Chapter 5

What is love?

Thanks for the encouraging words guys!

Enjoy!!!

 

–––

 

Taeyeon was walking down the aisles looking for a book as she cursed her literature teacher for making the class write a ten-page research paper.

 

“Does Mr. Stern not have a life?” She muttered under her breath. Her hand traced over the binding of a book and she looked at the paper in her other hand to double check she had the right book. When she finally did confirm the book was the one she needed, she quickly walked to the librarian in order to check it out.

 

The old widow looked at Taeyeon through her overwhelming prescribed lenses and took the book from the latter’s hands. “Make sure to return it before the due date.”

 

The quiet girl didn’t hesitate to quickly walk away to one of the studying tables in the library. At the second she decided to sit down, her phone vibrated, but she didn’t answer. After all, she was avoiding the said person that’s been constantly…. well… annoying her.

 

At least, that’s what she kept telling herself.

 

After Jessica confronted––more like threatened––her about staying away from Tiffany, Taeyeon did the impossible to avoid the bright girl. It hurt her to see a confused, yet hurt look in Hwang’s eyes whenever they were in class.

 

But Jessica knew something that Taeyeon wished the girl hadn’t discovered.

 

She couldn’t risk losing Tiffany…. not when she’s finally made a friend, one that she actually likes.

 

The thought of not having that bright girl around her saddened her. Even now, as she avoided her, it saddened her. She wanted to hear Hwang’s cheery voice again. It was always so warm and inviting.

 

Taeyeon had grown accustomed to the bubbly girl’s personality. Tiffany was always so positive about the way she viewed the world. It was the exact opposite of how she viewed it.

 

Her phone vibrated again, and she stared at it as it displayed Tiffany’s name with a small heart next to it.

 

It hurt.

 

It hurt more than she’d ever imagined.