Chapter 12

What is love?

 

 

Tiffany sat in her fifth period doing her work. Her teacher had given them a packet and told the students they could work either alone or in a group. Tiffany didn’t want to talk to anyone so she quickly got to work.

 

“Hey.”

 

She looked up to see Jessica sitting in the desk next to her. “Hey.” It was a mumble, but Jessica still heard her.

 

“Did you hear about what happened during lunch?”

 

Tiffany dropped her pencil and gave her full attention to her best friend. “What happened?”

 

“Do you remember loud mouth Danny? The one that got suspended for fighting that one kid that accidentally spilled his juice on him.”

 

A sigh left Tiffany’s mouth. “Yeah. What did he do this time?”

 

“Well…” Jessica leaned in closer to Tiffany, “He got sent to Mr. Reller after he pushed you know who.”

 

Tiffany looked at Jessica puzzled.

 

‘Who’s you know who?’

 

“Unfashionable T.” Jessica stated after Tiffany kept on staring at her, looking lost. And at the mention of Taeyeon, a prominent frown edged on Tiffany’s face. “Don’t speak about her around me.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I’m just saying. You know how D-”

 

“Jess,” Tiffany interrupted Jessica, “I could care less about her.”

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany dead in the eye to see if Tiffany was serious about it, and surprisingly, Tiffany was. “I just feel sorry for her. She has no one here. Danny looked pissed, and she looked scared. “ With that, Jessica stood and joined some other friends of hers that were chatting away their class period. Jessica did mean it when she said she felt sorry for Taeyeon. She may not like the girl, but she doesn’t wish for her to get hurt. Especially if it’s loud mouth Danny the one doing it.

 

Tiffany let out a sigh and looked at the packet of work before her. Her stomach felt knotted and felt like it was closing. Some part of her did care about Taeyeon. Some part of her did care that Danny was harassing Taeyeon. But. Some other part of her was hurt. That part of her didn’t want anything to do with Taeyeon. And that part of her was greater than the other.

 

Why should she feel the need to talk to Danny and tell him to leave Taeyeon alone? Why should she check up on Taeyeon and tell her that everything will be fine?

 

No.

 

Life is life.

 

And Taeyeon’s a big girl.

‘She’s smart. She can deal with it herself.’

––––

Please Read:

I wasn't going to upload this, but I have a feeling that work and school will get in the way.

Next chapter is going to be a bit longer, and I don't know if I should make it a rated M chapter. It's not what you think. There's nothing ual about it, but... it is a little angsty and dark and what not, so I want your opinion over it. Should I make it a rated M or should I not? Things happen to Taeyeon. I don't want to go into full depth about it without ruining the next chapter for you. Please tell me if you guys are fine with it or not., so that I can make it a rated M along with a warning.