserve her. I thought she would be happy with you but it looks like I’m wrong. You just hurt her. And, I think telling where she is to the one who hurt her is treachery. So, I won’t.”

 

                Yerin snapped. She knows it’s her fault and the guy in front of him doesn’t need to rub it on her wound. She can’t stop herself, she smirked bitterly and rolled her eyes. “Are you hearing what you’re saying? You sound like you care a lot for her as if you didn’t hurt her too. You broke up with her just months ago!” She shouted. “Now, you’re saying I don’t deserve her? You’re accusing me like I don’t care. You should actually tell me where she is because she won’t go home until I, we, found her, don’t you think? If you really care for her, tell me.”

 

                “I do care a lot about her. You just don’t know. You talk like you all know what happened. Like you all know what is happening!” Jungkook answered back, getting frustrated. He grab Yerin by her elbow and pulled her near him. He directly looked at her eyes and said, “You’re the reason she’s like that and it’s not me. We broke up, because of you.” He said, greeting his teeth, trying to control himself. He doesn’t want to hurt anyone but his blood is boiling, his view getting covered by a color he is fond of, black.

 

                “What?” Yerin asked, surprised, her brows furrowed.

                Jungkook just glare at her and tighten his grip on the girl’s elbow. “It is partly true that she’s sad because of what happened. I don’t even know if she accepts what I told her already, but judging from what she is in right now, I bet she did already. It is you.”

 

                Yerin grimaces as she felt the sting on her elbow. It hurts, she thought. She tried to ignore it but Jungkook tighten his grip again, and so she tried to break free from it. She move her hand and tried to wrestle, get her arm away from Jungkook.

 

“Excuse me? Why would I be the reason? Don’t push the blame on me. For all I know, SinB loved you enough that she’s not that lively as how she used to be.”

 

                Jungkook get his hands away from Yerin. He shouldn’t hurt her, he thought. Hurting her would mean hurting SinB, and he doesn’t want that. He chuckled bitterly.

 

I would be happy if she did loved me the way you’re thinking, but she didn’t. Well, perhaps she did, before, she fell for you. He thought. He knows if he is SinB’s happiness he wouldn’t even let go. He wouldn’t let her go away from him. But, he is not, and so he let her go.

 

                “You’re wrong. You should have asked her and not assume things. I know she would answer if you just asked her. We’re not going to make something out of arguing with each other.” He said. “She’s eating at the store that you’ll be seeing first.” He gave up the information, thinking that it is for the better. Furthermore, he saw Yerin’s bruises on her arms and there’s a cut on her elbow. That elbow he is holding on a while ago.

 

She must have ran so hard that she fell. He thought.

 

                Yerin was surprised that Jungkook suddenly told her. It was like there’s a sudden turn and she felt confused. Confused by Jungkook suddenly telling her about SinB’s whereabout and the things she’s saying about SinB and herself. It’s confusing.

 

                “Don’t think that I gave up. I’m just giving you a chance. Run fast or you won’t be able to arrive on time. I don’t know if she’ll stay there.” He added.

 

                “I – Thank you!” Yerin shouted back because she started running already.

 

 

                “It’s the last chance that I’m going to give you Yerin-ssi. If you fail this time, I’m taking back what is supposed to be mine.” Jungkook said into thin air, looking afar, following Yerin with his gaze.

 

                “What you looking at?” a voice startled him. He looked back and saw Taehyung.

 

                “Oh, hyung, you’re here.” He said.

 

                “Yeah, I’ve decided to come see you on the way. I thought you’ve must have been buried in the snow since you’re taking up a lot of time to go there.”

 

               

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter