Chapter 11

What is love?

So I'm trying to get this completed before the year ends. So I'll be updating every so and so.

It's kind of a filler chapter, but it's needed.

Enjoy!

 

––––

 

Tiffany was with her usual group of friends, talking as if nothing had ever happened. Taeyeon watched from afar as she pulled her coat closer to herself, leaning against the wall of the cafeteria.

 

It was lunchtime, and all the seats inside the cafeteria were taken due to the cold weather outside. No one in their right minds wanted to be stuck outside in the rain. Taeyeon couldn’t stomach any food. She hasn’t been eating as much lately. She’s just not hungry.

 

Taeyeon watches Tiffany’s group of friends as someone says something and everyone starts to laugh, all but Tiffany. Tiffany’s staring out into space not paying attention to her surroundings. She watches as Jessica puts her hand on her shoulder and Tiffany looks at Jessica. Jessica says something and Tiffany nods.

 

Taeyeon wishes that could have been her comforting Tiffany, but she lost that privilege.

 

“Sup, Dyke.”

 

Taeyeon tenses at the mention of her sudden nickname when she lashed out at Jessica. Ever since that day, everyone knew about her feelings for Tiffany. They all knew that she liked Tiffany. All expect Tiffany, who just started to come back to school recently.

 

“What? Now ya’ can’t even say anything? Damn, Dyke. You've lost your touch. I was kinda diggin’ that sassy tone you’d use on me every so often.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t look at the boy who was a head taller than her. The said boy had been picking on Taeyeon ever since word ran through the entire school that Taeyeon had a huge crush on the cheer team’s captain.

 

“Hey.” The boy shoves Taeyeon, “Face me when I’m talkin’ to ya, Dyke. No one disrespects me like that. Got that?”

 

Taeyeon is supporting herself on the wall as she faces her bully. Her fists are balled and she can feel the rough edges of the wall dig deep into her skin.

 

“Rodriguez!”

 

One of the supervisors had watched the boy Rodriguez push Taeyeon, and she knew trouble was spelled all over him. “Principal's office now!”

 

“What?! I ain’t do nothin’.” Rodriguez puts his hands up trying to act innocent. “Tell her Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon stays quiet.

 

“Office. Now.” Supervisor Nichols points at the main office.

 

“It’s cause I’m Mexican huh?” The boy talks back. “Man, all you white people be the same. I can’t even try to talk someone up without ya thinkin’ I’m doin’ somethin'.”

 

Supervisor Nichols takes out her walkie talky and speaks into it. “I got a code 13. Rodriguez is harassing a student, talking back, and isn't listening to orders.”

 

“Whaaat?! Man, that’s bull and ya know it!” Rodriguez tries to get in Nichols' face but she pushes him back. “Try doing something like that again Rodriguez and you’ll be looking at an expulsion.”

 

“Garcia here. I’m coming to you,” says the walkie talky.

 

“Ya know what? I don’t need this.” Rodriguez starts to walk away but doesn’t fail to look at Taeyeon, and he shamelessly his lips. “It ain’t over, Kim.”

 

“Get back here Rodriguez!” Nichols walks after him but doesn’t forget to look at Taeyeon. “Get to class Kim.”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t have to be told twice. She quickly darts to her fifth period without a second thought. A small relieved sigh leaves her lips as she tries to calm her racing heart. She was scared, scratch that, she is scared. She knows Danny––Rodriguez–– doesn’t play. When he says it isn’t over, then it isn’t over.

 

Her body quivers at the thought of what Danny is capable of and curses herself for even ‘disrespecting’ him in the first place. Her temper got the best of her. She’s been upset these past few days, and she keeps cursing herself for letting it get to her when Danny was around.

 

What did I do to deserve this?