Chapter 27

What is love?

Tiffany’s been acting weird the past few days, and Taeyeon doesn’t like it. Tiffany's spacing out a lot. Her mood has plummeted, and Taeyeon doesn’t know why. Her foot’s tapping rapidly against the floor as she waits for the bell to ring. Taeyeon had asked her teacher if she could go to the restroom before the bell rang. It’s her last class and it’s also the last day before they go on their winter break. The bell rings and students start to file out of the classroom she’s waiting in front of. A certain brunet comes out and she grabs her by the wrist. 

 

Jessica let’s out a shriek before settling her eyes on a certain blond she so much doesn’t like being around. “You better have a good explanation to why you decided to scare the living out of me!” Her teeth grind against each other as she glares at the shorter girl.

 

Taeyeon shrugs Jessica’s piercing glare and lets go of the girl’s wrist. “What’s up with Tiffany? Why is she so upset? She doesn’t want to say anything.”

 

Jessica lets out a sigh and runs a hand through her hair. She knows why Tiffany is acting like this. “Her dad just came back. She hasn’t said anything else except that he came back. I’ve been trying to get her to talk too.”

 

“Well, thanks for the help I guess.” Taeyeon’s voice oozes sarcasm as she turns the other way students are coming from. Jessica stands there feeling a little used. “At least I semi-know what’s wrong with her!” Jessica’s scream makes Taeyeon halt in her steps. “Whatever.” With a shrug, Taeyeon continues to walk towards her sixth period.

 

Jessica can’t help but fume over the fact that the girl so carelessly ignores her. It annoys her that Taeyeon would be so blunt about confronting her, about ignoring her seething rage. How dare she ignore her! Jessica can’t help but stomp her way to the shorter girl and yank her by the wrist. “Don’t you dare walk away from me when I’m talking to you!”

 

Taeyeon can’t help but sigh. “Okay, then talk.” The short girl just wants to get this over with. She still has to figure out a way for Tiffany to start talking about what’s making her so upset and weird. Taeyeon doesn’t like to see Tiffany like that, upset and weird.

 

Jessica’s taken a bit aback. She expected for the introverted girl to snap back at her, to scream at her. Now that Taeyeon’s full attention is on her, she doesn’t know what to say, and others around them are starting to stare. Jessica tries to fight an incoming embarrassed blush. “Another time. I just remembered that there are things more important than talking to you.” 

 

If Jessica’s words are supposed to hurt Taeyeon, they don't. Taeyeon just brushes them off. “Okay.”

 

Jessica just can’t support the other girl’s behavior. If she doesn’t walk away now, she doesn’t know what she’ll do. “Whatever.” It’s a snarky remark, but it doesn’t affect Taeyeon whatsoever. Taeyeon just rolls her eyes and begins to walk back to her sixth period. She has better things to do than to entertain Jessica at her own games.

 

The students’ that witnessed the whole scene can’t believe their eyes. This is the second time that Taeyeon has walked away from Jessica and not be a sobbing mess. Jessica has a reputation for making girls’ feel so humiliated that they don’t show their faces for days.

–––––

Okay, so this was supposed to be a Taeny chapter, but I couldn't help it. Jessica's character is just so fun to poke at. I mean, can you blame me?