Ice Skating With You

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Oh, Umji-ah. Look, there's a skating rink built there. At the end of the park, north. Here, look at it." Yuju said giving the brochure they got from Sowon, with a map included inside.

 

 

"Oh, cool. Though, it would take lot of walking to go there. And, we didn't bring skates for that.. So, we're going to rent."
The younger girl said as she further reads the information written there.

 

 

"How much do you have right now?" She asked.

 

 

"Still got 700." Yuju answered.

 

 

"Hmm. I brought 1000. Half of it is for emergency. That would be enough, I think. It says here that the rent would cost 100 per head. So, that would be 200 for the two of us."

 

"Oh, then. Let's go. My treat." Yuju stand up and get the paperbag filled with the foods they bought.

 

"Alright. Let's go. But it would be my turn now. You're the one who bought our foods anyway."

 

"But, I insist. I'm the older one, afterall."

 

"Unnie~" Umji protested. "Araseo. I'll pay but help me learn skating. You're the one who improved the fastest when we learned that for our Navillera MV. How about that?"

 

"Hmm, I'll think about it."

 

"Yayy!~ That's my unnie." Umji cheerfully said.

 

"Thanks umji-ah. But my answer is still NO." Yuju said, smirking after.

 

"Ahh, this unnie. You tricked me." The younger one said sulkily as if she's saying that iconic 'I don't want to wash things again' from their Showtime.

 

"Fine. You pay. Don't pout like that, you're getting cuter." Yuju touched their maknae's chin briefly adding a click of the tongue as an effect.

 

"Does parodying moonbyul-unnie have an effect on you? It looks like the greasiness is spreading." Umji spoke in the manner almost close to how SinB would say it. "Or perhaps you're hanging out with Yerin unnie that much."

 

"I'm sure, you hanging out with SinB a lot make the savageness spread too."

 

"The gorgeousness spread too." The younger maknae joked. 

 

"Oh my God. You're really getting bolder and shameless." Yuju exclaimed in surprise, saying the first three words in English.

 

Yewon (Umji) turned her head a little in effort to understand what the girl is saying. "I'm just joking.."

 

"I know. But, I remembered when we did our Vlive.  You made the members crack up when you sublty told us that we're always beautiful, not just 'today'."

 

Yewon got what Yuju was saying so she just smiled and the melting ice cream in her hand. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

"Unnie, message our unnies. Tell them that  we're here already. They might be worrying." 

 

"Okay." She said as she fish her phone in her small yet bulky bag. "I would tell them to meet here if they would want to. "

 

" unnie! Look! That's sort of look like a bungee jump! I want to try that too. Last time, I haven't tried it with all of you on showtime."

 

"Oh, Umji-ah, I recommend you not to do it. I cried a lot when I did that." Yuju touched her forehead dramatically. Her forehead which is almost non-existent because of her full bangs.

 

"Well, you're afraid of heights unnie. I wonder how you and Yerin unnie felt about doing that."

 

"Honestly, I almost faint when I stand there at the edge. It is how you have watched it. It is so high that I backed out almost three times. Yerin-unnie is brave, she's the last one to jump."

 

Umji nodded slowly, taking all of the information and she have watched the show too so she somehow knows about it too.


"But, I also want to experience the horror our mamamoo unnies have at that episode."

 

Yuju hummed, "I agree too. But, I don't think I would be able to handle it alone like that. If you are with me, I can, no matter how frightful it is."

 

"A-ah, I mean, with you and all of them. Anyone to accompany me." Yuju added, explaining a little bit, blushing madly. 

 

Umji giggled,"Unnie, why are you explaining? I already understand what you meant. Of course anyone of our members would do." She smiled at her unnie who's been weirldy being flustered, still wanting to explain what she said a while ago.

 

"Oh, I suddebly remembered. Can you text SinB, unnie? I know she would want to try that. And that means they should hurry." She said, looking at the large signboard which indicates the time the 'activity' started and what time it would end.

 

"Yep, I did already, when you told me about that scary thing."

 

"Haha, you're funny unnie." 

 

Yuju just smiled. "Here. Have this." She handed her a crossaint bread they've bought a while ago. "It's better to eat these while it's still hot." She said, putting a piece of the food inside .

 

 

---

 

 

"Oooh, I didn't expect it to be this big!" 

 

Yuju smiled, looking at the overlyexcited member beside her, watching the people skating like a kid who first saw a fish in the aquarium - with her hands gripping the railings.

 

"Come, I'll pay so we can start early. I've brought caps, masks and things we would need. They're all in my bag. So we just have to rent the skates."

 

 

"Wow. You're ready unnie."

 

 

"Of course, I am. I should take care of you, our baby~" Yuju said, almost singing the last words. And that's weird.

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Sooooooo~" Yuju said in English after almost an hour they are skating.

 

 

"Hm? What is ist unnie?" Umji asked not looking at her unnie because she is too focused on trying to balance herself.

 

"I guess you really can't learn to skate that fast. I mean on ice." Yuju commented.

 

 

"I don't know how this could be harder than the skating we did for Navillera. This just added 'ice' anyway." Umji responded, looking at her unnie, who effortlessly is sliding back and forth near her. However, she regret watching her for more than twenty seconds as soon as her touched the cool hard ice.

 

 

"Aw~"

 

 

"Oh, Umji-ah!" Yuju immediately turned her head on their youngest member. "Are you okay?"

 

 

"Yeah, nothing serious unnie. I just slipped."

 

Yuju chuckled. "Okay, here." She said, holding out her hand on the fallen girl. "I guess, you really can't skate." She teases her.

 

 

Umji pouts, rubbing her elbow which also touched the ice. She had fallen too many times already that she can't count it in her hands and she's getting annoyed at how she can't do it properly just like her unnie, accompanying her, who looks like she's just born with these talents already. The older girl then bends over and picks up the young girl, since the younger hasn't grab on her hand she's offering a while ago.

 

 

"No.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter